• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Don't feel like waiting any longer...

So I decided I want to buy a full size black SR9 for my first handgun, but I can't find them anywhere. No one has any and no one knows when they're coming in.
My question is should I just buy the compact version which I can find in stock or buy a m&p9 full size and live with the 10lb trigger until I can afford to fix it?

I'm hesitant to buy the sr9c since I've never fired one before. I've only handled it in the store.

So I decided I want to buy a full size black SR9 for my first handgun, but I can't find them anywhere. No one has any and no one knows when they're coming in.
My question is should I just buy the compact version which I can find in stock or buy a m&p9 full size and live with the 10lb trigger until I can afford to fix it?

I'm hesitant to buy the sr9c since I've never fired one before. I've only handled it in the store.

My two cents..... stick with your first choice...... full size black SR9 for your first handgun!

Otherwise when they do come in you'll have buyers remorse!

We all have compromised on our first choice and learned to have regretted it later!

Stay the course... the full size black SR9 will be worth the wait! [thumbsup]

Check the classifieds here, there are a few there. One just recent.

Love mine, and it was my first handgun as well.

My first gun was the full size SR9, LOVED IT...awesome gun, really reliable etc. I sold it a year later and bought the SR9c, which, believe it or not is a better gun IMO. Fit in my hands better, trigger was a little smoother which I didn't think the trigger could get any better. SR9c is exactly as advertised, small enough to conceal, large enough it's fun to shoot.

You won't be disappointed that's for sure. You can also get the larger mags (not higher capacity) to make the grip larger to make it basically the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Also M&P's are good guns, but add $100 for a trigger kit to make it fun to shoot.

I was in the market for the SR9. I ended up buying the SR9c. I do not regret it at all. I love my SR9c and would not trade it for the full size. zFor me, it shoots just as well as the full size, and it is easier to carry.

Post Apex Trigger, I think I like my M&P 9 Full a LITTLE bit better than my SR9 Full, but it's very close. I'm planning on shooting Walls Of Steel with my SR9 next month.

SR9c was my first CCW and I loved it, but she got replaced with a gun that makes a louder boom. Yep, SR9/ SR9c are worth the aggrivation of finding one for sure. Trigger is glass. M&P mehhhh. I'd take a Shield in 9mm but I don't feel the need to buy one.

Last edited:
I'd take the SR series every day and twice on Sunday over the M&P. Much better trigger. Most M&P's with a trigger job still don't have as good of a trigger. The M&P is a nicer looking gun IMO but that's about it.

My first handgun was the SR9 full size. By the time I had saved to buy it took calls to 6 LGS and a 50 mile drive to get mine. I love it and have had zero issues. With a little dremel work and polish the trigger isn't half bad either. The more I shoot it the better it feels. Anyone who has tried it has commented positively on its feel and good looks. If you plan to try IDPA or the likes I would advise to get an extra magazine and mark it special as your empty to safely hammer down at the end of the stage. Rules do not allow removal of the mag safety and you can damage the firing pin otherwise.

I was at Four Seasons last night and they had full size and compact SR9's, in both two-tone and all black

I was at Four Seasons last night and they had full size and compact SR9's, in both two-tone and all black

Just called them and reserved a full-size SR9 all Black!
I'm really glad now that MFS sold out of sr9c last night before I got there. I was upset at first, but it all worked out.

Just called them and reserved a full-size SR9 all Black!
I'm really glad now that MFS sold out of sr9c last night before I got there. I was upset at first, but it all worked out.
That's great, you'll be very pleased with both the firearm and the customer service at four seasons!

SR9s feel like plastic toys. M&P9s are built better. And people that whine about M&P triggers are babies. I never did anything to mine. I have great accuracy with it

Good deal. My first was an SR9 as well and I have never regretted it. I see you are in Westie, where you planning to shoot?

Back
Top Bottom