• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Don't bring a 3D Printer to a gun fight????????

I thought the article was fairly balanced and did a fairly accurate job of describing the laws involved.

But let's face it, the pants-shitters will shit their pants no matter what the article says.

Why do they say the barrel needs to be plastic and might blow up?

Just make the lower and order the upper on the net.

I think at this point the thrill is in making it, not owning the gun.

If you want a cheap lower you can buy 30 of them for the price of a good machine.

Much more cost effective.

As discussed before... there are guys out there running lowers made by hand from polypropylene cutting boards. Haters gonna hate.

I thought the article was fairly balanced and did a fairly accurate job of describing the laws involved.

But let's face it, the pants-shitters will shit their pants no matter what the article says.

Pants shitters gonna shit! I love it!
Someone pleeez make the de-mo poster???

To the point, I think these guys will get ''anonymous funding'' soon.

I seem for remeber these printers being the way Red Jacket made that 10-22 Zombie Gun stock.

http://www.redjacketfirearms.com/in...ategory_id=11&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=19

Those dumbasses made a housing for a 10/22. Not anything structural. Personally I thought the finished product was lame, but it was likely the first legitimate forward thinking displayed on the show.

Some of the new 3d printers are able to print some reasonably strong things these days, but I wouldn't make anything expected to save my life!

There are some super new 3d laser printers that print by melting powdered metal and when they are done its a full on metal part. Not forged, not cast, but I imagine damn close to a legit milled part.

Last edited:
i got this emailed to me at work. told the person who sent it i was already on engineer 1 and 2 asking for them to build me an AR lower once their VP went away on vacation.

I took a class on composite materials back in college - for a term project my group and I designed and specd a rifle barrel made out of fiber reinforced posite. If I recall correctly, it was a aramid fiber (kevlar) over polyurea elastomer matrix. On paper it would withstand the pressures and impulse - we never built or tested it.

(they use similar composites to make bomb resistant structures)

I took a class on composite materials back in college - for a term project my group and I designed and specd a rifle barrel made out of fiber reinforced posite. If I recall correctly, it was a aramid fiber (kevlar) over polyurea elastomer matrix. On paper it would withstand the pressures and impulse - we never built or tested it.

(they use similar composites to make bomb resistant structures)

Remind me to never piss you off...

There are 3D printers which are capable of producing another 3D printer. They can clone themselves. Watch out.

Skynet goes self-aware!

terminator.jpg

Back
Top Bottom