• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Done with Tulammo

I have had a couple issues with Tula . One with a box of 40 the rounds had very inconsistent charges most were fairly light then I got a couple that felt like a 10mm rounds. I thought the slide was going to come off my gun so I ended up tossing the remainder of the box.
I also had a batch of 7.62 x 39 that I noticed the bullets were setting back in the case due to loose necks or bad crimp. I was shooting a yugo sks and the recoil felt very harsh thinking there was a issue with the rifle, I unloaded the sks and ejected a chambered round to check the rifle for a problem. I then noticed that the chambered rounds bullet was setback in the case. I then loaded the rifle back up , hand the cycled the gun and checked the ejected rounds more then half were setback.

In all seriousness, yes. All of the Tula / Wolf / Herters / etc ammo that I've ever tried in any caliber seems to be loaded to the very minimum.
Has anyone used the Tula Brass Maxx 9 mm ammo? Fiocchi (Italy) recently contracted with Tula to manufacture it.

In all seriousness, yes. All of the Tula / Wolf / Herters / etc ammo that I've ever tried in any caliber seems to be loaded to the very minimum.

Wolf 9mm has changed then because I've got older Wolf 9mm ammo that'll make an Uzi fly. Not underpowered at all. Too bad the new stuff isn't up to snuff. Anyone chrono it lately?
I'd be curious to see if it has actually changed from previous lots.

By hang fire I mean I heard the hammer drop, and 1/2 - 1 second later the round would go off. Boxes never got wet that I can tell.

The hang fires don;t have me nearly as concerned as the rounds falling apart does.

Sounds like the primer worked well but the powder was bad.

Sounds like the primer worked well but the powder was bad.

This is what happened. The primer went off and pushed the bullet into the barrel, however the powder failed to ignite.

I had this happen to a batch of 7.7jap I bought from a reloader. In my case the powder looked oily/clumpy, as if a lubricant got into it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

This is what happened. The primer went off and pushed the bullet into the barrel, however the powder failed to ignite.

I had this happen to a batch of 7.7jap I bought from a reloader. In my case the powder looked oily/clumpy, as if a lubricant got into it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Yep like I said. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom