Donation Bins - WTF is Wrong with People?

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of you have no idea what's coming.

If dump/ transfer station fees get too high, the stuff just ends up in every blind turn and non visible area in the roads.

Roadside trash dumping is a huge problem in some places.
Now you're talking.

Victor Davis Hanson: The Remains of a California Day

I think I'd read it before,
but ISTR he's got another screed that talks about
all the abandoned white goods in rural roadside ditches -
dumped by crimaliens that DGAF.

Maybe this is it, an update written 8 years later:

Victor Davis Hanson: The Diversity Of Illegal Immigration

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A live mortar shell, believed to be from World War II, was recently left at this Goodwill store in Placerville

amb

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I have a 2 yard dumpster that I rent for $75 a month. Yes that is disgustingly expensive. I do a lot of larger woodworking and mechanic jobs. If I throw one brake pad into my town trash collection they won’t touch it. Any type of wood, shock absorber, car part of any kind, if they see something they don’t like they’ll leave everything.
Wow, that's rough. Lots of towns will leave construction debris on the curb (being at the curb with a good attitude and $20 helps), but not even taking car parts is a new low. I can see the point with construction debris, but WTF, car parts?!

My town used to be a little picky, then we switched to the town-provided wheeled bins that the trucks can pick up and dump without a human touching them. Nice and opaque, no humans to bitch about what's in it, and they hold a lot.

GaryO

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I saw it 30 years ago with the bins outside Shaw’s in Easton. Nothing new.
1978, my father told my brother and me to bring some trash to the dump, we goofed around and by the time we got to the dump, it was closed. My brother (older than me) said that we'll put it in the dumpster behind the gas station and no one will know. 3 hours later, 2 very angry cops who picked through the trash to find something with an address came to the door. How I wished that they would bring us to jail, it would be a lot easier than dealing with my father. Learned an important lesson that day.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1978, my father told my brother and me to bring some trash to the dump, we goofed around and by the time we got to the dump, it was closed. My brother (older than me) said that we'll put it in the dumpster behind the gas station and no one will know. 3 hours later, 2 very angry cops who picked through the trash to find something with an address came to the door. How I wished that they would bring us to jail, it would be a lot easier than dealing with my father. Learned an important lesson that day.
This sounds like a story that might have happened on Thanksgiving Day.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Down on the end of my street are two donation bins. Both are clearly marked "CLOTHES and SHOES ONLY"

Every single day some scumbags drop off furniture, old toys, electronics, appliances, yard waste, house clean outs,etc.

How effing stupid and careless are people today?

Unreal.
LOL. I’ll spare you the photo I took at the transfer station in my uber lefty, highly edumacated town where the plastic recycle - complete with sign explaining what plastic is ok - was crammed with paper recycling (next f’ing bin over) and trash.

It’s not stupid or careless, it’s selfish, self-centered, entitled, a**holism.

R

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why hasn’t someone mentioned the Amazon trash removable method?

Just put your trash in an Amazon box and leave it on your porch.
It will be gone in a couple days.

Reactions: AHM

McReef

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have you seen what they vote for?

The answer is VERY.

Although in this case it is probably more about not giving a f***.
^^^ This. What they vote for is running things so inefficiently that they can no longer afford to provide the services that were a given for many decades, like trash removal.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

We had one of these "donation" boxes in the parking lot of my business. No one knew where it came from. I have spent the past year trying to contact the owners of it by calling the number on the side, internet searching, etc. No luck.No response.

Last week someone dumped a couple of pallets of crap aside of it. They didn't even bother to put the crap inside the box, they just dumped it on the side of the box. Old clothes, toys, household trash, a bag of trash from their KFC lunch. Absolute A$$HOLZ! The cardboard boxes had several shipping labels on them. Same first name,(female) two different last names, same address. I called the person and got a voice-mail. I left a message explaining that we had several boxes of her belongings in our parking lot and that we needed her to come and remove them.

A little later I hear the General Manager on the phone with someone and I get the gist of the conversation. She swears up and down that she didn't dump the crap in our parking loot. (though she does admit to "bringing stuff to another donation box in another town." [angry]

OK, So you expect me to believe the someone else took YOUR BOXES, put THEIR CRAP IN THEM , and dumped them on my front lawn. SURE!!!!!!!!! You lying SOB.

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My town has pink bags for clothing and toaster recycling. It's picked up on recycling day by an independent company that (I think) does this for free for the value of the used clothes and toasters. The bags have large printing "Property of .... any other use is theft" (or similar) on the bag. There is no claim made that it has anything to do with charity. I still wonder how they got value out of decade+ old pillows.

BrianWilson

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Old Ball and Chain is a dump pirate of legendary proportions. It's like a war with her. The dump dude gave her a big load of crap one time because she pulled in forward instead of backing in, and she took it kind of personal. Now every time she goes she has to sneak in something they charge for, like a microwave or something. She's really genius about it, and puts it in the right place and all, but still it's pretty embarrassing. I won't go with her anymore. Damned if I'm going to end up doing an overnite in the blue light hotel over an old toaster or something.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My town has pink bags for clothing and toaster recycling. It's picked up on recycling day by an independent company that (I think) does this for free for the value of the used clothes and toasters. The bags have large printing "Property of .... any other use is theft" (or similar) on the bag. There is no claim made that it has anything to do with charity. I still wonder how they got value out of decade+ old pillows.
so if you have a burned bagel, you put it in the pink bag?

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Are you guys big on toast in that town???? I can't tell you the last time I had to recycle a toaster. Microwaves??? I can't keep them more than 3 years. Always a different problem but they crap out on me no matter what. But toasters? Damn. Simple machines that just work.

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll spare you the photo I took at the transfer station in my uber lefty, highly edumacated town where the plastic recycle - complete with sign explaining what plastic is ok - was crammed with paper recycling (next f’ing bin over) and trash.

It’s not stupid or careless, it’s selfish, self-centered, entitled, a**holism.
What with straw laws and all,
Paper is the New Plastic™.

In the last millennium,
it was NYC apartment dwellers disposing of their trash
during a garbage union strike
by gift-wrapping it and leaving it (briefly) on the back seat
of their car with the windows rolled down.

We had one of these "donation" boxes in the parking lot of my business. No one knew where it came from. I have spent the past year trying to contact the owners of it by calling the number on the side, internet searching, etc. No luck.No response.
Tell 911 it's making a ticking noise...
(I didn't write that...)

Top Bottom