Donation Bins - WTF is Wrong with People?

Paul455

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Down on the end of my street are two donation bins. Both are clearly marked "CLOTHES and SHOES ONLY"

Every single day some scumbags drop off furniture, old toys, electronics, appliances, yard waste, house clean outs,etc.

How effing stupid and careless are people today?

Unreal.

RumRunner

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Malden started charging for trash, have to buy city only trash bags. Since they started that, the city and many businesses had to get rid of their trash barrels outside because people would dump their household trash and fill them up. I can see cleaning out your car at the gas station or something like that, but filling up a park barrel or a stores barrel with your household trash is a DB move.

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Malden started charging for trash, have to buy city only trash bags. Since they started that, the city and many businesses had to get rid of their trash barrels outside because people would dump their household trash and fill them up. I can see cleaning out your car at the gas station or something like that, but filling up a park barrel or a stores barrel with your household trash is a DB move.
Same thing has been happening in Concord, NH. They went to purple bags that you had to buy a few years back. Businesses had to either get rid of their trash bins or figure out how to lock them.

one-eyed Jack

Manufacturer
Dealer
NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My tenants at the Mill in Littleton keep asking me why I don't have a dumpster for them all to use. I tell them that I won't pay to dispose of their tires, mattresses and garbage without a 10% rent increase across board. I could put in a 30 yarder and it would be full of household trash in a day. Jack.

thorin

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Most of those donation bins donate only a tiny margin to charity. Some of them are for profit companies or phony "religions" or other non-profit scams. They don't give the clothes to the needy, they sell them as scrap for rags or sell them overseas. Some of the companies have links to criminal organizations. The boxes look like crap and people leave trash around them as you've noticed. Look up Tvind or the "Teacher's Group" if you want to go down that rabbit hole.

Give your stuff to Goodwill or the Salvation Army where it will actually help people. You'll help the disabled earn a paycheck and your old stuff will actually go back into the community where it can be re-used.

Asaltweapon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
My tenants at the Mill in Littleton keep asking me why I don't have a dumpster for them all to use. I tell them that I won't pay to dispose of their tires, mattresses and garbage without a 10% rent increase across board. I could put in a 30 yarder and it would be full of household trash in a day. Jack.
People got huge balls. Had a 30 for a spec house. Came in on Monday morning and it had all sorts of kids toys in it.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Give your stuff to Goodwill or the Salvation Army where it will actually help people. You'll help the disabled earn a paycheck and your old stuff will actually go back into the community where it can be re-used.
It's been a while but I seem to recall reading something about Goodwill pockets a huge percentage of the profits from donations...you know..."operational expenses" or some such shit.

thorin

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It's been a while but I seem to recall reading something about Goodwill pockets a huge percentage of the profits from donations...you know..."operational expenses" or some such shit.
Both Goodwill & Salvation Army have their flaws, but at least are not complete scams like most of the donation boxes. Best idea of all for recycling, if you've got good stuff, is an NES karma :)

Uzi2

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Same thing has been happening in Concord, NH. They went to purple bags that you had to buy a few years back. Businesses had to either get rid of their trash bins or figure out how to lock them.
Lots of places put in compactors that don't have any outside access so they can't be dumped into by the free loading public.

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Down on the end of my street are two donation bins. Both are clearly marked "CLOTHES and SHOES ONLY"

Every single day some scumbags drop off furniture, old toys, electronics, appliances, yard waste, house clean outs,etc.

How effing stupid and careless are people today?

Unreal.
Have you seen what they vote for?

The answer is VERY.

Although in this case it is probably more about not giving a f***.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
it's a dick move but that's what the city gets for charging for trash bags when your property taxes already paid for trash removal. If I lived in a town that pulled that shit, I'd dump my trash in the middle of the f***in' street.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i was thinking this would be a different sort of rant.

what pisses me off...a lot of these donation bins....are NOT non-profits! They are for profit companies, just taking your shit and reselling it. You need to really trace down who runs the donation bin, and if they are a legit charity, before donating

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Lots of places put in compactors that don't have any outside access so they can't be dumped into by the free loading public.
True, but many places in town either don't have the real estate or enough outside wall to install one of these, plus, they are quite expensive.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
it's a dick move but that's what the city gets for charging for trash bags when your property taxes already paid for trash removal. If I lived in a town that pulled that shit, I'd dump my trash in the middle of the f***in' street.
Yeah F that. It’s nickels and dimes but I’d rather they charge for many services. Trash is one. You want to put 3x as much crap in there as me, pay for it.

Some services need to be spread out. (Street lights, road repair, etc.,). Other expenses should be born by the users.

All that said, I’m sure there isn’t a single town that charged for trash and lowered property taxes because of it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of those donation bins donate only a tiny margin to charity. Some of them are for profit companies or phony "religions" or other non-profit scams. They don't give the clothes to the needy, they sell them as scrap for rags or sell them overseas. Some of the companies have links to criminal organizations. The boxes look like crap and people leave trash around them as you've noticed. Look up Tvind or the "Teacher's Group" if you want to go down that rabbit hole.

If they take my crap for FREE they are helping ME.

I could give a sh*t if "charity" is being helped or not.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah F that. It’s nickels and dimes but I’d rather they charge for many services. Trash is one. You want to put 3x as much crap in there as me, pay for it.

Some services need to be spread out. (Street lights, road repair, etc.,). Other expenses should be born by the users.

All that said, I’m sure there isn’t a single town that charged for trash and lowered property taxes because of it.
In my city they insist that no trash container will be collected if the lid is even a little open.

OK

And they are good to their word.

But I have personally witnessed overflowing barrels in the "Illegal Alien" part of town.

Every single scrap is collected.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was thinking this would be a different sort of rant.

what pisses me off...a lot of these donation bins....are NOT non-profits! They are for profit companies, just taking your shit and reselling it. You need to really trace down who runs the donation bin, and if they are a legit charity, before donating
If they take your unwanted crap and recycle it, what is your problem ?

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If they take your unwanted crap and recycle it, what is your problem ?
its not always crap. Like a nice suit that does not fit me anymore....i would rather that go to some young kid going on a job interview who really needs one...instead of just lining some corporation pockets

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Top Bottom