• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Donald Trump at CPAC

Well, he does make a lot of interesting sense. Claims if he runs for President candacy, he will move quickly to restore respect of America. He said he is pro-life, against gun control and will work to repeal Mr. Obama’s health care plan, and replace it with a plan that does not end up in bankruptcy. “If I decide to run, I will not be raising taxes,” he said. Under his administration, Mr. Trump said America will be “taking in hundreds of millions of dollars from countries that are screwing us.”

Now, although he has tossed around the idea of running for president two different times in the past, I'm sure that this time, barring no other candidates that could win an election, he will run.

Keep an eye on this one.

Video upcoming [video]http://video.foxnews.com/v/4533570/trump-hired-at-cpac/[/video]

He might actually do well, Romney was also blabbing about Obama, i'm not

so sure i would be in favor of his election,,, been there done that.

The Donald needs to put his money where his mouth is.

eh, what the hell........countries going to shit anyways........how much worse can he honestly screw it up.......

I'd call Trump a tool, but tool's are useful. He's just trying to get a few minutes of cheap publicity. He's just another fool who thinks that the country can be run like a business. He'll blather away a bit and then he'll go back to whatever it is he's doing.

My view is politicians are politicians. Ron Paul, Huckabee, whoever, they are going to get in there and deal with the Dems and come up with some middle of the damn road legislation and then praise their accomplishments.
Trump, would get in there and wipe some of the barnacles (agencies and people) off of the government taint.

There are plenty of great potential folks like Paul, but, I think we need someone stronger with some balls to go and make some strong policies.

Then there are those folks on here that are all for the push of the snowball at the top of the hill who want to rub their hands together while watching the further downward spiral of the US. ... I'm not there yet.

My view is politicians are politicians. Ron Paul, Huckabee, whoever, they are going to get in there and deal with the Dems and come up with some middle of the damn road legislation and then praise their accomplishments.
Trump, would get in there and wipe some of the barnacles (agencies and people) off of the government taint.

There are plenty of great potential folks like Paul, but, I think we need someone stronger with some balls to go and make some strong policies.

Then there are those folks on here that are all for the push of the snowball at the top of the hill who want to rub their hands together while watching the further downward spiral of the US. ... I'm not there yet.

This is where you and Trump are mistaken. Whether we like it or not, the political process is one of back and forth, and sometimes compromise. Even Obama, with solid majorities in both houses of Congress could not get all of his agenda through. In fact, he couldn't get MOST of his agenda through and even the health care bill was less than what he wanted. No President can "go in" and make unilateral policies. There are three branches of government for a reason. Trump is used to having his word taken as law, and that just won't work in politics.

This is where you and Trump are mistaken. Whether we like it or not, the political process is one of back and forth, and sometimes compromise. Even Obama, with solid majorities in both houses of Congress could not get all of his agenda through. In fact, he couldn't get MOST of his agenda through and even the health care bill was less than what he wanted. No President can "go in" and make unilateral policies. There are three branches of government for a reason. Trump is used to having his word taken as law, and that just won't work in politics.

Yes, I understand and thought it would be interpreted wrong when I wrote it. I'm clearly upset with the cards we're being dealt. I don't want policies or czars coming from someone whom I support even if I thought they were doing great things.

I imagine I'll be behind the snowball with some folks too if I see much more insanity...

Trump supported Obama over McCain in the last election.

While he makes some great points on American competitveness, I think his primary focus is on himself....his costs, his investment opportunities, etc.

He thought he'd have the best chance to feather his own nest by backing Obama (the front runner in the polls). Since then, he's realized how effed up his own decision making gets when it comes to politics.

Who knows where his core beliefs really are?

I lke Trump because he can make decisions and usually they work for him...or he's quick to the trigger at changing what needs to be changed if they aren't working. I'm not sure about him as president though. I think he can be persuasive enough. He has the guts to take on any domestic challenge presented to him. I'm not sure how his personality and charisma would work with leaders of other countries. I do think many of the more insane leaders such as Imanutjob in Iran and the whacko express in North Korea might back down from him but if they don't it can be ugly. In general I don't think he'll be scary enough to have any affect on the radical muslims. I do think he would have some creative ideas to make it less profitable to move jobs off our shores. I think he'd be good for our oil interests. I think the military would do well under him...insofar as funding, advancing technology, and treatment of veterans.

Over Palin or Romney, I would take trump. I wonder if there is any personal baggage that might come out on trump in a real election fight? There are those juicy divorces, near bankrupcies, etc.

But palin has no chance with the negative media everytime she opens her mouth. Romney...he is a quiter just like palin. Could not be bothered to serve out his full term as MA governor, AND he gave us a lot of RINO laws we have to deal with to this day.

Hopefully, the repubs can come up with someone even better than Trump.

I heard him on Savage over a week ago. Tuned in and had no idea it was him talking. Spoke very tough, saying the things that a guy like me wants to hear.

On the fence as to whether this is good or bad.

I heard him on Savage over a week ago. Tuned in and had no idea it was him talking. Spoke very tough, saying the things that a guy like me wants to hear.

On the fence as to whether this is good or bad.
RomneyCare , his stance on illegals , and not letting the AWB sunset here in MA. when the national one did speaks louder than any radio interview can. Mitt Romney is the poster child of whats wrong with the Republican Party. If he's the best we can come up with for the next election lets hope the Tea Party can come up with a REAL contender.

I'm betting that, since nothing's been done to change the primary process, we will once again end up with a candidate most of us don't want.

So far the odds are with Romney, since he's been spreading around the most money, and working 'the process' harder than anyone else.

It's the recipe that got us Bob Dole, George W Bush, and John McCain.

The CPAC straw poll is in.

Ron Paul won it with 30%(big surprise). Romney came in second with 23% (see where this is going).

Nobody else made it out of single digits, including Trump, who I think got 2%.

Part of me thinks I am crazy for even listening to him when he talks about it. But the other part of me hears what he says and thinks damn this guy might do pretty good.

The CPAC straw poll is in.

Ron Paul won it with 30%(big surprise). Romney came in second with 23% (see where this is going).

Nobody else made it out of single digits, including Trump, who I think got 2%.

yeah, looking forward to seeing the pundit class dismiss the CPAC straw poll results again this year. "dear young republicans... shut up!"

This country would be WAY better off if the power of the executive was reduced overnight to a tenth of what it is today and transferred to the legislative.

Oh, and for those Romney fans here, I'm voting for obama if his name shows up on the R ticket.

Romney: NFW

Back
Top Bottom