• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Donald Trump 2A position:

I think Trump would be much better than most people believe, especially compared to Hillary. Also, with people that you know would never vote Trump, hide your support for him and try to sell Stein, at least with people that are reluctantly declaring for Hildebeast. I've been saying, "well MA is definitely for Hillary, so I feel a protest vote is safe." It's a very, long shot, but would be great if he carried MA.

I think Trump would be much better than most people believe, especially compared to Hillary. Also, with people that you know would never vote Trump, hide your support for him and try to sell Stein, at least with people that are reluctantly declaring for Hildebeast. I've been saying, "well MA is definitely for Hillary, so I feel a protest vote is safe." It's a very, long shot, but would be great if he carried MA.
I know quite a few lifetime dems that wanted to vote for him in the primarys only to be told that they couldn't because they were registered Dem. Many of them have switched to Ind or Rep since. MA is a huge long shot but you never know.

Trump, shut up and take my vote already! :) I love this guy!

While I do not share your enthusiasm, I will vote for him, though he is not my first choice. Hillary can suck the snotty end on my...nevermind, you get the picture

i do not see Johnson with the best riot Weld doing anything but pulling votes from Trump. This girl s too important an election with the SCOTUS seats opening up to just throw away a vote IMHO.

I don't know if or how much of what is listed will get done. All, some or none. I do know what Cankles will do with Maura as the AG. **** that.

As as a side bar, I do like how he sends the libs into fits of rage.

While he is not perfect, Trump is our best shot at taking our country back. The alternative is eventual rebellion and civil war.

I will vote for Trump and the screwed up part is I have to keep that quite.

I've stated twice that I would choose him and have been called a racist, idiot and a handful of other slurs. This is all coming from die hard Hillary voters.

Yet when I bring up one of the many screwed up scenarios that she was/is a part of it falls on deaf ears.

He may not be the best speaker, but if he's a patriot and a doer, then he's the guy for the job.

We've had a talker for 8 years and he's made us weaker.

DON'T READ IF YOU SAW THE PDF
THIS IS A DUPLICATE, WORD FOR WORD, POSTED FOR THE CONVENIENCE OF THE FEW WHO MAY NOT "DO" PDF'S

PROTECTING OUR SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS WILL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

Donald J. Trump on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

The Second Amendment to our Constitution is clear. The right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed upon. Period.

The Second Amendment guarantees a fundamental right that belongs to all law-abiding Americans. The Constitution doesn’t create that right – it ensures that the government can’t take it away. Our Founding Fathers knew, and our Supreme Court has upheld, that the Second Amendment’s purpose is to guarantee our right to defend ourselves and our families. This is about self-defense, plain and simple.

It’s been said that the Second Amendment is America’s first freedom. That’s because the Right to Keep and Bear Arms protects all our other rights. We are the only country in the world that has a Second Amendment. Protecting that freedom is imperative. Here’s how we will do that:

Enforce The Laws On The Books

We need to get serious about prosecuting violent criminals. The Obama administration’s record on that is abysmal. Violent crime in cities like Baltimore, Chicago and many others is out of control. Drug dealers and gang members are given a slap on the wrist and turned loose on thestreet. This needs to stop.

Several years ago there was a tremendous program in Richmond, Virginia called Project Exile.It said that if a violent felon uses a gun to commit a crime, you will be prosecuted in federalcourt and go to prison for five years – no parole or early release. Obama’s former Attorney General, Eric Holder, called that a “cookie cutter” program. That’s ridiculous. I call that program a success. Murders committed with guns in Richmond decreased by over 60% whenProject Exile was in place – in the first two years of the program alone, 350 armed felons were taken off the street.

Why does that matter to law-abiding gun owners? Because they’re the ones who anti-gun politicians and the media blame when criminals misuse guns. We need to bring back and expand programs like Project Exile and get gang members and drug dealers off the street. When we do,crime will go down and our cities and communities will be safer places to live.

Here’s another important way to fight crime – empower law-abiding gun owners to defend themselves. Law enforcement is great, they do a tremendous job, but they can’t be everywhere all of the time. Our personal protection is ultimately up to us. That’s why I’m a gun owner,that’s why I have a concealed carry permit, and that’s why tens of millions of Americans have concealed carry permits as well. It’s just common sense. To make America great again, we’re going to go after criminals and put the law back on the side of the law-abiding.

Fix Our Broken Mental Health System

Let’s be clear about this. Our mental health system is broken. It needs to be fixed. Too manypoliticians have ignored this problem for too long.

All of the tragic mass murders that occurred in the past several years have something in common– there were red flags that were ignored. We can’t allow that to continue. We need to expand treatment programs, because most people with mental health problems aren’t violent, they just need help. But for those who are violent, a danger to themselves or others, we need to get them off the street before they can terrorize our communities. This is just common sense.

And why does this matter to law-abiding gun owners? Once again, because they get blamed byanti-gun politicians, gun control groups and the media for the acts of deranged madmen. When one of these tragedies occurs, we can count on two things: one, that opponents of gun rights will
immediately exploit it to push their political agenda; and two, that none of their so-called“solutions” would have prevented the tragedy in the first place. They’ve even admitted it.

We need real solutions to address real problems. Not grandstanding or political agendas.

Defend The Rights of Law-Abiding Gun Owners

GUN AND MAGAZINE BANS. Gun and magazine bans are a total failure. That’s been proven every time it’s been tried. Opponents of gun rights try to come up with scary sounding phrases like “assault weapons”, “military-style weapons” and “high capacity magazines” to confuse people. What they’re really talking about are popular semi-automatic rifles and standard magazines that are owned by tens of millions of Americans. Law-abiding people should be allowed to own the firearm of their choice. The government has no business dictating what types of firearms good, honest people are allowed to own.

BACKGROUND CHECKS.
There has been a national background check system in place since 1998. Every time a person buys a gun from a federally licensed gun dealer – which is theoverwhelming majority of all gun purchases – they go through a federal background check.Study after study has shown that very few criminals are stupid enough to try and pass abackground check – they get their guns from friends/family members or by stealing them. So the overwhelming majority of people who go through background checks are law-abiding gun owners. When the system was created, gun owners were promised that it would be instant,accurate and fair. Unfortunately, that isn’t the case today. Too many states are failing to put criminal and mental health records into the system – and it should go without saying that a system’s only going to be as effective as the records that are put into it. What we need to do isfix the system we have and make it work as intended. What we don’t need to do is expand a broken system.

NATIONAL RIGHT TO CARRY. The right of self-defense doesn’t stop at the end of your driveway. That’s why I have a concealed carry permit and why tens of millions of Americans do too. That permit should be valid in all 50 states. A driver’s license works in every state, so it’s common sense that a concealed carry permit should work in every state. If we can do that for driving – which is a privilege, not a right – then surely we can do that for concealed carry, which is a right, not a privilege.

MILITARY BASES AND RECRUITING CENTERS. Banning our military from carrying firearms on bases and at recruiting centers is ridiculous. We train our military how to safely and responsibly use firearms, but our current policies leave them defenseless. To make America great again, we need a strong military. To have a strong military, we need to allow them to defend themselves.

Last edited:
I know quite a few lifetime dems that wanted to vote for him in the primarys only to be told that they couldn't because they were registered Dem. Many of them have switched to Ind or Rep since. MA is a huge long shot but you never know.

no matter how much trump may be favored, the media will always make hillary appear to be the favorite. so there's simply no way to tell. the polls show them "neck and neck" or hillary with slight lead, but the same polls are done by phone and demonstrate that something like 70% of her supporters believe she is corrupt...so will those same idiots actually go to the polls to vote for their corrupt queen? i doubt it.

the media was certain that brexit would fail and never gave trump a shot at becoming the primary. props to NH for supporting trump in the primary because I do believe his win in NH made voters elsewhere in the country comfortable to vote for him. had NH been later in the primary schedule I think cruz would have been stronger.

now that we see Cruz's true colors from the RNC I am certain he is a POS. he took a pledge to support trump and refused to do it. apparently he would rather have hillary win than donald. cruz is garbage. i supported him but not in the future.

trump is respected by his family and actually seems like a solid human being. he is transparent. i am proud to vote for him. i have no reservations and am not ashamed in the least to proclaim it.

The "Bernies" could determine this election, they will either not vote at all or vote for Stein as a protest vote. Both will hurt Hillary. I will vote for Trump but unfortunately, because of this moonbat state we live in....I have to keep my mouth shut

I too will vote for Trump and will say it loud and clear. The day I keep my mouth shut to appease some moonbat will never happen. Come on Capecod grow a set will ya ?[wink]

On paper, Trump's position on gun rights is the best of the remaining candidates; even better than Gary Johnson's who does not appear to have a formal written position on gun rights and has said he's open to debate on the subject.

My two concerns are Trump's past positions, and what he's said relative to terror watch list. He's said, but not put into his written position, that he would support denying people on the terror watch list the right to purchase guns if they are "an enemy of state." In the past (early 2000's) he said he supported assault weapons bans and longer waiting periods. His current position is different (better). People can and do change their minds, but I've not found where he's directly addressed the question as to why or what changed his mind. These concerns knock my trust level down some, but are not disqualifiers and I think he would probably be better than the others (definitely Hitlery).

I have been back and forth between voting Trump and voting nobody. I really appreciate that he takes a position on things and puts his position in writing. This isn't the first time I've seen him do that and I find it refreshing. Most pols won't commit to a position so they can play both sides. This was clear and concise. Kudos, Don.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't vote for Trump your vote will go to Hillary regardless of what you think. Voting for a third party candidate will hurt you this time and with the Democrats looking for an all out ban on guns in general if they get voted in. After seeing what Healey can do in a minutes notice with gun laws you should be very afraid.

I agree that overall the statement is very good and hopeful. I don't trust Trump to be consistent because I suspect that what he says has more to do with securing media coverage and votes than it does with his personal convictions. This is both a positive and a negative for me. It's positive because maybe the ignorance, xenophobia and illegal violence that he ostensibly supports are not things he actually believes himself, and negative because I don't trust that he'll be consistent on supporting gun rights or in appointing judges that will protect the Constitution and the rule of law. Trump may very well be shifty and narcissistic, and he is most certainly an *******, but we have decades of precedent to know exactly what Hillary, who is a dyed-in-the-wool pathological liar and psychopath, will do. Ultimately it was Maura Healey who put me over the edge from a Trump hating third party voter to a Trump hating Trump voter and the DNC corruption (which only confirmed what I already knew) was just the icing on the cake. It's important for the country not to elect a liar, cheater and criminal. We need to make an example out of Hillary and show America and the world that we don't tolerate that shit in this country.

A minor disagreement I have lies in his comments about being hard on drug dealers. Superficially it makes sense because most of the violent crime in this country is drug related. I fear, however, that it reveals a misunderstanding that Trump has about how to truly reduce violence and deal with the practicalities of giving violent offenders the long prison sentences that they deserve. These days you don't see people killing each other over liquor selling territory and inventory but the same thing can't be said about 1930s America. I strongly believe the lesson to be learned is that prohibition kills. It's a difficult thing for some people to wrap their heads around in a time when people are dying in increasing numbers from heroin overdoses and while crystal meth is ruining so many lives but I think ending the drug war will start a chain reaction that will ultimately make a lot of things better. Let's bankrupt the drug cartels, dramatically reduce street violence and free up our prisons for the kind of criminals that have clear victims

no matter how much trump may be favored, the media will always make hillary appear to be the favorite. so there's simply no way to tell. the polls show them "neck and neck" or hillary with slight lead, but the same polls are done by phone and demonstrate that something like 70% of her supporters believe she is corrupt...so will those same idiots actually go to the polls to vote for their corrupt queen? i doubt it.

the media was certain that brexit would fail and never gave trump a shot at becoming the primary. props to NH for supporting trump in the primary because I do believe his win in NH made voters elsewhere in the country comfortable to vote for him. had NH been later in the primary schedule I think cruz would have been stronger.

now that we see Cruz's true colors from the RNC I am certain he is a POS. he took a pledge to support trump and refused to do it. apparently he would rather have hillary win than donald. cruz is garbage. i supported him but not in the future.

trump is respected by his family and actually seems like a solid human being. he is transparent. i am proud to vote for him. i have no reservations and am not ashamed in the least to proclaim it.
I used to be a huge Cruz fan. He lost my respect with that move.

Back
Top Bottom