• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Domino's driver kills attempted robber

Unfortunate as the driver will get hung up for not having a license. No sympathy for the robber though. Got what he deserved. Delivered pizza for Domino's when I was going to college in Southbridge. Not the easiest job in the world and you definitely meet some "interesting" people. You could always tell when the welfare checks arrived as pizza deliveries into the slum area went way up.

Instead of bringing in all the grief counselors, how about just tell the kids to suck it up, this is what happens when you're a thug.

Hopefully in Texas he will get a jury to toss the unlicensed charge. He should get that Profile in Courage award instead of Obama.

Driver should get many other job offers.

[FONT=&amp] "One of the robbers shot a handgun at the driver, who returned fire as they fled, Parrish said"

Framing the argument against the Pizza guy?? (wow I want a gun that shoots handguns!..anyways.....)
Were the robbers shooting OR fleeing? One can do both?

Sounds like they are framing the story like these kids were running away and one got shot in the back.

[/FONT]

"The driver returned fire as they fled".

Key word - "returned".

I'm no expert but it probably is a more defensible case to return fire at a "shooting retreat", assuming that's what happened. The perps are physically moving away from the victim, but continue to be a threat, perhaps? This may be an interesting one to watch.

Key word - "returned".

I'm no expert but it probably is a more defensible case to return fire at a "shooting retreat", assuming that's what happened. The perps are physically moving away from the victim, but continue to be a threat, perhaps? This may be an interesting one to watch.
Bad things happen when someone who does not understand the basics of self defense law gives a statement to police without an attorney present.

Perp chose his fate when he decided to rob someone. He chose poorly and there were consequences.

As for the driver, he should be grateful he is still alive.

Being shot at changes the dynamic for most people about whether they are running toward or away from you and shoot or don't shoot.

It is always better to be judged by twelve rather than carried by six.

Last edited:
Key word - "returned".

Guy probably ran his mouth to the kopsch, which is bad.... but "reasonable person" would think that if you got shot at you would probably shoot back. It's also trivially easy to explain things like an OODA loop- EG, you got shot at, now you're shooting back but oh wait the guy is retreating... it takes a bit for your brain to process things like that. A shitload of bad guys get shot by police and others as they turn to run away- because the defender has already made the mental decision to shoot a second or more before the BG started to turn away..... etc.

-Mike

Unfortunate as the driver will get hung up for not having a license.

He could face a charge of unlawfully carrying a weapon.

It may not be that bad, depending on TX law. Down here that charge is a misdemeanor and will cost you $100. As they like to say here "That ain't shit!". Especially vs the other possible outcomes. No criminal charge, no PP status and it isn't a disqualifyer for getting a CWP. Either way, the 12-6 rule is always my guiding principal.

It may not be that bad, depending on TX law. Down here that charge is a misdemeanor and will cost you $100. As they like to say here "That ain't shit!". Especially vs the other possible outcomes. No criminal charge, no PP status and it isn't a disqualifyer for getting a CWP. Either way, the 12-6 rule is always my guiding principal.

The liberal force is strong up here and sometimes we forget how nice it must be to live in free America....

Bad things happen when someone who does not understand the basics of self defense law gives a statement to police without an attorney present.

My statement is "My name is X. I was working doing pizza delivery. They shot at me. For any other questions, I'll only answer them with my attorney present." Resist the temptation to say anything else. Anything. #massprudence

The liberal force is strong up here and sometimes we forget how nice it must be to live in free America....

I hear ya. It truly is a different world down here. 3.5 yrs later and I'm still adjusting. I'm still surprised from time to time by just how casually everyone treats guns here. One of my first wake up calls was about 2 months after I moved.

My truck was t-boned. Ejecting my tool box and the loaded 92FS that was in it. I told a responding officer that my gun was "somewhere on the road". A few min later he came back over to the truck, I was being looked at by EMS, and said "here's your gun sir.". It didn't really hit me at the time. As I was still very dazed. The truck was spun around 3 times across 2 lanes of traffic until it hit the curb on the other side of the road.

IMG_1154.jpg IMG_1151.jpg

That shiny spot on the back of the wheel is the snapped axle shaft. That thing was like 200 yds away from the accident. lol

When I thought about it later I realized that I still had MA plates and MA driver's license. There were absolutely no ****s given about the gun. The LEO had no problem handing a loaded gun to me, over the shoulder of an EMT treating me, and then just casually walking away to direct traffic. [shocked]

Can you imagine if the reverse happened? Someone with a SC plate tells a MA cop that his gun is "somewhere on the road" I would have been cuffed to my hospital bed. [rolleyes]

I hear ya. It truly is a different world down here. 3.5 yrs later and I'm still adjusting. I'm still surprised from time to time by just how casually everyone treats guns here. One of my first wake up calls was about 2 months after I moved.

My truck was t-boned. Ejecting my tool box and the loaded 92FS that was in it. I told a responding officer that my gun was "somewhere on the road". A few min later he came back over to the truck, I was being looked at by EMS, and said "here's your gun sir.". It didn't really hit me at the time. As I was still very dazed. The truck was spun around 3 times across 2 lanes of traffic until it hit the curb on the other side of the road.

View attachment 197589View attachment 197591

That shiny spot on the back of the wheel is the snapped axle shaft. That thing was like 200 yds away from the accident. lol

When I thought about it later I realized that I still had MA plates and MA driver's license. There were absolutely no ****s given about the gun. The LEO had no problem handing a loaded gun to me, over the shoulder of an EMT treating me, and then just casually walking away to direct traffic. [shocked]

Can you imagine if the reverse happened? Someone with a SC plate tells a MA cop that his gun is "somewhere on the road" I would have been cuffed to my hospital bed. [rolleyes]

Must be nice to not have to constantly worry about some busybody libtard politicos usurping your rights. I gotta get out of MA.

+1

Guy probably ran his mouth to the kopsch, which is bad.... but "reasonable person" would think that if you got shot at you would probably shoot back. It's also trivially easy to explain things like an OODA loop- EG, you got shot at, now you're shooting back but oh wait the guy is retreating... it takes a bit for your brain to process things like that. A shitload of bad guys get shot by police and others as they turn to run away- because the defender has already made the mental decision to shoot a second or more before the BG started to turn away..... etc.

-Mike

+1

"I want to go to the hospital, take me to the hospital"

*lips zipped*

Work at the Wellesley one. We're not even allowed to have boxcutters in the store.

of course...I'm not carrying a boxcutter ;)

Work at the Wellesley one. We're not even allowed to have boxcutters in the store.

So, how were you expected to open deliveries? Gnaw through the strapping and tape? Smear some peanut butter on them and let the rats open it for you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

True, but I think a good lawyer can swing a jury in a case like this. Thankfully it's Texas so it may not get that far.

Ever been shot at? Me neither but I doubt I would be thinking straight and rationally at the moment.

A little off topic, but I also delivered pizza briefly for some shit hole in north Plymouth back in the 90's. What a crap job. It's amazing how many people wouldn't have enough money for their order when I got there.

"Please can't you let me slide? I'm only $1.23 short,"

Sure lady, let me reach into my pocket and pay you $1.23 for the privilege of burning my gas to bring you a pizza. How much should I tip myself?

Last edited:

Notice the box cutters Home Depot or Lowes employees carry - they are the "Safe" ones where you have to actively hold the blade forward to expose it.

Ever been shot at? Me neither but I doubt I would be thinking straight and rationally at the moment.
Not a problem if you think things out in advance. It is easy enough to remember "I do not wish to discuss this without my attorney present". In MA that ends it - there can be no further attempts to get you to talk, no explanation that only the guilty need attorneys, no sending in another officer to ask again, etc. The rules are a bit more relaxed in some other states.

Back
Top Bottom