Texas Domestic Shooting/Teal Shirt Guy/Graphic

I am NOT justifying the shooters actions and I expect to get flamed for this post, but having dealt with my wife's psycho ex for a decade, I actually have some sympathy for the shooter.... Maybe PTSD on my part, not sure... It's just a visceral reaction. Our struggles ended suddenly when her ex died... Of his own stupidity.
I see a lot of history in these type of things. Sympathies and patience for all that that have to go through this sea of toxic shit. First rounds(beverages not ammo) on me.

Wow.
Everyone should read this.
Seems as though, in Texas=Castle Doctrine, no charges, the shooter walks free.
Those of with MA LTC's have been tought: Duty to retreat= In MA the shooter would be cuffed and stuff for murder 1.

Simple fact, if anyone follows this, I bet the shooter claims 'trespassing', prosecutor shows video that proves they could have all just walked into the trailer/mobile home and locked the door. Especially if the mother was withholding the child against court ordered visitation.

As I said, I feel for the shooter, but what he did was a pussy move.
I came here to post:

Imagine an alternate universe where the shooter noped into the house,
grabbed his longarm,
and just sat inside the house (out of sight)
waiting for Teal Guy to come inside.

No obligation to even lock the door.

Oh, as a native Texan, I know better. Everything is bigger and dumber in Texas. Basically Florida with a drawl.
Poor kids didn’t have a single adult to look up to out of the 4 in the damn video. Two hot heads (one an adulterer), and two lackadaisical ladies.
As an aggressor Texas is full of steers and queers. Not many cows around....

This reminds me of a situation I was in back in 2010ish. I was fueding with my neighbors pretty badly for a while. About everything under the sun. 23 year old living next to a couple in their 80s. I posted my property line between our yards to make sure they knew the line and to not cross it. This angered them, and they had their lawyer come pay me a visit.

I was in my driveway with a friend and he came over and was very aggressive and loud, but not threatening. When asked and told to leave about 10 times, I realized he wasn't.
I am convinced his only goal was for me to lay hands on him.

I ended up jumping on my bike and just leaving. My own property. The guy clearly knew what he was doing. Haha.

This reminds me of a situation I was in back in 2010ish. I was fueding with my neighbors pretty badly for a while. About everything under the sun. 23 year old living next to a couple in their 80s. I posted my property line between our yards to make sure they knew the line and to not cross it. This angered them, and they had their lawyer come pay me a visit.

I was in my driveway with a friend and he came over and was very aggressive and loud, but not threatening. When asked and told to leave about 10 times, I realized he wasn't.
I am convinced his only goal was for me to lay hands on him.

I ended up jumping on my bike and just leaving. My own property. The guy clearly knew what he was doing. Haha.
It's like how they coach women getting a divorce to he the victim. (My wife tells me I'm happily married)

It's baiting and it's disgusting

I’ll bet the shooter was caught off guard and flustered by the guy getting in his face and not running at the sight of the gun. When the guy swung him away the shooter (snap) decided he was in the right to shoot and decided to take advantage of the sudden/surprise distance. Would be interesting to see how the alternate “don’t shoot” option in the choose your own adventure would have played out given that the other guy was bigger and clearly not expecting him to actually use the gun.

As in you laid out some sort of line on the ground between your yards? Actual posts?

Better to just leave than give the people looking for trouble what they want.
I spent like $200 on no trespassing signs and stakes and hammered them in every few feet the entire property line.
At the time, I was poor. So I remember the amount of money I spent on those things was absurd compared to my budget.
They had a habit of walking onto my property and moving things they didn't like to see. Like my trash can on the side of the garage. Or walk into my garage and turn the radio off (Saturday at 1pm). I'm a reasonable guy, playing music at a reasonable volume at a reasonable time of day.

Kyle sure seemed like he was itching to shoot Chad.

All this white on white violence, maybe if they had stronger father figures in their lives they wouldn't resort to violence.

Feel bad for the kid. It's not his fault.
Holy crap their names are really Kyle and Chad! You couldnt make a better meme

I spent like $200 on no trespassing signs and stakes and hammered them in every few feet the entire property line.
At the time, I was poor. So I remember the amount of money I spent on those things was absurd compared to my budget.
They had a habit of walking onto my property and moving things they didn't like to see. Like my trash can on the side of the garage. Or walk into my garage and turn the radio off (Saturday at 1pm). I'm a reasonable guy, playing music at a reasonable volume at a reasonable time of day.

I thought the signs were a little over the top and then I read the rest of your post. Holy hell.

It's like how they coach women getting a divorce to he the victim. (My wife tells me I'm happily married)

It's baiting and it's disgusting
Yeah, that's true. I don't disagree.

On the other hand, Holyoke PD watched through the window as my wife's ex dragged her across the room by her hair, after he ripped the phone out of the wall when she called 911.

Sometimes they really are victims.

Actually, this whole thread has taken me back to really dark times.

I certainly hope not. He put a good deal of distance between him and the dead fella, who didn’t advance. This looked like calculated murder. Ex-wife doesn’t have kid ready at court ordered time, verbal argument ensues, shooter goes and gets his PCC because he’s a pussy and kills him. His and his mistresses reactions don’t seem logical.

Sure I hope not too but the sanest reaction would be go inside, lock door, call police, tell teal shirt go home I'm armed and will shoot and that police are coming - if guy tries coming in, sure a home invasion at that point - fire away. There really was no good reason to be outside carrying on, no good reason to head outside with the rifle. The shooter did nearly everything possible to escalate the situation - plus he was dealing with an unarmed man and went right for a carbine (shooter is a pussy).

Sure all self defense requirements probably met especially with a castle law but people have done ALOT more to avoid confrontation, ALOT less to fan flames, without actually killing someone and still got arrested.

I did all of the above, except for the Ruger.
Met my (step) kids once before they moved in with me.

It's never been easy but I don't ever regret the decisions I made.

My wife quotes Michonne... "We're the ones who live."

16 years and counting.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but he was also using his own home, and possibly whoever was inside, as the potential backstop. Maybe he knew where people were inside, first video seems to indicate they were close to line of fire.

Again, NOT trying to justify shooters actions, but multiple people have called the shooter a "pussy."

Why is he a pussy?

I find him more irrationally enraged.

Have definitely felt that myself.

Suspect that those moments have shortened my life. That kind of stress has long lasting effects.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but he was also using his own home, and possibly whoever was inside, as the potential backstop. Maybe he knew where people were inside, first video seems to indicate they were close to line of fire.
From the video from the inside of the home, from the widow, you can see a bullet went through the window

I'm ony here for the post-shooting tactical analysis. I could care less about a bunch of randos I don't know.
Ok.
I'm wondering about where he got hit... He seemed to never move after going down.
Please believe me, people shot through the left ventricle or aorta can move, even run for a short (? 30 seconds) period of time before the body understands it's dead and shuts the brain down.
Was there a head shot I missed? High spinal cord transection?

Again, NOT trying to justify shooters actions, but multiple people have called the shooter a "pussy."

Why is he a pussy?

Suspect that those moments have shortened my life. That kind of stress has long lasting effects.

For me as long as I'm able bodied which the shooter seems to be, an unarmed normal sized dude who is alone, not reaching for a gun. If I'm irrationally enraged I would be happier to fight than shoot anyway.

Why is he a pussy?

Irish65

No further explanation needed. [laugh] [smile] 🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪

Back
Top Bottom