Dollar General; Clerk shoots robber; family upset...

allen-1

NES Member
"He’s got some responsibility, but not all. Right and wrong is wrong, that was wrong for that clerk to shoot my brother in the chest. Yes, he’s robbing them. Oh, well! Call the police, that’s what you’re supposed to do. You’re not supposed to take matters into your own hands."

He was a good boy... a very good boy. [thinking]

Just once I want to see the dead robbers family say, yeah, he was a real POS.

My brother was supposed to be the only one with a gun!

Why did that Clerk have a Gun, it is a Gun Free Zone!! It is not fair, he can't have a gun!! He should have called Mayor Pete!!

In MA that clerk would already be facing a civil suit and criminal charges. Great job by him though.

Who knows if he was just going to rob the place and walk out or if he was going to shoot the clerk anyways.
If you point guns at people that’s a chance your taking getting shot.
Here is the kicker perp was known to police. And out on a weapons charge

What I think a few folks forget (or never knew), if you point a lethal weapon at someone and tell them to hand over the money, that is legally a threat to inflict upon the victim death or serious bodily injury. Assuming for a moment flight by the victim is not a realistic alternative, one subjected to such a threat has the legal right to employ deadly defensive force in every state in the country.

There seems to be a view that a robbery victim is legally obliged to accede to the robber's demands. That is not so.

Assertions on the order of "Well the robber got what he deserved" are not helpful. The victim subject to a death threat doesn't use defensive force in order to punish the robber for the robber's anti-social behavior. Deadly defensive force is acceptable, and should be acceptable, only where the aggressor causes the victim reasonably to believe that such is the only way to keep breathing.

Last edited:
Against Dollar General policy. They will have to pay something to settle a lawsuit with the family. And that's disgusting.
The store already tells employees guns are not allowed. What else should they do, hire someone to pat them down as they walk in to work?

The guy was sticking up a "dollar" store....I suppose the busy lemonade stand on the corner had already packed it in on a school night ;-)

Life is precious...and loss of any life is tragic...sorry, can't keep a straight face...BAHAHAHAWAWAWHAHAHA !!!!

What I think a few folks forget (or never knew), if you point a lethal weapon at someone and tell them to hand over the money, that is legally a threat to inflict upon the victim death or serious bodily injury. Assuming for a moment flight by the victim is not a realistic alternative, one subjected to such a threat has the legal right to employ deadly defensive force in every state in the country.

There seems to be a view that a robbery victim is legally obliged to accede to the robber's demands. That is not so.

Assertions on the order of "Well the robber got what he deserved" are not helpful. The victim subject to a death threat doesn't use defensive force in order to punish the robber for the robber's anti-social behavior. Deadly defensive force is acceptable, and should be acceptable, only where the aggressor causes the victim reasonably to believe that such is the only way to keep breathing.
To bad we cant use the more simple method police use.
"I felt " "I thought" threatened,had weapon ectect.

On of the rules of firearms is never point a gun at something you do not intend to kill or destroy .

On of the rules of firearms is never point a gun at something you do not intend to kill or destroy .
Was thinking the same thing as I scrolled down "Only point a gun at something you intend to shoot"

Guess it would have been too hard for the ones that spawned him to teach him not to be a shitbag .
You can see where he got his values from.

I’m glad It’s been memorialized because that crucial clip is being cut out of the story. I’m not the most fluent in speaking ratchatouille, but that hoodrat sister actually threatens the clerk on camera. The news guys probably cut it as she was severely incriminating herself. Take another listen at about 15 seconds before the end of the video clip.

The store already tells employees guns are not allowed. What else should they do, hire someone to pat them down as they walk in to work?
Lots of stores search employees on the way out. Apple does (an employee owned iPhone had better have the restricted distribution employee sticker on it) and employees get a cursory search on the way out. I saw an employee ending her shift at CVS while I was in line and she approached her manager for a purse check before she left. And then, of course, S&W and Amazon. So yes, businesses already search their employees.

The guy was sticking up a "dollar" store....I suppose the busy lemonade stand on the corner had already packed it in on a school night ;-)

Life is precious...and loss of any life is tragic...sorry, can't keep a straight face...BAHAHAHAWAWAWHAHAHA !!!!
Kind of a misnomer on their part. Dollar Generals arent actually "dollar" stores.

As for the dindu, eff him. Dont point guns at people and your odds of ending up in a box go way down.

“I have no idea what their store policies are,” said Sgt. Thomas Schloss.

don't care about the policy.

Back
Top Bottom