DOJ, Second Amendment Foundation Reach Settlement In Defense Distributed Lawsuit

"iTunes of downloadable guns" ..... great line in the press conference

What this world needs is common sense iTunes control.

When my PC kept hassling me about iTunes
because I installed QuickTime to play the vapid .MOVs
that people forward to me
(people who by definition can't comprehend sending a URL instead of a 20MB attachment,
and .MOVs which by definition are vapid because they're forwarded by those people)
I installed VLC and uninstalled QuickTime.

solid plastic "guns" are not guns, they can't discharge shot, liberator can. Solid liberator that can't shoot isn't a gun.

Make up a batch of solids with receivers, grips, barrels, and triggers in contrasting colors, a la

18s3pu0yolp65jpg.jpg

Decorate a tree in Winthrop Sq. with them for the holidays.

A tree visible from Marsha's front window.

United States Constitution, Amendment XIV

Section 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

So how about this thing where "only for LEO" law. Can the legal types here answer that?

United States Constitution, Amendment XIV

Section 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

So how about this thing where "only for LEO" law. Can the legal types here answer that?

peasants are not people

Silly question: Wasn't there a window of time where these were legal to download? What then, "give back" the files?

this is why shittube taking down tutorial posts is 100x more damaging.
Someone needs to start duplicating that stuff, too.

lol, bravo!
I wish I could take credit for thinking up that domain, but that was all FPC.

Silly question: Wasn't there a window of time where these were legal to download? What then, "give back" the files?
Someone needs to start duplicating that stuff, too.
The files are, and always have been legal to download and possess. They're still freely available on the internet (just see my prior post). It's only Defense Distributed who has been enjoined from making them available online. However DD is more than happy to mail you a USB drive with the files.

I wish I could take credit for thinking up that domain, but that was all FPC.

The files are, and always have been legal to download and possess. They're still freely available on the internet (just see my prior post). It's only Defense Distributed who has been enjoined from making them available online. However DD is more than happy to mail you a USB drive with the files.

... unless you live in MAss

The Maura Tyrant should have let sleeping dogs lie.
Instead she has stoked up infinitely more interest in 3D printing of guns.

If it was not for the government trying to stop DD from releasing these plans, nobody would give a rats ass about the Liberator.

If I were Cody Wilson, I'd release plans to make a working gun out of conventional materials that can be purchased at a hardware store.

Maybe create a tool kit made up of decent drill for cutting and other tools to fabricate such a gun.

A real metal gun would be a better vessel to expose how stupid gun laws are and the user would be able to get more than one shot out of it.

How about a DIY metal stamping kit to make a newer version of the original Liberator from WW2?

By sticking with making a mockery of the US Government regarding "code", Cody is not really allowing people to create workable guns.

If I were Cody Wilson, I'd release plans to make a working gun out of conventional materials that can be purchased at a hardware store.
If you were Cody Wilson you would know that already has been done.
Maybe create a tool kit made up of decent drill for cutting and other tools to fabricate such a gun.
Like the Ghost Gunner?
By sticking with making a mockery of the US Government regarding "code", Cody is not really allowing people to create workable guns.
Cody Wilson is not in the position to allow or disallow the creation of working guns. People are already allowed to create working guns. Nobody ever needed Cody Wilson for that. Regarding 3D-printer files for fabricating firearms, there are plenty of other organizations out there who provide them.

If you were Cody Wilson you would know that already has been done.

Like the Ghost Gunner?

Cody Wilson is not in the position to allow or disallow the creation of working guns. People are already allowed to create working guns. Nobody ever needed Cody Wilson for that. Regarding 3D-printer files for fabricating firearms, there are plenty of other organizations out there who provide them.

I was unaware that Cody had plans for "hardware store guns". (as I call them)

Of course I know he has the Ghost Gunner, but I'm thinking of a toolbox of sorts with tools that could make "hardware store gun".

I guess I need to read up on DD more.

Cody really is a visionary. Just about everything he has done so far in his fight has turned out in his favor. Whenever he it put 2 steps back, he ends up taking 3 steps forward.

The Maura Tyrant should have let sleeping dogs lie.
Instead she has stoked up infinitely more interest in 3D printing of guns.

If it was not for the government trying to stop DD from releasing these plans, nobody would give a rats ass about the Liberator.

A real metal gun would be a better vessel to expose how stupid gun laws are and the user would be able to get more than one shot out of it.

How about a DIY metal stamping kit to make a newer version of the original Liberator from WW2?

It's not really about guns for this dude.

If you want a gun with no numbers there a hundred different ways to go about it with out a 3d printer, and they will actually function, probably even be reliable.

Call the company "Liberator Tool and Die".

He doesn't. It already has been done by someone else.
Stens are pretty much sheet metal and plumbing pipe with some springs thrown in. Those plans are all over the internet, library books, the patent office, etc.

I have plans for a .22lr or homemade low pressure ammo revolver which can be made with basic hand tools or a Dremel w/accessories which I'd post here if weren't for the nuisance lawsuit NES could face from Obergruppenführer Healey.

"Because 9/11".

"That doesn't comfort people."

"The state has a fear that untraceable guns will likely increase the threat of gun violence they and their people experience."

"First Amendment rights are dwarfed by the likely harms."

"Interest in maintaining the status quo."

Yep, rock solid decision back up with facts, logic and law.

I’m sure someone’s going to come up with the “hardware store” version of gunmaking website. That’ll really blow the britches of all these AGs.

Back
Top Bottom