• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

DOJ, Second Amendment Foundation Reach Settlement In Defense Distributed Lawsuit

You can now get the files again. All you have to do is buy them and they are sent to you via a USB flash drive. [rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

upload_2018-8-28_12-55-3.png

Cody Wilson to the government:

giphy.gif

Article on the above:

In what Cody Wilson describes as a national plan of action, the Defense Distributed founder and self-described crypto-anarchist claimed in a press conference today that the judge’s order preventing him from uploading his 3D files only prevents their free distribution. In order to get around that restriction and remain in compliance with the judge’s order, he’ll now be selling the files, either electronically (on DD thumb drives) or in printed form.

That presumably means he won’t be shipping them outside the US, which means he won’t run afoul of any potential claimed ITAR-type implications by the attorneys general who are suing him.
BREAKING: Cody Wilson Announces He's Now Selling His 3D Files - The Truth About Guns

Truth.

Again; you can make a gun at a hardware store, and the courts have already ruled that code = speech.

How is this even a question anymore?

tyrants want to find a scary word for sheep to keep them docile, it's all how it's worded. We all know that there is nothing but tyranny at stake.

Hey Mora, look at this shit, I'm totally viewing it in MA ... oh horror, horror!

gun.png

they won't ship to MA, try it.

this is actually Mora without make up, talking about MA:

giphy.gif

MA has no power. As you already demonstrated, a VPN easily bypasses the geolocation blocking enabled by DD. The Opera browser has one built into it.

MA has no power. As you already demonstrated, a VPN easily bypasses the geolocation blocking enabled by DD. The Opera browser has one built into it.

well, they do, buying is for them to ship DD USB stick. They would NOT ship to MA. So they ARE scared of Mora.

of course, I can and has downloaded this shit from several locations already, but it would be cool to buy DD stick and have it shipped here.

I just heard this torrent of numbers on the radio.

Following is message for our friends behind the blue wall.

John has a long mustache.

John has a long mustache.

seven six five dee eight four six five one six five eight three seven two eff eight eee seven two one eight one dee seven zero aaa zero four eight cee nine dee three five cee nine bee cee cee

I'm actually wondering if I should buy a 3D printer just to prove I can do it. If I bought that cheap one at Staples, would that at least result in something that resembles the Liberator? If it will explode on first use, that is okay... I only want to do it to scare liberals, so it only needs to exist, doesn't really need to be safe to fire.

well, they do, buying is for them to ship DD USB stick. They would NOT ship to MA. So they ARE scared of Mora.

of course, I can and has downloaded this shit from several locations already, but it would be cool to buy DD stick and have it shipped here.

Not really, the only reason he is shipping USB sticks is because he has them on hand since the infrastructure to email the files or provide a secure link to download (both explicitly allowed in the order) is not in place.

HERE IS A QUESTION...

What if you print a "gun" that just looks like the Liberator but has no internal workings.

It could be a solid hunk of plastic in the same exact shape as the Liberator.

IS THAT ILLEGAL???

There are currently "solid" guns out there which are used for training.

They are 100% plastic and could be considered "undetectable".

Are those illegal now?

Not really, the only reason he is shipping USB sticks is because he has them on hand since the infrastructure to email the files or provide a secure link to download (both explicitly allowed in the order) is not in place.

I thought DD has been selling them like that for years? The Ghost Gunner certainly comes with plans.

Or is this just the library being sold separately now?

If you want the files then consider using a torrent client and downloading them. Just make sure you are using a VPN to protect your information and location. Just my 2 cents.

HERE IS A QUESTION...

What if you print a "gun" that just looks like the Liberator but has no internal workings.

It could be a solid hunk of plastic in the same exact shape as the Liberator.

IS THAT ILLEGAL???

There are currently "solid" guns out there which are used for training.

They are 100% plastic and could be considered "undetectable".

Are those illegal now?

solid plastic "guns" are not guns, they can't discharge shot, liberator can. Solid liberator that can't shoot isn't a gun.

"iTunes of downloadable guns" ..... great line in the press conference

LOL. Who uses iTunes? Next from them will be a Napster reference. Actually I am kind of impressed they even knew what iTunes was.... It is a step up from thinking the internet is a series of pipes.

The BATFE could declare a Liberator receiver to be a firearm under federal law, even if there are no internal workings.

The BATFE could declare a Liberator receiver to be a firearm under federal law, even if there are no internal workings.

I think the question was more along the lines of a "blue gun". A solid plastic object whose outside is shaped like a gun.

NOT a Liberator receiver lacking internal parts.

Back
Top Bottom