• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

DOJ, Second Amendment Foundation Reach Settlement In Defense Distributed Lawsuit

Download files here... User Account

I have no idea how to use them, and I don't even own a 3D printer, but what the hell, I downloaded a few anyways. [banana]

Sigh. Just open the download, choose "print", and a super killy fully automatic assault weapon appears a few minutes later, fully loaded and ready to fire. Hasn't anyone been listening to Maura or the fake Indian or the sheep sex guy?

Well, if it is "emergency" legislation, we need to get the "Katrina language" back in it, pronto.

You came with this same nonsense in the ERPO thread, lets make this very clear. OUR SIDE HAS NO SAY OR PULL IN THESE BILLS! GOAL does not have the kind of membership that would scare any politician, or the monetary backing to make an difference. They do a lot of work behind the scenes, and I'm sure do some good holding things back but something like this we are screwed. The media isn't on our side, will not give our side unbiased time to talk, and will go out of their way to misquote, cut, selectively edit, or straight out lie about whatever someone on our side says.

Getting the AP on this will only end with bad info getting a bigger throw, their "Reporters" giving the AG's position as the default correct one and either screwing up, or simply making up, any rebuttal. I don't know where you get this idea that some magical unbiased media is going to save us, on top of the fact that such a thing doesn't exist, the pols here don't give a crap about it. They don't care about gun owner votes, and the few reps "On our side" will all of a sudden decide they can't die on this hill because it would lose them votes when their opponents call them "Soft on crime" and they have no chance to change it anyway.

Then we need better PR people. If I were them, I'd hand them the press release personally, with whatever reps we have on our side standing with me. What ever happened to the guy with the long hair who was running the rally in one of the Brookfields on that freezing cold Winter's day? We need him again!

1. North Brookfield rally
  2. North Brookfield Rally - Who's going?
  3. North Brookfield Freedom Rally feat speakers from GOAL (01/27/13)

Anybody remember HKDrummer, and "IT'S TIME 2A!"?

It's Time 2A Call To Action

Last edited:
How is PR going to help exactly? When the media is in the pockets of the other side, your press release means literally nothing. The only people who see it are those who agree with you, through media outlets on your side. CNN is never going to take your "Hand delivered" release and then put it on the news without spin, if at all. They will either make you look like a moron by twisting the hell out of your words, or they will ignore it totally if it is ironclad and they can't turn it against you.

How is PR going to help exactly? When the media is in the pockets of the other side, your press release means literally nothing. The only people who see it are those who agree with you, through media outlets on your side. CNN is never going to take your "Hand delivered" release and then put it on the news without spin, if at all. They will either make you look like a moron by twisting the hell out of your words, or they will ignore it totally if it is ironclad and they can't turn it against you.
THAT'S the old spirit! Thanks Larry Naysayer.

man, we're gonna have to build an arc for the flood of tears when these poor bastards figure out what the fosscad ishikawa mega pack is...

There will be collateral damage:

1. Linsky will finally get a gun bill of his passed.
2. Finishing 80% lowers will be a thing of the past
3. Owners of existing homemade guns may be required to serialize them

THAT'S the old spirit! Thanks Larry Naysayer.

Hey, complain all you like but I live here in reality where your plan is useless. I would love to live in a place where my vote counts, or my voice matters at all to any elected official, but this is Massachusetts. I'm afraid that rob is right, and that this is going to be the push they needed to kill 80% anything in state and god knows what else when linsky starts shooting for the moon.

You know the left is terrified that their disarmament schemes are about to go poof by the full retard into the plaid pant shitting frenzy they are in over Cody Wilson.

VnARgSz.gif

You know the left is terrified that their disarmament schemes are about to go poof by the full retard into the plaid pant shitting frenzy they are in over Cody Wilson.
80% lowers and printed AR lowers are a far greater threat to the government control of civilian armaments than a single shot low quality bulky plastic gun.

Or to translate their fears into the vernacular:

Wait, you mean our domestic enemies
will be able to make their own guns
the same way that we steal music off of the Intarwebs?​

Just go to the pirate Bay and type in "defdist". Really easy. Unfortunately, that is all that is easy. I have no idea where to get access to a 3D printer and the correct kind of plastic that won't explode on the first use, or what to do with the printer . And, I consider myself very geeky.... I should be able to figure this out. But it is effing hard. I could much more readily just make a zip gun from Home Depot stuff, and the end result would be better.

I <might> know "someone" with a Selective Laser Sintering machine....as well as "someone" who can do .01mm ceramic 3D printing......so that porcelain Glock 7 may be a real deal someday.

Now to talk work into buying me the machines.....

Yep. There was that mayor in CT that was convicted of corruption committed while mayor, went to prison, and when he got out ran again was elected again.

Joe Ganim - Wikipedia

So not really just low standards, but no standards.
Let's not forget Marion Berry

Marion Barry - Wikipedia

Or his disciple, Rob Ford

Rob Ford - Wikipedia

Crooked Convicted Politicians, and those who are caught red-handed, seem to be able to get power, or at least stay in power, pretty easily.

There will be collateral damage:

1. Linsky will finally get a gun bill of his passed.
2. Finishing 80% lowers will be a thing of the past
3. Owners of existing homemade guns may be required to serialize them

1, ok, maybe.

2, but I finished 80 or 90 lowers BEFORE the ban.

3, no. I have at least a dozen antique guns that would lose value if they were defaced with a serial number. Serialize "homemade" firearms completed from that point on, I could see that happening. Or at least an attempt.

ut I finished 80 or 90 lowers BEFORE the ban.
I assume you eFA10ed them with serial number "none".

Do not be surprised if the next law requires all non-serialized legal guns to be serialized and registered. Remember, gun control is about control, not guns.

I assume you eFA10ed them with serial number "none".

Do not be surprised if the next law requires all non-serialized legal guns to be serialized and registered. Remember, gun control is about control, not guns.

Newly created, maybe. Not existing guns that have no serial.

As for efa10, I can't I don't have a computer or even have access to one. I can't even use the computer at the library because I can't read and therefor can't fill in the application for a library card so they won't let me use theirs. I'm not entirely sure how I'm even posting here. Some kind of magic.

All I can say is, should such a law come to pass, the compliance stats with the bump stocks should look stellar by comparison. Both bump stocks that existed in MA were turned in, right?

With the close coordination of the narrative by the casting couch media and the DNC I strongly suspect Pimp Daddy Bloomberg is using his hand and wallet to pump up the hysteria machine.

Bloomberg is Looking for Fault Lines | Shall Not Be Questioned
Bloomberg is Looking for Fault Lines
I suspect that the true goal of all the bump stock and 3D printing hysteria is to limit home gun smithing and make working on your own firearms a legally risky maneuver. Well, I should say, more legally risky than it already is. You can also reach AR-15s this way without going for a full on ban because the fact that it’s highly customizable. Eliminate the ability to customize without going to a licensed pro and you might not have your ban, but you’ll push the more dedicated owners out of the hobby. Once you start cutting numbers, then the ban is more politically feasible. Where the gun control movement has managed to find success over the years is by finding an exploiting fault lines among gun owners.

At the risk of sounding conspiratorial, I don’t think the bump stock bans that also happened to greatly increase the legal hazard of doing ordinary customizations on a semi-automatic firearm were an accident. If they just wanted a bump stock ban, a bit of a wording change to make the language more precise, and they’d have won without much fight. But they keep pushing the same language in state after state.

Then this 3D printing bullshit blows up into a huge thing. If it were the Brady Campaign, I might just see it as something they view as good fundraising, and dismiss any strategic thought being behind it. But Bloomberg didn’t end up a billionaire by being a fool or an idiot, and Everytown doesn’t really have to worry about fundraising as long as Bloomberg is writing checks. So I’m more inclined to think there’s a plan.

If I’m right, it’s a smart one, and unfortunately has a chance of working. Trying to ban sharing CAD files on the Internet is a fool’s errand, but it’s framing the debate in the public in terms that aren’t immediately favorable to us. My worry is Cody Wilson is picking a huge fight on ground I’m not sure is defensible. Most people, including most gun owners, don’t know shit about what dedicated hobbyists are doing with their guns. They know even less about 3D printing or CNC machining. Ground where ignorance rules is fertile ground for people willing to win by waging disinformation campaigns.

While I argue there are topics in the gun issue that are better off flying under the radar, anything that does that is ripe for exploiting by people looking to scaremonger. The antidote to that is familiarity. Defending home gun smithing will actually be easier when every kid has a 3D printer and CNC machining can be done by anyone without having to know much about machining. The more people tinker, even if they aren’t tinkering with guns, the safer every tinkerer is as long as they don’t throw each other the bus. But are we there yet? That’s what I’m not sure about. The question in my mind is whether Cody Wilson is out too far ahead and inviting a counterattack we can’t defend against, or I’m just too cautious. I’m open to either being true, or both.

8/24 is the next hearing, per the Washington AG.

View: https://twitter.com/AGOWA/status/1025174841492533249

Amended complaint:
https://agportal-s3bucket.s3.amazon...ther/News/Press_Releases/AmendedComplaint.pdf
I. INTRODUCTION
1. This case addresses the threat that downloadable guns,...
I would like to see that.
...in the form of Computer Aided Design (CAD) files for the automated production of firearms using a 3-D printer
1, will imminently be released on the internet, making these weapons available to virtually anyone. 3-D
printed guns are functional weapons that are often unrecognizable by standard metal detectors
because they are made out of materials other than metal (e.g., plastic) and untraceable because
they contain no serial numbers. Anyone with access to the CAD files and a commercially
available 3-D printer could readily manufacture, possess, or sell such a weapon—even those
persons statutorily ineligible to possess firearms, including violent felons, the mentally ill and
persons subject to protection and no-contact orders. This serious threat to the national security
and to public safety in the State of Washington was caused by the Federal Government’s covert
and ultra vires regulatory about-face, in violation of the Administrative Procedure Act (APA)
and the Tenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.Until recently, the Federal Government
prohibited the distribution of CAD files for the automated production of 3-D printed weapons
by including such files on the United States Munitions List (USML) and making them subject to
the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), which are administered by the Directorate
of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) within the Department of State. As recently as April of this
year, the Government’s position was that if such CAD files were distributed via the internet, they
could be “easily used overseas to make firearms that are subject to U.S. export controls”, where,
“beyond the reach of U.S. law, they could be used to threaten U.S. national security, U.S. foreign
policy interests, or international peace and stability.”
11. The Government Defendants’ unlawful actions—if allowed to stand—will lead
to the proliferation of untraceable printed guns overseas and within the United States.
Domestically, the proliferation of these guns also threatens to cripple the various States’
extensive and comprehensive systems of firearms regulations designed to keep guns out of the
wrong hands.

Back
Top Bottom