Does your spouse know how many guns you own?

Does your spouse know how many guns you own?

• Yes.

Votes: 121 29.6%
  • No.

Votes: 233 57.0%
  • Of course; some of them belong to him/her!

Votes: 50 12.2%
  • We have his & hers - I don't know about his/hers, s/he doesn't know about mine.

Votes: 5 1.2%

• Total voters
Up till a few years ago I did not realize my wife even knew I had firearms
until she needed to remove some valuables from her mothers house
and ask me to come with her and said she would feel better if I was armed
and I said joking which one she laugh and I showed her all of them
not a word was ever said

Up till a few years ago I did not realize my wife even knew I had firearms
until she needed to remove some valuables from her mothers house
and ask me to come with her and said she would feel better if I was armed
and I said joking which one she laugh and I showed her all of them
not a word was ever said
sounds like you may already know this, but she is a keeper

My wife sort of knows how many guns we have. It's not a secret, it's just hard to keep track of. I have a gun trust that explicitly lists them out, without it, I'd be hard pressed some days to enumerate them all.

She's got access to the safes, to the gun lockers and has her own firearms.

I get it, you're a card carrying member of "going your own way". Broccoli's got a girlfriend and appears to be comfortable in his relationship. It's his lifestyle choice, just as yours is.

I've got friends who have different lifestyles, of different backgrounds, different faiths, different ethnicities. People who hammer on about their way being the only way are people I don't hang out with because it's tedious.
b6459864891f93e201eb300894a66548 (1).jpg

She probably had an idea, but saw the contents of the safe one day while I had it open. She asked " how many guns DO you have!?" my reply..."they were all on sale!" I never did give an exact amount. She could care less anyway.

The problem there is that you never know what you have until things get tough.
My Shootin' Buddy let me move in when I filed for divorce. 6 months later, we moved to Vermont. Two and a half weeks later, two days after my divorce was final, I proposed to my Shootin' Buddy. The last 8 years haven't been easy, but we just celebrated our 7th anniversary. :)

Had a wife once. Liked my horses and dogs better and they treated me better. X knows nothing about my guns. Girlfriend knows I have some. She doesn't ask about them and I don't ask about her pricy shopping habbit. Works well.

The gun thing is a lot like the prepper thing…eye rolls, sighs, and the occasional complaint about how much room it takes up..but a few key events in the past 25 years have led to the realization that they both give a little sense of security when things become unsettled…Y2K, 9/11, Covid, riots, etc…and in the end she comes around. Plus the kids joke endlessly about the family being able to invade Canada singlehandedly if we were so inclined..

My wife sort of knows how many guns we have. It's not a secret, it's just hard to keep track of. I have a gun trust that explicitly lists them out, without it, I'd be hard pressed some days to enumerate them all.

She's got access to the safes, to the gun lockers and has her own firearms.
That is a very wise approach. Everything documented like that. We own two BassPro 10 gun safes. One is in our Florida vacation home (a townhome) and the other here in MA (also a townhome). We own 3 small-caliber bolt action rifles. 3 Remington 870 12 gauge shotguns, a Glock 19 and a Glock 26. We stock .22LR and .223 for the rifles, 12 gauge for the shotguns and 9mm for the handguns. One of the .22 rifles and one of the 870s stay in Florida. The rest are here in MA. Not much to keep track of and we own them all jointly, just like the rest of our property. There are no "his" and "hers" in our marriage.

We have his and hers in our marriage… what’s mine is hers and what’s hers is hers. Seriously though, I married a wonderful woman, everyone should be so lucky..
Me too. Some things in life cannot be measured in $$$. My life is not perfect. I am certainly not perfect. But I am truly grateful for what I have.

I'm no longer married ... my divorce from "Satan" was finalized on Feb 1, 2017 ... but that's a tale for a different time.

My "much better than me" better half knows I have "some" weapons, but doesn't know how many or what type. She knows some are pistols and some are rifles ... but that's about where it stops.

If I want to buy something new, I simply say something like ... "Dahling oh sweetness ... I'm buying a new super-duper-extra-super-killy-300-round-per-second-instrument-of-death-and-destruction guaranteed to make a progressive liberal lefty looney Karen (much overlap) have an apopletic fit .. it will be coming home with me on such-and-such a date" ...

I'm no longer married ... my divorce from "Satan" was finalized on Feb 1, 2017 ... but that's a tale for a different time.

My "much better than me" better half knows I have "some" weapons, but doesn't know how many or what type. She knows some are pistols and some are rifles ... but that's about where it stops.

If I want to buy something new, I simply say something like ... "Dahling oh sweetness ... I'm buying a new super-duper-extra-super-killy-300-round-per-second-instrument-of-death-and-destruction guaranteed to make a progressive liberal lefty looney Karen (much overlap) have an apopletic fit .. it will be coming home with me on such-and-such a date" ...
Sounds like you were married to my ex's twin, or at least her soul-sister.

Only part of that third paragraph that would be different in my house with Lady Radtekk is that she would say: "Only one? Not getting one for yourself also?"

Hell, she still regrets me not getting in on the cannon group buy a while back...

Last edited:
No, but only because things move in and out of the house to and from my shop so much that she doesn't know what's new or mine.

That being said she doesn't even remotely care because all the bills are paid and guns paid for her last vacation.

Back
Top Bottom