• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Does your spouse know how many guns you own?

Does your spouse know how many guns you own?

• Yes.

Votes: 121 29.6%
  • No.

Votes: 233 57.0%
  • Of course; some of them belong to him/her!

Votes: 50 12.2%
  • We have his & hers - I don't know about his/hers, s/he doesn't know about mine.

Votes: 5 1.2%

• Total voters
I just let her know. If it's a big purchase, I'll ask her opinion, not permission. (last time I asked was when I found one of my grail guns at a gun show while I was checking out the other dealer tables. Her reply text was "Go for it!" Still have that little Colt 1903.) OTOH, when big outlays aren't a concern, I just tell her, just so she knows what's going on.
I respect that, my situation is different since I’m not married and got no kids.

By what definition? State or federal? If federal, do stripped lowers count?

Regardless, if she asked I would complain about having to unload the ordnance locker and count them.

I’d say she has a rough idea, if she asked I’d tell her an exact number, she doesn’t care too much and I only have around 2 dozen total anyway. I don’t “collect” anything, if I’m not going to use it whatever it is I don’t buy it.

I have multiples of my high use guns and I have enough components to probably add another 3-4 serviceable rifles too that tally but I don’t have a desire to get more just for the sake of having more.

Mine yelled at me the other day because I have a couple of rifles and a shotgun I haven't shot in a while.

She asked why do I have them if I dont shoot them.

I told her she was right and went to the range.

She hates guns, but doesn't care how many I own, just wants to make sure I shoot what I own. LOL.

How else would she be able to clean them if she didn't know they exist?

I kid, I kid some people don't need to know how many guns you have like the Doctor, the Government the neighbors, you guys. Matter of fact I own no guns I just enjoy pretending, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Mine yelled at me the other day because I have a couple of rifles and a shotgun I haven't shot in a while.

She asked why do I have them if I dont shoot them.

I told her she was right and went to the range.

She hates guns, but doesn't care how many I own, just wants to make sure I shoot what I own. LOL.
Just ask her "why do you have so many shoes if you don't wear them?"

I said no because she doesn't really care about things like this. She knows I have a quite few but if asked what I have, she wouldn't know though for Mother's Day, I bought her a Ruger Wrangler which she loves. I hope to get her out shooting it in a couple of weeks.

And yet they can question our guns and we don't take it as an attack.
Are you seeing the double standard here?
I never take it as an attack when a woman tells me I should shoot all my guns.

And I dont try to turn it into a fight or find the negative side, I am simply happy she doesn't care I own guns and doesnt claim when I buy new ones.

There are certain things that don't require giving a f*ck about. This is one of those.

I never take it as an attack when a woman tells me I should shoot all my guns.

And I dont try to turn it into a fight or find the negative side, I am simply happy she doesn't care I own guns and doesnt claim when I buy new ones.

There are certain things that don't require giving a f*ck about. This is one of those.
So, she can ask you about your stuff and it's all good but as soon as you ask her about her stuff it's you trying to start a fight? She "yelled" at you because you had guns she thought you didn't shoot enough? How old are you? 12?
That's just not right.

So, she can ask you about your stuff and it's all good but as soon as you ask her about her stuff it's you trying to start a fight? She "yelled" at you because you had guns she thought you didn't shoot enough? How old are you? 12?
That's just not right.
Enough bro. She didn't yell in anger.

Without doing an actual inventory, she could probably estimate it as well or better than I could. And she shoots better, so I've got that going for me.

My wife does not know exactly how many guns I have but she knows how many safes I have so she does know that I have several LOL. She does not have much interest in shooting but her family is from Maine and her father and uncles always had plenty of guns so she thinks it's normal to have a decent supply of various guns on hand. To her it's like having saws and wrenches. When I get home from the range or hunting she always asks, "How did the shooting go?" It's all good.

She knows there are various guns in the safe and the whereabouts of most of the rest of them around the house.
I might have to refresh her memory soon as everything remaining after the next few months will belong to her and be solely her responsibility. For instance, she hid/covered her Benelli HD shotty and has likely forgotten it’s five feet away. Lol

No secrets in our house, not even gun secrets. She’s a keeper. If one of ya’ll catches her, take good care of her for me. 😉

[angry]

That's just not right.

I get it, you're a card carrying member of "going your own way". Broccoli's got a girlfriend and appears to be comfortable in his relationship. It's his lifestyle choice, just as yours is.

I've got friends who have different lifestyles, of different backgrounds, different faiths, different ethnicities. People who hammer on about their way being the only way are people I don't hang out with because it's tedious.

Back
Top Bottom