• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Does your spouse know how many guns you own?

Does your spouse know how many guns you own?

• Yes.

Votes: 121 29.6%
  • No.

Votes: 233 57.0%
  • Of course; some of them belong to him/her!

Votes: 50 12.2%
  • We have his & hers - I don't know about his/hers, s/he doesn't know about mine.

Votes: 5 1.2%

• Total voters
I've taken to lying about the number. I tell her a figure around twice as high as my estimate (I'm not actually certain myself).

The reason is, I can add some and if she ever sees the larger cache, it won't be as much of a shock.

Wow... lotta names here I haven't seen in a long time! [wave]

For the record, my wife not only has her own gun collection ...... she is also an NES member.

:)

Since this post was started, I got divorced and married NESer Luv2BFree. Next Monday is our 7th anniversary, and we were married wearing matching (well, sorta) Officer's ACPs. She's the other name on my FFL... [smile]

Heck, I'm not sure that I know how many guns I have.

Two less than you used to, Frosty; I still have your 10/22 and Senorita Sistema. :)

Hey, did you know that that 10/22 had a super collectible stock? Well... it did until I put sling studs in it, anyway. I didn't know either...

Hey @dwarven1 does Ms. Alix know how many you have? [smile] Do you know how many she has?

Jay, I don't even know exactly how many I have. I've lost count. I know exactly how many Lonely Mountain Arms has, though. :) The AFT is kinda insistent on that. As for how many Alix has? Considering I gave her most of them, I should... but I think I've lost count there, as well. I could probably figure it out...

Two less than you used to, Frosty; I still have your 10/22 and Senorita Sistema. :)

Hey, did you know that that 10/22 had a super collectible stock? Well... it did until I put sling studs in it, anyway. I didn't know either..

I remember Senorita Sistema very well. But the 10/22?

Oh well, they couldn't have gone to a nicer fella.

Hope that you and Luv2BFree are doing well up there.

While moving from our last place, had everything laid out to get packed up.

Wife walked in, took one look and screamed Oh my god! What the Fahk!?

Now she knows!🤣.

I laughed my ass off! 🤣Tried to get her pose with them. Got a righteous eye roll instead.

She let's it be as long as it doesn't hit the bank account.

I got a "wait you bought another one? How many do you need?" last weekend. I think it was just a standard question as she could give a f*** [rofl]

I may or may not have spent $4k in 3 months. Throw in a 10 month old and a 3 month old pup... I'm tempting fate over here [laugh]

The only beautiful thing about Glocks is that they all look almost exactly the same.
Her: "Hi honey, is that your Glock you are carrying today"
Me: "It sure is pumpkin....It sure is"

I remember Senorita Sistema very well. But the 10/22?

Oh well, they couldn't have gone to a nicer fella.

Hope that you and Luv2BFree are doing well up there.
Didn't I buy a stainless polymer stocked 10/22 from you? I would've sworn it was you. Just checked my database; that rifle is old enough that it's in there - and sure enough, purchased from "Frosty" on 1/3/2008.

Anyway, this stock is what they call a "boat paddle" stock, and is highly collectible. Which I wish I'd known BEFORE I turned this into a Liberty Training Rifle. Had I known it, I'd have sold it and bought TWO new 10/22s. [smile][smile]

20210511_085255.jpg

My girl is on a “Need to know basis” and that covers everything, my guns, money, what I’m doing when I go out, Ect.. Ect..

Not sure how you mean that... I figure that my wife needs to know everything, so I tell her. This is a full partnership. If she doesn't want to know, she'll tell me. But... full disclosure.

I pity guys who have to sneak around their wives with their guns or other hobbies - I know full well what that's like, as I used to BE that guy. Fortunately, that is NOT my life now.

#HappyDwarf

I don’t know how many guns I have, how would she? My wife has no interest. She is generally aware of the number of large and small safes, the big oak cabinet, and the assorted guns temporarily stashed behind closet doors, in nightstands and on bookshelves.

Last inventory was for a move a few years ago. She shook her head at the pile of cases and boxes staged in the dining room before loading for transport.

Didn't I buy a stainless polymer stocked 10/22 from you? I would've sworn it was you. Just checked my database; that rifle is old enough that it's in there - and sure enough, purchased from "Frosty" on 1/3/2008.

Anyway, this stock is what they call a "boat paddle" stock, and is highly collectible. Which I wish I'd known BEFORE I turned this into a Liberty Training Rifle. Had I known it, I'd have sold it and bought TWO new 10/22s. [smile][smile]

View attachment 481631

Not sure how you mean that... I figure that my wife needs to know everything, so I tell her. This is a full partnership. If she doesn't want to know, she'll tell me. But... full disclosure.

I pity guys who have to sneak around their wives with their guns or other hobbies - I know full well what that's like, as I used to BE that guy. Fortunately, that is NOT my life now.

#HappyDwarf
I don’t sneak around at all, I just do what I do. If she asks me a question I give her a straight answer but I don’t ask permission for anything, if I want a gun I buy one, basically I’m the Alpha in the relationship, but yes I treat her with respect and pull more than my fair share of throwing money at bills so although I do whatever I want t she never goes without.

I don’t sneak around at all, I just do what I do. If she asks me a question I give her a straight answer but I don’t ask permission for anything, if I want a gun I buy one, basically I’m the Alpha in the relationship, but yes I treat her with respect and pull more than my fair share of throwing money at bills so although I do whatever I want t she never goes without.
I just let her know. If it's a big purchase, I'll ask her opinion, not permission. (last time I asked was when I found one of my grail guns at a gun show while I was checking out the other dealer tables. Her reply text was "Go for it!" Still have that little Colt 1903.) OTOH, when big outlays aren't a concern, I just tell her, just so she knows what's going on.

I just let her know. If it's a big purchase, I'll ask her opinion, not permission. (last time I asked was when I found one of my grail guns at a gun show while I was checking out the other dealer tables. Her reply text was "Go for it!" Still have that little Colt 1903.) OTOH, when big outlays aren't a concern, I just tell her, just so she knows what's going on.
I just walk in carrying a new one and get a look... but I'm reasonably sure she doesn't have a tally

Until I saw this thread I didn't even know how many guns I had, let alone her.
I just dragged everything out of the safes and other places and took inventory.
I took pictures of everything including closeups of the serial numbers.....on most of them.
Then I transferred everything to a thumb drive.

Back
Top Bottom