Does your spouse know how many guns you own?

Does your spouse know how many guns you own?

• Yes.

Votes: 121 29.6%
  • No.

Votes: 233 57.0%
  • Of course; some of them belong to him/her!

Votes: 50 12.2%
  • We have his & hers - I don't know about his/hers, s/he doesn't know about mine.

Votes: 5 1.2%

• Total voters
I'm totally honest and hide nothing. I show here every firearm I bring home. Her eyes glaze over because she just doesn't care.

I started a running total for 2008 only because I really wanted to know. I got sick to my stomach and won't be doing it for 2009. Will I show her the total? No. Why? Because she doesn't care.

She would when she sees the total $$$$$ !!!!!![crying]

Me, no wife, 3 guns so no problem.

She doesn't know exactly - but she has a better idea now. The other day she caught a glance into the safe, her reply was: " Jesus honey - where did all these guns come from, that's a freaking arsenel!".

I turned around and said " Oh my god - where did all those come from"

I will not be getting married. I fill not give into the pressure. So she shall never know! Nor do my parents (whose house I live in) know what I keep in my safe.

Wow... if you have a job, then you must have tons of spare money to spend on guns! No wife and no housing to pay for, the two most expensive expenses you will ever have other than taxes. I envy you.

Out of the blue this morning my wife asked me, "How many guns do you have?" I laughed, thinking immediately of this thread, and then told her. Her eyes bugged out and she said, "THAT MANY?" I said "yeah, if you'd like I'd be happy to show them all to you and tell you about them." She said, "no, that's ok... do you have any full auto?" "nope." "Oh... too bad." And that was the end of the conversation.

No.

I wouldn't have married her if she had ideas of how I should be.

She once asked me why I have so many fishing rods and my answer was the reason why she never asked how many guns I have.
Because they're all different.

She said, "no, that's ok... do you have any full auto?" "nope." "Oh... too bad." And that was the end of the conversation.
The END??? Are you telling me that you didn't ask her WHY it was too bad that you didn't have any full auto stuff? Man, I'd be going nuts wondering that...

Ya gotta ask her and report back your findings.

Are you telling me that you didn't ask her WHY it was too bad that you didn't have any full auto stuff?

Didn't need to ask, I know who she is [grin]. She's fired some of my guns, and, curiosity satisfied, she has no more interest in them. But she's never fired a full auto, and if I happened to have snuck one in under her nose, she would have demanded a trip to the range ASAP.

Oh. Damn, I thought you were going to find out that she wanted to buy you a Thompson or something for Christmas.

If she's really curious, either a field trip to MFL is in order, or bring her to a shoot - Between One-Eyed Jack and MadMarc0 there should be enough FA stuff for her to play with and satisfy her curiosity.

The number is only worthwhile counting if you have a "static collection".

For most here the number keeps changing, so knowing how many is really irrelevant! [smile]

NOT only does she not know the number, she also thinks they were all either $300 or a trade. I’d be in trouble if she knew...

Back
Top Bottom