• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Does your spouse know how many guns you own?

Does your spouse know how many guns you own?

• Yes.

Votes: 121 29.6%
  • No.

Votes: 233 57.0%
  • Of course; some of them belong to him/her!

Votes: 50 12.2%
  • We have his & hers - I don't know about his/hers, s/he doesn't know about mine.

Votes: 5 1.2%

• Total voters
You forgot "No, because I thankfully don't have one to stop me from buying new guns, muhaha!"
Uh-huh. This from the guy who keeps plaintively asking where to meet politically-conservative girls who like guns. [rolleyes]

yes, and I think he is trying to take over my 1911!

Ill share but he better not get to comfy with it![wink]
Best watch yourself, Mikey...

She has a couple in her name, but she is not interested in shooting at all. She does not care how many we have. Her only concern is that I do not put more large safes in her walk in closet [smile].

My wife and I have one HUGE rule between the two of us. She doesn't ask me about what's in my gun safe and I don't ask her about what's in her closet and jewelry box.

In order for this rule to work, we've both agreed that as long as we pay our bills, put money away for a rainy day and we have money left over to go out on the weekends, there's no reason to dig into each other's hobbies.

I had HUGE trust issues on this as my first wife buried us in $40K worth of debt and it's hard for me to be hands off with my second wife. We've been doing this now since we've been together and so far it's worked great.

Helps that we only have one Credit Card that is used for emergencies only. [wink]

A year ago she saw the contents of my three safes, and said," I didn't know you had THAT many !"

But she never counted them and that was a year ago.[smile]

I hope she doesn't.

She does have 2 guns of her own now and has shot about all of mine, but doesn't realize it. They all look alike to her.

I need to find a way to store my handguns better. The safes are now overflowing.

To expound on my NO vote.

Recently my Wife asked me (in front of some other folks, don't recall who/where) "How many guns do you own?"

My honest answer was that I do not know w/o checking my list (I created a personal database like a bound book but more comprehensive, mostly for insurance purposes).

My Wife owns some guns and if I don't find a frame quickly to permanently mount my Ciener .22LR kit, I'll likely lose my 1911! She's fallen in love with that combination.

My wife doesn't really know or care because the only one that she will shoot as needed is her own snubbie which she keeps at the ready, available to her at any time. If necessary, I'm convinced that she would be quicker than me in blasting the BG. Even though the kids have left the nest, the "Don't get between the mother and the cubs" theory still seems to linger on. Jack.

Laura doesn't know or much care. I'd be happy to tell her all the details about each one, but her eyes would likely start to gloss over. She knows I have a bunch, and did ask one time, "Why do you need so many guns?" My response was, "it makes me happy, why do you have so much jewelry?" Her response was, "Ok, fair enough, just don't spend too much money, ok? At least they're cheaper than your cars."

No she doesn't. Nor does she care. Every new gun I come home with and show her, she say, "Yep, it's a gun."

To expound on my NO vote.

Recently my Wife asked me (in front of some other folks, don't recall who/where) "How many guns do you own?"

My honest answer was that I do not know w/o checking my list (I created a personal database like a bound book but more comprehensive, mostly for insurance purposes).

My Wife owns some guns and if I don't find a frame quickly to permanently mount my Ciener .22LR kit, I'll likely lose my 1911! She's fallen in love with that combination.

+1 How could my wife possibly know how many guns I own? I don't know how many guns I own.

No, and I won't tell her. She thinks of them as an ATM machinge...we need a new fridge, why don't you sell a few guns? The kids need a new kidney, why don't you...you get the idea.

I was taking the kids shooting a few weeks ago, she saw three cases and asked "How many .22's do you have?"
I started counting on my fingers with my eyes all scrunched up like I was trying to do algebra in my head...my kids were laughing as I ticked them off....real slow...she finally rolled her eyes and dropped it....she still doesn't know and I didn't have to tell her. I won't lie to her about it, but I'm not going to make it easy on her, either.

Back
Top Bottom