• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Does your primary range require you to be an NRA member?

Does your range require you to be a member of the NRA

• Yes

Votes: 50 45.9%
  • No

Votes: 56 51.4%
  • No, but some other organization (state based, etc)

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters
yes

Club: Harvard Sportsmens Club

while i'm a voluntary NRA member, i think it's a double edged sword. too much spam e-mail and propaganda from the NRA for my taste... it's good that the caliber of the club and it's members are better served by keeping the FUDD's to a minimum or at least at bay [laugh]

in my own bubble world, i'd like to see a discount for having NRA and GOAL as well. [smile]

[devil2]

No - Braintree R&P

I also would like to see GOAL mandatory at every gun club . . . but I've fought that battle and lost at a number of clubs. [I am an NRA Life Member anyway, as well as GOAL Sustaining Member, so any such requirements wouldn't effect me anyway.]

Yes - Harvard Sportsmen's Club. I am not crazy about the idea, even though I am a lifetime NRA member. My view is that any rule that can be removed from any organization without affecting its function probably should be.

Yes - Agawam Revolver Club. If not a member, your dues are increased and they purchase an associate membership on your behalf.

I'm at Andover Sportsman's Club and I don't believe it's required although there is a place on the membership application that asks if you are a GOAL and if you are a NRA member. Maybe the BOD twists your arm to join... I don't know.

I believe the NRA membership requirement is frequently tied to NRA sourced club insurance.

Although used as an "excuse", it is my understanding that NRA does NOT require 100% membership to sell the club insurance . . . they make money on those insurance plans and NRA is "all about money"!

fairview sportsmans club in granby its up to each individual member to be a member of either the nra or goal its not a requirement.

No, and I'm not a fan of the "you can pay to join our club after you pay to join that other organization" stuff..

NRA no for Somerset Sportsman's Cllub.
NRA yes to Mansfield Fish & Game.

Each club different for different reasons including what they offer. But NRA versus non-NRA clubs are different by the people that join them.

Dana

As Dana says above, yes for Mansfield. I think clubs which require NRA or GOAL memberships are more aware of the politics of gun control, and I approve of them for that.

Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club is a NO.

There is a section on the app that asks if you are a member of the NRA or of Goal but not a requirement.

Fin Fur and Feather in Millis, MA does not require membership in the NRA or other 2A orgnizations.

Personally, I think our $ are better spent on GOAL, and I know some have a problem with the NRA and how big they have gotten and perhaps out of touch with some gun owners.

My main club requires NRA membership, but my "for fun" club is not. I honestly don't see a difference in either club with regard to perks or benefits of requiring/not requiring NRA membership. I am an NRA registered shooter, so I have to have the membership to compete. But I agree with ChetD - way too much junky e-mail from the NRA. I'm happy to support them, but could def. do without the constant "NRA Store" sales and useless info in my inbox!

Cheers!
Em

Quality shooting supplies at your fingertips!

10xgirl, you can contacct NRA and have them not send mail to you, and still donate.

I haven't done it but I know some have, and some that have multiple members in a household.

Dana

Back
Top Bottom