Does your Glock 43 say "USA" or "Austria" on the slide?

Cuz

NES Member
My G43 says "USA" on the slide. I noticed that on some online images the slide says "Austria". Just wondering what yours says...

maybe someone has one made in Australia like this article states

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ho...d-max-in-30-short-years/ar-AAgicb6?li=BBnb4R7

The gun:
Police began shifting to semiautomatic handguns in the late 1980s. The handguns replaced revolvers, which require shooters to manually load six bullets into the cylinder. Semiautomatic pistols reload automatically though — unlike fully automatic weapons — they fire just one shot with each trigger pull.
Departments feeling outgunned by gangsters and searching for a new weapon found the perfect solution in the Glock 17, an Australian weapon manufactured by Gaston Glock, according to Paul Barrett, author of “GLOCK: The Rise of America’s Gun.” When Glock peddled his cheap, easy-to-use pistol to stations across the United States, police officials were impressed.
Officers actually shot more accurately with the Glock because it only required 5.5 pounds of pressure on the trigger compared to 12 pounds for the Smith & Wesson revolver. But this feature had complicated consequences, Barrett said.
“If you graze the trigger, the gun will go off, which led to safety problems before people were properly trained,” Barrett said. “They couldn’t have a finger on the trigger until they are actually able to shoot.”

Glock makes guns both in USA and Austria. I would assume the same with the 43. Although Im sure there are far more made in Austria vs america.

I always love throwing it in the face of people that wont buy glocks because they "only buy american made products"

Austria on mine.

I heard somewhere that the slide coating in Austria is much better than the USA one. I think the good process/chemicals needed to do it right are banned here for environmental reasons.

Looks like I have the only USA made G43. That means it's practically a collectors item...

:)

Maybe only the slide is made in the USA and the frame in Austria. My 40 P99's slide was made in the US but the frame in Germany.

Looks like I have the only USA made G43. That means it's practically a collectors item...

:)

I have USA several USA made gen 4s. 22, 23,19. The proof stamp is the state of Georgia with a P in the middle. This will be on the frame and barrel as well. The finish is different than the Austrian slide models.

The above video is incorrect about the gen 4. Under his silly grip tape it will say made in Austria Glock Symrna GA or something like that. The frames that say made in USA have the Georgia state proof marks.

Last edited:
Austria crew checking in

null_142.jpg

42 and 43, both Austria.

Damn, I didn't think any of the G42s said Austria. I just ordered a Blade-Tech Klipt holster for mine. I'll have to watch how the USA slide finish holds up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For that matter the 43 should have had the same problem.

For that matter the 43 should have had the same problem.

9mm is a few more points over 380, but that's usually enough to get it over the cliff. Probably comes in with adjustable sights too which get pounded out in GA.

Do your 43 frames say austria on them too?

-Mike

Mine is USA all the way. I would have preferred an Austrian slide. Never thought about it during the acquisition phase. I was just happy to get my hands on one. Still am very happy with it.

9mm is a few more points over 380, but that's usually enough to get it over the cliff. Probably comes in with adjustable sights too which get pounded out in GA.

Do your 43 frames say austria on them too?

-Mike

My G43 has AUSTRIA on the slide,
and on the right side of the frame two separate lines:
MADE IN AUSTRIA
GLOCK INC SMYRNA GA

Bought NIB from dealer, serial numbers match.

Back
Top Bottom