• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Does this mean what I think it means....

This pretty much amounts to an Assault Weapons Ban, just sneakier. I have never seen a 10 round mag for an AK or a FAL, so effectively I wouldn't be able to shoot either. And what about machine guns?

Any one of you who doesn't sit down over the weekend and write a letter to your State Rep & Senator deserves what were gonna get. We need to act quickly, before this gets voted. Add in the bullshit way this was written, tagging onto the end of existing law so you can't understand it fully, makes it even more fubar. This will pass in some form, make no mistake, so the best we can do is deflect the worst of it, which in my opinion is the language pertaining to mags and the one gun per month. Concentrate on that for starters. I'll post a copy of my letter and I'm sure others will too, so we can borrow from each other.

WRITE A LETTER TO YOUR REP, they will count them and decide if they will suffer for their votes or not.

And where is GOAL and Comm 2A? Someone has to lead the charge.

What was wrong with what I said? My point was, if they pull you over for speeding and find one in your range bag, you shouldn't have been speeding. If you beat on your wife and they come to your home and find one, you probably shouldn't have been beating on your wife.

My point was that it would be ALMOST impossible to get caught with one if you kept your nose clean. "Accidental" discovery will more than likely come by some dumb act the person did which gave the LEO the opportunity to take a look around.

What is wrong with that logic?

Whats wrong is that we should have to hide them in the first place. What's also wrong is that some people are more equal than others!

Here is the letter I sent to my rep...feel free to take any/all of it and send it to yours:

I am writing with regards to the firearms legislation proposed by Governor Patrick. Below is an excerpt of what the Governor feels this legislation will accomplish:

• It reduces access to high-powered rounds of ammunition.
  • It better tracks weapon sales by (1) requiring dealers at organized gun shows to connect to the Massachusetts Instant Record Check System (MIRCS) when conducting a sale of a firearm; and (2) requiring private sales of firearms to occur at the business of a licensed dealer so that the sale can be tracked electronically.
  • It limits gun buyers to one firearm purchase per month and prevents the furnishing of a machine gun to any person under 21 years of age.

Instead of providing any type of legislation to deal with the real problem...criminals with firearms...the Governor has decided to endanger law abiding citizens and limit their Second Amendment rights.

What power should the government have to limit what I can purchase? My answer...NONE! If I want to buy more than one firearm per month I should be allowed to. The government is not limiting how much alcohol I can purchase in one month, or is that next?

In reading the entire text of the Governor's proposal, I am appalled to find that he would now like to lower the magazine limit to 7 rounds. However, there seems to be contradictory language throughout the text. I can only surmise that the Governor really doesn't know what he is talking about. I have not heard or read about any meetings the Governor has held with pro-gun and/or anti-gun groups. This leads me to believe that, once again, he feels only he knows what is best for me. I am tired of being told what is good for me. I will decide what is good and right for me and my family.

I am fed up with knee jerk reactions to decisively tragic events perpetrated by criminals. Law abiding citizens should not be punished for the acts of criminals. If our Second Amendment rights are allowed to be trampled on, where will it end? How long will it be until our First Amendment rights are limited?

I urge you to oppose "AN ACT TO STRENGTHEN AND ENHANCE FIREARMS LAWS IN THE COMMONWEALTH"

BTW, the pre ban ban is essentially unenforceable. There is absolutely no way for them to know who has them and who doesn't. If you get caught with one you were probably doing something you shouldn't have been doing in the first place. Keep your mouth shut and your head down and you'll be fine.

right, like shooting some a**h*** who just broke into my house and pulled a gun on my family with a C&R and it's 12 round magazine....
sure, we'll be alive, but now i'm a felon because i can't get a 7 round magazine for a gun made 30 years ago in a country that doesn't exist....

are all non-green users this stupid? is there a way to block non-green comments from showing up in my window?

You guys with machine guns will really enjoy your 1 second bursts....geez

I didn't even think about that. I'm sure some folks are going to wait on submitting their MG MA lic.

- - - Updated - - -

This pretty much amounts to an Assault Weapons Ban, just sneakier. I have never seen a 10 round mag for an AK or a FAL, so effectively I wouldn't be able to shoot either. And what about machine guns?

Any one of you who doesn't sit down over the weekend and write a letter to your State Rep & Senator deserves what were gonna get. We need to act quickly, before this gets voted. Add in the bullshit way this was written, tagging onto the end of existing law so you can't understand it fully, makes it even more fubar. This will pass in some form, make no mistake, so the best we can do is deflect the worst of it, which in my opinion is the language pertaining to mags and the one gun per month. Concentrate on that for starters. I'll post a copy of my letter and I'm sure others will too, so we can borrow from each other.

WRITE A LETTER TO YOUR REP, they will count them and decide if they will suffer for their votes or not.

And where is GOAL and Comm 2A? Someone has to lead the charge.

5-round AK mags: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/MAG-003

What is wrong with that logic?

So many things I can't list them all. I'll just list one of them:

Police don't respect the BOR. Apparently you've never been illegally searched. But, it happens all the time. Cops routinely generate "probably cause" out of thin air to violate your 4th amendment rights. I'm an "anti-cop". I'll admit that (Flame away). But, there have been plenty of cops on this forum who freely admit that. This used to be a major problem. But, relatively speaking it is child's play

Think about the obvious direction the .gov is moving with NDAA, Patriot Act, Obamacare, DHS, TSA, Drones, etc. etc.

Do you really think you're going to be okay so long as you're not speeding? You really don't see how what you own is traceable and that you will be a subject of a warrantless search for some reason at some point? Do you really think you are secure in your possessions?

They know what you have and they will take it away if they want. They know your every move. They're watching everything you type on this forum, right now. You won't even make the news.

Speed away.

right, like shooting some a**h*** who just broke into my house and pulled a gun on my family with a C&R and it's 12 round magazine....
sure, we'll be alive, but now i'm a felon because i can't get a 7 round magazine for a gun made 30 years ago in a country that doesn't exist....

are all non-green users this stupid? is there a way to block non-green comments from showing up in my window?

Your comment and attitude to colligate "All Non-Green Members" fuels your low self-esteem which makes you pontificate on other non-green/new/inexperienced members posts. You, must be a mahatma here on NES, truth be told I am ashamed of myself for even taking my time and replying to your hobgoblin reply to MXD, and your opprobrium reply makes this place very warm and inviting. Keep in mind that not all non-green members are keyboard Black Ninjas or Green keyboard Ninjas such as your self, and some of us can very easily put to shame your gasconade attitude/persona.

Is there a way to block comments from poltroons from showing up in my window?

...fuels your low self-esteem

Low self esteem? Clearly you don't know me son.....
Glad to see you're getting good use out of that 2013 word-a-day calendar.... You don't have to try and impress me with fancy words no one else has heard of.... It doesn't make you look intelligent, it makes you look like a pompous, pontificating ass....

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Forum Runner

BETWEEN A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE IS WHERE WE ARE

This is no place to be putting law abiding citizens who did nothing to encourage or cause the terrible trajedy in CT. The state government clearly wants to punnish and since they can't punnish the appropriate party they are putting law abiding, good citizens backs against the wall and in a corner. How do they expect innocent, law abiding people, or anyone for that matter to react when backed against the wall and violated without the priveledge of trial, jury, or even charges to justify the penalty that lies ahead one year down the road after enactment of this new state law. We are clearly being pronounced guilty without having done anything wrong and as a result we are damned if we do and damned if we don't. Where is the democratic process in all this !!!!!!!!!! Did we get to vote on this and I missed going to the polls!!!!!!!
We made legal purchases and paid legal taxes and as a result we own legal property. Now if we don't sell it, give it away, or destroy it, it isn't legal anymore and we are instant felons with the stroke of a pen. Who can we sue when the need for 11 bullets instead of 10 arises to save our lives or the lives of our loved ones and we lose those precious lives because we ran out of bullets at the most critical of times due to the stoke of a pen ? If I am to die, I want it to for something more important than the stroke of a pen in Boston.
I will be in be in Boston on Saturday along with my brothers ( family brothers) to participate in this protest but in my heart I know that in the long run it won't matter in the end, simply because the opposition wants this bad enough and we as a contingancy will not out number the power of the stroke of the lawmakers pens. I've been up against superior forces many times as I know many of you have and it doesn't bother me to do so any more than it bothers many of you, so in closing let me say simply that I will be grateful and happy to see you all in Boston on Saturday, and THIS SITUATION ****ING SUCKS.

Respectfully submitted by
Dennis Dellarocco
Middleboro, Ma.
I am being told to lengthen this message or I can't send it .What else can happen?

SECTION 25. Said section 131M of chapter 140 of the General Laws, as so appearing, is hereby further amended by adding the following paragraph:-

Any large capacity feeding device that has or can readily be restored or converted to accept more than ten rounds of ammunition that was legally possessed by an individual prior to the enactment of this act must be sold or otherwise lawfully disposed of within one year of the act’s effective date. Such large capacity feeding devices may only be sold or disposed of to a purchaser authorized to possess such weapons.

http://www.mass.gov/governor/legisl...-to-strengthen-and-enhance-firearms-laws.html[/QUOTE]

Oh f*** them, I dgaf about the ban, haven't since I can remember. Compliance is for the serf. __0__ <---- that's how many f***s I give about it.

Bring it on I'm sick of the wait.

So, what you mean is if I become a paid member of NES then my intelligence goes up. Interesting. So I can safely assume that the Wizard of Oz's grab bag is a reality for you. Don't want to pull a spoiler on you but it wasn't a documentary. Not trying to come off as a jerk but some of us are paid members to other sites and organizations. There is only so much to go around. By the way, from what you've written, you didn't get your moneys worth, just thought I'd mention that.

Snip... I clipped the rest as it isn't relevant to my answer

Yes, they do exist. I have a few along with 5 rounders. I've also some other oddities like 5,2 and 1 round clips for an M1 Garand. I'm sure some mag makers would be willing to make them if they didn't, at least the common types anyway.

We are getting closr and closer to the demolitio man movie but in real life.

It's like politicians are having a contest as to who can out-retard each other.

I wish we could attribute it to retardedness.

It is clear to me from a legal perspective their real goal is to set up the eventual condition where most states have 7 rd mag limits. Then when SCOTUS gets a case in 75 years related to restrictions on 2A and looks to what the states do, they will all have the 7 rd limit and SCOTUS will then be led to believe it's reasonable.

Just noticed there is language in his proposal about having a pellet/bb gun in a car in school grounds. Is this new?
This is all just wrong - mob rule is going to come back to bite them.

Back
Top Bottom