• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

does this annoy anyone else???

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was wondering why there are some people on this forum that feel the need to make fun or give a hard time to people when they ask a question ?? i thought this forum was about getting info and people that share the same interests sharing stories, am i wrong ?? when someone asked a question they are not looking for a smart ass answer, does it make people feel like a bigger man by doing this?? , so does anyone else find this annoying ?! or is it just me

thats my rant for the night

I find it annoying when people don't use capitalization.

^^ This ^^

Depending on the question being asked, the replies could be full of sarcasm, or worse. If it's a very common question, or something covered many times, that's easily located with a search, then the gloves come off.

I don't think I've ever been on a board where people don't give each other shit. Especially one with more guys than girls.

I find it very annoying when people fart in church!

The only time I go into a church is when someone's died. Next time, I'll make sure I eat beans/chili enough times to have a full load of gas to release when inside. If nothing else, to see the effect it has. [rofl2]

i was wondering why there are some people on this forum that feel the need to make fun or give a hard time to people when they ask a question ?? i thought this forum was about getting info and people that share the same interests sharing stories, am i wrong ?? when someone asked a question they are not looking for a smart ass answer, does it make people feel like a bigger man by doing this?? , so does anyone else find this annoying ?! or is it just me

Show me one thread where someone asking a legit firearm-related question didn't have their question competently answered at some point. So what if the rest of the posts are having a little fun? Are you that thin-skinned that you get offended when people on a forum have a little fun at your expense? Are you going to neg-rep me for giving you a hard time right now?

It annoys me when annoying people annoyed about other people being annoying start annoying complaint threads.

Is this PrimusTactical's 2nd super-secret account?

Dude, it is the internet, don't sweat it.

Sometimes it is annoying, sometimes it is hilarious. You are correct that there are some people who feel the need to be sarcastic or insulting, but I am pretty sure that occurs with most internet forums. Don't take it personally and ignore the morons.

Here is a helpful hint. If you have a specific question, try typing it into a Google search with "Northeast Shooters" at the end. It works great and may keep you from having to post the question.

Welcome to NES. Grow some thick skin and stick around. You will be glad you did.

I find it annoying when people do something that they know will annoy me, then they ask me if they are annoying me.

You're actually missing the point. If the forum didn't have a strong community, and wasn't entertaining, there wouldn't be anyone to give you crap.

And as I like to explain to people who don't know me: if I like you, I will give you crap. If I don't like you, I won't talk to you at all. If I don't know y, you get the benefit of the doubt, with a side of sarcasm.

Go to a game forum and watch this thread go 40 pages of you being berated without a single attempt to answer your question.

I think it's just you.[smile]

Drop the silks bro it can get annoying, alot of Internet tough guys. But we all believe in the same thing, and really we are brothers. Sounds kinda F***** but true

The only time I go into a church is when someone's died. Next time, I'll make sure I eat beans/chili enough times to have a full load of gas to release when inside. If nothing else, to see the effect it has. [rofl2][/QUOTE

When i am driving by a church i stop in just to fart

Dude, it is the internet, don't sweat it.

Sometimes it is annoying, sometimes it is hilarious. You are correct that there are some people who feel the need to be sarcastic or insulting, but I am pretty sure that occurs with most internet forums. Don't take it personally and ignore the morons.

Here is a helpful hint. If you have a specific question, try typing it into a Google search with "Northeast Shooters" at the end. It works great and may keep you from having to post the question.

Welcome to NES. Grow some thick skin and stick around. You will be glad you did.

I never thought to use Google with the "Northeast Shooters" at the end, but that would probably be way more useful than the search feature here. Good tip!

In defense of what the op was saying, I have noticed that there has been a lot more insulting type posts lately, especially directed toward newb posters. Personally this turns me off because I feel like we are already fighting a losing battle without having infighting, and turning off new people that are trying to learn about the same crap many of us take for granted. This is supposed to be what a discussion forum is for. If I am not feeling helpful on a particular day, I just read the question and move on if I have nothing of value to add. We don't need to gather around the fire and sing Kumbaya, but a little courtesy toward new guys doesn't hurt.

Drop the silks bro it can get annoying, alot of Internet tough guys. But we all believe in the same thing, and really we are brothers. Sounds kinda F***** but true

hahaha internet tough guys i like that

I never thought to use Google with the "Northeast Shooters" at the end, but that would probably be way more useful than the search feature here. Good tip!

In defense of what the op was saying, I have noticed that there has been a lot more insulting type posts lately, especially directed toward newb posters. Personally this turns me off because I feel like we are already fighting a losing battle without having infighting, and turning off new people that are trying to learn about the same crap many of us take for granted. This is supposed to be what a discussion forum is for. If I am not feeling helpful on a particular day, I just read the question and move on if I have nothing of value to add. We don't need to gather around the fire and sing Kumbaya, but a little courtesy toward new guys doesn't hurt.

i am glad you see my point, i have thick skin but some people don't and that is what i am talking about

The best way is to type "site:northeastshooters.com" before your search keywords and every result will be from NES

Many people find it annoying when someone asks the same question that has been answerd a hundred times. Dont get me wrong, I have asked plenty of stupid questions, and I have no problem getting roasted for not finding the answer myself. Grow a thicker skin and try doing some searches

miata.net is the only forum I've ever come across where flaming simply... doesn't exist. Needless to say it gets a lot of really stupid threads. I think NES strikes a pretty sweet balance between nilly-vanilly / boring / mod nazi, and every-is-a-jackass / trolls galore / etc.

Many people find it annoying when someone asks the same question that has been answerd a hundred times. Dont get me wrong, I have asked plenty of stupid questions, and I have no problem getting roasted for not finding the answer myself. Grow a thicker skin and try doing some searches

True, but sometimes it can be a slightly different variation on the "same question" that makes a person feel the need to discuss it with more knowledgeable people, or maybe didn't come up with what they were looking for in a search. Admittedly, I have failed to find what I wanted many times using the search on this site. The fact is that without "discussion" there isn't a forum anymore, and getting new members to ask questions, builds more interest, which benefits all of us in the big picture. Like I said, if you are feeling crotchety and annoyed, skip the topic - problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom