does this annoy anyone else???

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was the first real online forum that I frequented, and I asked a few dumb questions that were already asked when I first showed up. Some people were nice enough to answer them, some people said NTSAIBTLoLn3wbEABOD's. I have thick skin so I got over it.

After seeing the same questions asked over and over again for a year or so I realized that asking dumb questions that have already been answered is annoying. Almost as annoying as rant posts about people being mean to you for asking a dumb question that has already been answered.

Now when I ask a dumb question that I should know the answer to or at least search for since I know where to look, I just admit the fact that I am lazy and take the shit people give me for asking.

So, toughen up Sally, so you will be facepalming and loling at annoying posts with the rest of us soon enough.

Many people find it annoying when someone asks the same question that has been answerd a hundred times. Dont get me wrong, I have asked plenty of stupid questions, and I have no problem getting roasted for not finding the answer myself. Grow a thicker skin and try doing some searches

My Glock mags say LE marked. Some are notched one on side. So which ones contain uranium?

AMEN BROTHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never thought to use Google with the "Northeast Shooters" at the end, but that would probably be way more useful than the search feature here. Good tip!

In defense of what the op was saying, I have noticed that there has been a lot more insulting type posts lately, especially directed toward newb posters. Personally this turns me off because I feel like we are already fighting a losing battle without having infighting, and turning off new people that are trying to learn about the same crap many of us take for granted. This is supposed to be what a discussion forum is for. If I am not feeling helpful on a particular day, I just read the question and move on if I have nothing of value to add. We don't need to gather around the fire and sing Kumbaya, but a little courtesy toward new guys doesn't hurt.

Serious observation....

The best thing about NES is that it can help prevent you from making some very expensive mistakes, or even getting into hot water with John Law. Most of the questions you may have, were probably already asked before.

Lets say you find a good deal on some ammo, but think it might be crap because it is just too good to be true. NES to the rescue.

Or maybe you find a firearm for sale that you are thinking about buying. Quick search and you may save yourself a ton of heartache.

The list goes on and on....

This is a very "fluid" site that generates many new, relevant and irrelevant topics daily. Most try to keep up the best they can, but it's impossible to keep up with all of them. Sometimes when users stumble onto a provocative or interesting thread title, they start to read it, and if it is just a rehash of a well covered question, they may show their frustration with a somewhat snarky post. Few mean anything personal, but most take it that way. It's the result of a very fast paced and dynamic forum.

And yes, you need to develop a thick skin.

I am with you sl76p7...... Probably get trashed on this one!!!

Well ........ I have had my share of threads that got closed because of replies that got out of hand.
I even stopped posting for 6 months or so.
BUT THEN AGAIN ...IT IS THE INTERNET!!! so hit me about caps!!!!!!
I don't ask questions anymore for that reason.
A new NES member tries posting a question and the post goes on for a week with sick comments no one ever answering his original question.
Like the guy that asked the H.O.G. question!!!
Some people just have way too much time on their hands!!!!
Well if NASCAR drivers can do it I guess NES posters ...HAVE AT IT !!!!!!!!
i was wondering why there are some people on this forum that feel the need to make fun or give a hard time to people when they ask a question ?? i thought this forum was about getting info and people that share the same interests sharing stories, am i wrong ?? when someone asked a question they are not looking for a smart ass answer, does it make people feel like a bigger man by doing this?? , so does anyone else find this annoying ?! or is it just me

thats my rant for the night

i like turtles. i mean NES.

you haven't been here that long, OP, and if you're already butthurt? sorry man, can't help you.

just chillax and go with the flow, there are a lot of good people on here and there's a lot of good information buried in the bullshit.

I am with you sl76p7...... Probably get trashed on this one!!!

Well ........ I have had my share of threads that got closed because of replies that got out of hand.
I even stopped posting for 6 months or so.
BUT THEN AGAIN ...IT IS THE INTERNET!!! so hit me about caps!!!!!!
I don't ask questions anymore for that reason.
A new NES member tries posting a question and the post goes on for a week with sick comments no one ever answering his original question.
Like the guy that asked the H.O.G. question!!!
Some people just have way too much time on their hands!!!!
Well if NASCAR drivers can do it I guess NES posters ...HAVE AT IT !!!!!!!!

People deff have to much time on there hands, and feel tough behind a screen hahaha

If you are new to firearms you need to read, read, read before you post. I have seen many new shooters get slammed on here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom