Does the UPS truck pick up ammo? How to ship by UPS without going to service center: GunBroker sellers are making a fortune

Reptile

NES Member
How do I get my local driver to stop by my house and pick up outgoing ammo?
The UPS service center is 45 minutes away and not worth the drive.
Ammo being sold on GunBroker is going for a fortune and it's all getting bought up.

UPDATE:

The following link has all the information you need:
The issue is that there is a mistake in the link.
According to the UPS Hazmat Department Call Center: You do not have have "Scheduled Pickups" on a daily basis to qualify for the driver to pick up your ammo. You just need a regular UPS account. With that you can arrange for a driver to pick up your shipment for a fee. The fee is $6.80 per same-day request, or $5.80 for a future-day pickup.

If you want to drop off a shipment the only places are in Pittsfield and Chelmsford.

No other drop of locations qualify for ammo drop offs.

I got all my info from the UPS website (which had the mistake I mentioned), the UPS HazMat Call Center, and my local UPS drivers.
I am not responsible for any errors. This is just my experience. IANAL.

Last edited:
Actually, since January 1 of this year you're NOT supposed to use the ORM-D marking. There is a symbol that is to be used instead. See below.

How do I get my local driver to stop by my house and pick up outgoing ammo?
The UPS service center is 45 minutes away and not worth the drive.
Ammo being sold on GunBroker is going for a fortune and it's all getting bought up.

So you're flipping and you can't be bothered to do basic legwork? [laugh]

So you're flipping and you can't be bothered to do basic legwork? [laugh]
I would sell to local customers (1 mile from home) but I can make 20% more if sell on GunBroker.
The customers on GunBroker even pay for shipping without endless emails and meeting coordination.
But, I sure as hell am not going to drive 1.5 hours round trip to ship.
It's a sellers market and pretty soon with the new taxes on ammo being proposed by Harris - the demand is high.
Especially for Winchester White Box USA in 9mm and 45 and premium investment grade Federal Lake City 5.56 XM193 and NATO XM855 Green Tip.
FedEx would be much better than UPS since they are closer - even closer is Staples - if they accept ammo.

I'm sure that there's a fortune to be made the further you get from the NES Budget Zone [rofl]

Just sign up for a pickup when you do the shipping label. Its an option on one of the pages. You put in the time and date the package is ready for pickup and the driver comes by. There is a charge for this as well.

Just sign up for a pickup when you do the shipping label. Its an option on one of the pages. You put in the time and date the package is ready for pickup and the driver comes by. There is a charge for this as well.
If the UPS store can't accept ammo or guns, why do you think a driver can?

If the UPS store can't accept ammo or guns, why do you think a driver can?
I just shipped my M&P back to Smith and Wesson from UPS store. I declared what it was. No problem

*edit... It was FedEx, not UPS. Dropped it at the FedEx store, which was previously a Kinko's.
I did check the website to see where I could drop it before hand though too.
Can't believe I thought it was UPS. Anyway, SW is shipping it back today. I'll see how the warrnty department treated me.

Last edited:
Read their policy. It's on their website. You spend enough time sorting the internet for garbage we know you know how to Google.
I did.

It said you need to take to a shipping center which is a hub. There is one in Greenfield and one in Springfield.

I did.

It said you need to take to a shipping center which is a hub. There is one in Greenfield and one in Springfield.
Not on the page I read this morning. Moreover, if that's the policy you have your answer.

Cartridges, small arms may be shipped only through a UPS Scheduled Pickup Account using various UPS pickup services, or through a UPS Customer Center (counters at UPS operational facilities).

How so?

You mean the price of ammo will go up that I won't be able to replace what I sell?
Yes, you may get $1.00 p/rd now, but it would suck if you're out and need to pay $1.50 p/rd in the future.

Staples takes UPS packages, I pre label and drop them off there weekly

Yes, you may get $1.00 p/rd now, but it would suck if you're out and need to pay $1.50 p/rd in the future.

Staples takes UPS packages, I pre label and drop them off there weekly
If they are going to be $1.50 p/rd the skinflints on NES should be PMing me now.

I have shipped some ammo lately. When I went to UPS they asked the contents and had to call the hazmat department for an authorization code, so I don't think you can have it picked up. Also, I was recently at one of those business that also sends UPS packages. They indicated they could not send ammo from there. I think you are stuck physically going to a UPS counter.

Dave

If they are going to be $1.50 p/rd the skinflints on NES should be PMing me now.
I think you are being the skinflint, for not just selling it locally for less than you would get on gunbroker. You should be willing to get less money whilst serving your local compatriots.

Skinflint is as skinflint does.

I think you are being the skinflint, for not just selling it locally for less than you would get on gunbroker. You should be willing to get less money whilst serving your local compatriots.

Skinflint is as skinflint does.

Lol I’m not a fan of most flippers but this is top 10 communist post on NES. [rofl]

Also -1000 for improper use of skinflint. Being lazy has nothing to do with flinting.

Back
Top Bottom