Does the UPS truck pick up ammo? How to ship by UPS without going to service center: GunBroker sellers are making a fortune

Just be aware that the penalties got WAY up if the ammo is shipped by air because it is not labeled properly. I know of a case where a significant fine (5 digits) was imposed because a package broke en-route and ammo spilled out.
Yes but it won't go air if you don't pay for air, correct?

Box it up all nice and neat, do the shipping label for ground service online, put those 4" black diamond limited quantity labels on a couple sides (file attached), bring to customer counter & tell the nice clerk, "This is all set, I don't need a receipt. Have a great day!"

Doesn't seem terribly complicated and has always worked for this guy.

Attachments

• ORM labels.pdf
    48 KB · Views: 12
Actually, since January 1 of this year you're NOT supposed to use the ORM-D marking. There is a symbol that is to be used instead. See below.

That’s very interesting and you’ve just educated me on something. Anytime you’re shipping ammo or guns...You got to worry about that it’s like writing this is a firearm on the box would be pretty stupid.

I would sell to local customers (1 mile from home) but I can make 20% more if sell on GunBroker.
The customers on GunBroker even pay for shipping without endless emails and meeting coordination.
But, I sure as hell am not going to drive 1.5 hours round trip to ship.
It's a sellers market and pretty soon with the new taxes on ammo being proposed by Harris - the demand is high.
Especially for Winchester White Box USA in 9mm and 45 and premium investment grade Federal Lake City 5.56 XM193 and NATO XM855 Green Tip.
FedEx would be much better than UPS since they are closer - even closer is Staples - if they accept ammo.
1. Put all your ammo on auction to end on the same day.

2. Accept PayPal so you get your payments faster.

3. Ship several orders the following weekend.

1. Put all your ammo on auction to end on the same day.

2. Accept PayPal so you get your payments faster.

3. Ship several orders the following weekend.
That all sounds good but I have some issues...

I wont take Paypal due to potential account cancellation.

I don't actually do Auction but instead I'd rather do "Buy it Now" so I can set the price.

Here is my work around...

"I only accept check or USPS Money Orders and I only ship on X day of the week."

That way, I get paid first and can still ship only once a week.

Some people can't be bothered with checks or money orders.

I don't know if I'd want to take GB Pay because the take a percentage of my incoming money.

My current plan is to keep it listed on NES Classifieds until it finally sells.

I only have a few thousand rounds and the longer I wait the more money it's worth.

Wait till shooting season starts and people head to the range - ammo will go up even more due to the seasonal demand.

Not only that but Biden is going after guns and possibly ammo so the taxes he said he'll enact are going to be uuuuge.

Back
Top Bottom