Does the FRB make mistakes? [Answered]

I submitted my application in Wakefield (green town) Jan 23rd and got processed on March 3rd. I have called the FRB 3 times since then asking about status and each time they told me it hasn’t been sent in yet and was still “in draft”. However when I asked the license officer I was told that it was “issued and shipped out” to me on the 28th. It should be noted that in the question I asked how I would know if I was denied and if that was the case. So did the police lie did the FRB make a mistake or was I denied? It also should be noted that I have my FID as well so could they have gotten the applications confused ?

You didn't need to post this twice.

If you don't get it in the mail soon, get back to your CoP. The holdup was probably at your PD, but they'll never admit it; they're the ones more likely to be lying to you.

If they mailed it on the 28th and you live in the town? You should get it today or tomorrow. If the LO tells you it's been issued, you no longer have to worry about the FRB (if, indeed, you ever did).

I will say (and you'll find out if you stick around and pay attention) that 03 Mar - 28 Mar is very reasonable turnaround from the standpoint of many of your surrounding towns, where people have to wait much longer in some cases. So.

You didn't need to post this twice.

If you don't get it in the mail soon, get back to your CoP. The holdup was probably at your PD, but they'll never admit it; they're the ones more likely to be lying to you.

If they mailed it on the 28th and you live in the town? You should get it today or tomorrow. If the LO tells you it's been issued, you no longer have to worry about the FRB (if, indeed, you ever did).

I will say (and you'll find out if you stick around and pay attention) that 03 Mar - 28 Mar is very reasonable turnaround from the standpoint of many of your surrounding towns, where people have to wait much longer in some cases. So.
Well assuming the FRB didn’t make a mistake or isn’t lying to cover a problem on their end I don’t know if it’s gonna come anytime soon considering the man on the status hotline said it was “in draft” which is just their way of saying the police haven’t sent it in for further processing yet which admittedly is a little worrying (called yesterday). As far as turnaround im not sure if it actually has been sent or issued so I may not be out of the water yet but I am thankful that I’m not stuck one of the towns with 1 year+ turnarounds, I don’t think I could survive the wait

Well assuming the FRB didn’t make a mistake or isn’t lying to cover a problem on their end I don’t know if it’s gonna come anytime soon considering the man on the status hotline said it was “in draft” which is just their way of saying the police haven’t sent it in for further processing yet which admittedly is a little worrying. As far as turnaround im not sure if it actually has been sent or issued so I may not be out of the water yet but I am thankful that I’m not stuck one of the towns with 1 year+ turnarounds, I don’t think I could survive the wait

Listen to what people are telling you.

The Licensing Officer at your PD is your point of contact. You've contacted him and he's given a response. He's told you it's been issued, and you're not going to hear any other updates other than that until it appears in your mailbox. It is no longer in the FRB's hands, regardless of what their "hotline" tells you.

This whole thing is your PD's responsibility. They appear to be responsive to your concerns. Well and good.

Well assuming the FRB didn’t make a mistake or isn’t lying to cover a problem on their end I don’t know if it’s gonna come anytime soon considering the man on the status hotline said it was “in draft” which is just their way of saying the police haven’t sent it in for further processing yet which admittedly is a little worrying (called yesterday). As far as turnaround im not sure if it actually has been sent or issued so I may not be out of the water yet but I am thankful that I’m not stuck one of the towns with 1 year+ turnarounds, I don’t think I could survive the wait
This doesn't make sense. The filing is electronic, nothing is "sent in". The LO puts it into the FRB's system and they have it. So there is nothing between them knowing about it and it being submitted to them. After the FRB OKs the person the PD gets their shot at denial (suitability) or approval and determines restrictions if any, then it's back to the FRB for printing. After all that something finally is sent, the card from the FRB to the PD, who then sends/delivers/has you pick up the license.

Back
Top Bottom