Does Pelham NH Fish and Game have steel targets to shoot?

I am a member at Andover Sportsmen club and absolutely love it there, mostly because of the many steel targets they have and the freedom of coming and going. I am moving to NH and plan on remaining a member there but Pelham is a bit closer to where I will be. I like that Pelham has the 600 yard range, that sounds awesome, but I can't seem to figure out on their website if they have steel targets, anyone know?

I am a member at Andover Sportsmen club and absolutely love it there, mostly because of the many steel targets they have and the freedom of coming and going. I am moving to NH and plan on remaining a member there but Pelham is a bit closer to where I will be. I like that Pelham has the 600 yard range, that sounds awesome, but I can't seem to figure out on their website if they have steel targets, anyone know?
The 200 yd range (qualification required) does have 3 plates as of my last check. The majority of stations will use paper.
The silhouette target range is up in the air as people destroyed the plates there and they were either going to be replaced or done away with, I can't recall which. The silhouette range, if memory serves, is pistol cal & 22lr only.

The action range for pistol has a 2-3 sets people can use but they are often taken, at one point they were gone but I think they are back.

The rules permit "board approved" steel but I've asked a couple of times about this process and haven't gotten an answer as to how to actually get your steel approved. So, I haven't bought any.

So basically, I only shoot steel at Andover most times. At Pelham, it's almost always paper. I wish the utility ranges at Pelham had a couple of plates like the way Andover does, but they don't.

Last edited:
@daekken thanks for the reply, that is disappointing but at least they seem to be trying in some regard. I will probably just remain a member at both clubs then.
I am a member at both as well. I shoot much more often at Andover and the club provided plates are a nice feature.

I will add that the action ranges at Pelham allow you to use things like clays on the berm and water jugs and stuff, if that suits your fancy.

There's pros and cons to each club.

Last edited:
Pelham as of last month has the silhouette range open again. Couple of notes I'll make in regards to the 600 yard range, first you need to qualify on the range before you can use it, second, even after you qualify you can only use the 600 when there is an event going on. Reading Rifle on the other hand, once you qualify, you can use the 600 when you want!

Pelham as of last month has the silhouette range open again. Couple of notes I'll make in regards to the 600 yard range, first you need to qualify on the range before you can use it, second, even after you qualify you can only use the 600 when there is an event going on. Reading Rifle on the other hand, once you qualify, you can use the 600 when you want!

Is there any possible way you could post a picture of the silhouette range? What calibers are allowed on it? Thank you for the info!

Pelham lets you bring your own AR500 steel targets. Set them up for your use, then take them home again.

I've been a member for a few years now. Not sure if I'll renew this time. I probably will, but I expect it's the last one for me. Mostly because I plan to move and have my own range on my own property next year. No more worrying about rules and regulations. Even those that might make sense. I'll follow best practices either way. I know there are members at PF&G that ignore the stated rules when they THINK no one notices. There's enough people living around the club that people DO notice.

I might miss the range music post move. But I might have things setup so that I can shoot off a back deck. Where I'm currently a minute, or two, to different parts of PF&G, I'll be seconds in that scenario. Of course, I might need to have the range further away, all depends on the land. ;)

BTW, one improvement they did for the 2020 memberships is they did away with paper membership badges. We now have RFID badges that makes getting through the gates easier. They said they are NOT tracking who goes through the gates and when. I have to wonder how long before they enable that.
Also, if you want to use the indoor range at PF&G, you have to qualify there. Once you do, you're also set for the silhouette range. Just be aware of the rules around what you qualify WITH for the indoor range. Basically, if you qualify with a 22LR, that's the limit you can shoot indoors. Use something like a 45ACP, and you can shoot anything. Last I read/heard, you have to shoot targets at full distance in the indoor range though (50' IIRC). That was also another $25/year. I don't think there are any other add-ons to the membership costs other than that. Well, except for the extra $40 if you don't do your 8 hours of volunteer work. YOU have to find something to do though. Unless you happen to be available during one of the few days they're doing things and need help. Sorry, but for me (and I'm sure more than a few here), I earn more than $40 in an hour at my day job.
Of course, there's also additional regs right now for the WuTangFlu pantera event. :p

You can use pistol cals and 22's... we aren't allowed to take pictures on the property so the best I could do is show you the place some day.

Is there any possible way you could post a picture of the silhouette range? What calibers are allowed on it? Thank you for the info!
You can use pistol cals and 22's... we aren't allowed to take pictures on the property so the best I could do is show you the place some day.

600 Yd Range at Pelham is limited use. Not worth the bother IMO. If you want 600....Join Reading

Action pits at Pelham have had club steel at times over the years. Of course, Somebody always shot up the steel and got it removed. You can use your own Steel and yes it needs to be Club Approved. So check with club officials and get it inspected. They will "Tag" it with a special tag to visually indicate that the Steel is "Approved". The entry at the action pits are chained, so be prepared to carry your Steel downrange, you can't drive it down

Pelham is a Good club, just not as "Free" as it used to be. The march of the Range Nazi's changed that over time.

Sorry to join late on this thread - came across it while searching. I’m a new member at Pelham and heading there this week… maybe a dumb question, but do they provide the paper targets? Or do I need to bring my own? I know they provide the stands that the paper clips onto

Sorry to join late on this thread - came across it while searching. I’m a new member at Pelham and heading there this week… maybe a dumb question, but do they provide the paper targets? Or do I need to bring my own? I know they provide the stands that the paper clips onto

Also a good idea to bring a piece of cardboard about 2' square. Many times the existing target cardboard is totally blown out in the center making it tough to secure your paper target.

Back
Top Bottom