Does GOAL Respond to Emails?

A month or so ago I received my renewal for my GOAL membership. I promptly returned it with dues covering the next 5 years. I figure it isn't easy being a Pro Gun Org in MA and I will continue to support them because of it. With that being said, on May 5th, I emailed Jim Wallace of GOAL at the email address provided on their site. I was requesting assistance with my restriction as I wanted to better understand my options given that I have moved out of Boston. I am currently stuck with a no CCW Class A Target and Sport. It is May 19th and I still have not heard anything. I think a two week wait is unacceptable.

I am wondering if other people have experienced similar issues with GOAL or if this could be a rare situation where my email fell through the cracks.

I've had pretty good luck getting responses from them. I think they are trying to get some legislation through in these past couple weeks, so Jim might be pretty swamped.

Depending on the town you live in now, you will probably just have to re-apply and they'll update you to whatever they see fit. Some towns will just issue an ALP if you move from a more restricted town.

There are a few GOAL employees, here, they might have more help for you.

ive had no problems talking to GOAL through emails, i had issues with my LTC, i had to get a letter from my Doc inorder to get my CLEO's ok in Andover...they were very helpful.

Keep in mind it's a small office with only a few staffers (more people come clean my office at 5PM than GOAL has full time staff)

I would give them a call. They've always been helpful. Perhaps the email got lost in the shuffle.

I emailed them and also left a voicemail about 6 months ago with a question I had, and never received a response either way.
Thats the only experience Ive had with them, FWIW.

Like Underwhere said, GOAL has a very small staff.

Most of them are members here and you can try PMing them:

Tara
JGreen
GOAL C.M.

If they can't help you, they'll be able to get you to the person that can.

I sent a PM to Goal C.M. months ago and never got an answer so I feel your pain.
Simple question really.

I was trying to understand why the clubs in the "Outdoor message" paper they put out were not in alphabetical order (by town) so as to make it easy to find the club . I am sure there is a reason but it escapes me and is very confusing.

SO seeing as GOAL does not want to answer that, maybe someone here could?

Hi All,

If you are a GOAL member and have a question, you can call me on my cell. PM me for that number.

Any questions regarding The Outdoor Message newspaper should be directed to Michelle Siudut <[email protected]>. GOAL does not own the paper.

We handle 100's of emails and calls per day, not including folks that stop by. We will also to assist members before non-members.

Please accept my sincere apologies if you were not contacted back.

As for the location of the various clubs' newsletters, I'd guess that it's because the size of the monthly submissions from each club varies, and GOAL tries to get the best layout possible. Also, the back page has pix in color - that's prime real estate!

I generally read all the clubs' newsletters, anyways (best way to get an original idea for your club is to steal it!) so I'll find SRGC eventually. [laugh]

As for the location of the various clubs' newsletters, I'd guess that it's because the size of the monthly submissions from each club varies, and GOAL tries to get the best layout possible. Also, the back page has pix in color - that's prime real estate!

I generally read all the clubs' newsletters, anyways (best way to get an original idea for your club is to steal it!) so I'll find SRGC eventually. [laugh]

Yeah, I always figured it was for layout purposes. Means you gotta read 'em all. Not a bad thing. Never know when another club might have an event you're interested in.

Hi Curtis,

Your best bet for the issue you mentioned would be to send an email to, or call Angela Fisher, she can be reached at 508-393-5333 x206

or email [email protected]

Thanks and sorry for your troubles

PS the entire staff will be out of office tomorrow for an event.

I've tried four or five times to send email to GOAL.

At least three of those times, the email kicked back due to a 'faulty address', the other times I never got an answer.

Once I knew for sure, they hadn't shut down, I wrote it off to being small and understaffed.

I decided it was probably better having them work against bad legislation, than answer emails, and learned to accept that.

I've tried four or five times to send email to GOAL.

At least three of those times, the email kicked back due to a 'faulty address', the other times I never got an answer.

Once I knew for sure, they hadn't shut down, I wrote it off to being small and understaffed.

I decided it was probably better having them work against bad legislation, than answer emails, and learned to accept that.

I've had NO problem getting a response from them on NES or via PM.

Hi All,

If you are a GOAL member and have a question, you can call me on my cell. PM me for that number.

Any questions regarding The Outdoor Message newspaper should be directed to Michelle Siudut <[email protected]>. GOAL does not own the paper.

We handle 100's of emails and calls per day, not including folks that stop by. We will also to assist members before non-members.

THIS. I've had nothing but excellent experience with GOAL, and in particular Jon. Excellent advise, excellent classes, and an excellent resource for all of us trying to forage our way through the intentionally confusing and woefully ineffective firearms laws here is Massachusetts.

As many have mentioned it is a small office, and a non-profit - all the more reason to support them.

You can Join/Renew/Support Goal here http://www.goal.org/joingoal.html

If you aren't yet a member please consider joining now!

Last edited:
Hi All,

Good man
They always answer or follow-up with me anytime I call.
Thank You GOAL!

I think GOAL has had some technical troubles lately with some emails. But the phone works just fine [grin]. I've never had anything but friendly and attentive responses from GOAL. Their personal attention is one of the things that makes them great.

Back
Top Bottom