does anyone still have a lone wolf glock style frame from the group buy a while back?

greencobra

NES Member
i do. i bought a full size g17 size frame, built a .357 sig on it. i've since stripped it down and built up a 9mm mostly with parts hanging around. i used a swenson slide i got a while back. i stuffed the slide with glock parts i had in my spares box (including a glock firing pin/striker channel sleeve. you can't get one from glock unless you're a glock armorer.) i had to buy sights so i used truglo tfo sights. it has a kkm 9 mm barrel. i also got that for a steal from a buddy. i had a few pre bans (u notch) in the mag box and i found a pair of x2 extenders...so what the hell, right? ended up with a sweet little 9mm pistol.

a lot of people didn't get their frames if i remember, problems with manufacturing. and i know a bunch who got one ended up not liking it after all and sold them. me, i liked the thing. they was stuffed with the lone wolf deluxe triggers, has an extended slide stop and mag button. at first i didn't put the additional backstrap on. i like the 1911 feel, but eventually put it on for this version.

so for health reasons i don't get to the range much any more but did go out to do a function test and sight it in. just put 200 rounds through it and also zeroed it with my reloads. i was happy. i'm including some photos i took. i suck at phone pics so i monkeyed with the color. they might look weird, it's not your screen or eyes.

alt#2.jpg
alt#3.jpg
alt#1.jpg

I didn’t get in on the buy but had one of the early frames and built up a 40 on it. I liked the ergonomics fine but couldn’t get passed the dust cover. It bowed away from the slide at the muzzle. Drove me nuts so i sold it.

Interesting looking grip. Would you consider that a reduced size from OEM Glock? Kind of looks it, and that would probably help with my stubby fingers.

I had one and hated it, sold it for a profit. I much prefer the p80 frames even if I have to do 5min of machining

Back
Top Bottom