• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Does anyone NOT carry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I go so many places during the course of the day - that sometimes I need to think about whether or not I can do it legallay. However, I do carry when I know that I am going to be in places that would warrant it. For instance - if I am visiting clients that happens to work in an education enviroment - as a rule I will not carry. If I am in a hospital, it will depend on where in the hospital and where the location of the hospital is. If I am in Springfeild (which I am often), I carry all the time. As a matter of fact - if in Springfield (the armpit of MA) - I carry a .45 as opposed to the 9mm I usually would carry.

Ink carries as much as legally possible. I didn't get my LTC till i was 32, and i still am not bothered if i go anywhere without a gun.... but i like guns... and i bought them to carry.... and, i can hear their lonely cries in the safe... i tried giving them a nite-lite but they long for the fresh air. (and i have had people come to my shop with guns + ill intentions a few times over the years so now i don't sweat it if they do. )

So, i will carry as much as i can, not because i think i need to, but because i like to and you never know.
and and and and i carried my new Beretta 92FS ALL day! ^.^

forgive me for my erratic post.. i am just mega-happy about my Beretta,,, i've been saving for it for a while. yay!

Concealed means concealed. Do you think for one second that a slimeball gives a flying F*** about what the rules are? Carry concealed. No one knows but you. You aren't the bad guy.... but there just might be one there who couldn't care less about HR 4501 or MGL 140 or the EOPS or......

Concealed means concealed.

Are there logistical issues? Yes! Deal with them!

I do not, I really cannot understand someone with out a real reason to "carry" 3- .44 magnums 24/7(double shoulder and one in his small of the back) with out a "reason" watching TV . JMO I do not want to stop a bank robbery, they have insurance.

Last edited:
I do not, I really cannot understand someone with out a real reason to "carry" 3- .44 magnums 24/7(double shoulder and one in his small of the back) with out a "reason".
His reasons, or lack thereof, are none of your business.

I have an NH permit, but work in Mass, so don't carry during the work day. The MA non-res seems like too much of a pain to get.

I am in NH and work in MA. I do have a MA non-res no restrictions. The MA is a bit of a pain, but isn't all that bad as long as you have your ducks in a row. Now that it requires a personal interview it's a bigger inconvenience, but it's worth it to me since I'm in MA at least 5 days a week. I don't know this for sure, but I've heard reports that first time applicants are receiving restricted LTCs.

I wouldn't consider my company to be 'gun friendly' but there is nothing that prohibits it. My Kahr PM9 conceals easily with a pocket holster or virtually disappears with Thunderwear. If i have no reason to need it no one needs to know. If I do need it, keeping my job will be the last thing on my mind.

I had never really articulated my thoughts on carry until one day years ago when we were getting ready to go to a Christmas party at my wife's boss's home in Carlisle. Since I failed to put on my jacket quickly enough, y wife, who only tolerates my interest in guns noticed the 1911 on my belt. She rolled her eyes and said, "Do you really think you're going to need that?" I paused to a few seconds and calmly replied, "If I thought I'd need it, we wouldn't be going." I still get the occasional sigh, but she's never said anything about my carrying since that evening.

I'm not an LEO, and haven't been paid by Uncle Sam to kill people and break things for over 40 years, but still carry almost every day. Of course, I only carry places that I'd never expect to need a gun. Every place else, I avoid. (I had to make one exception when I visited my home town in California earlier this year. One of my brothers was carrying most of the time, and it was for my mother's funeral. Otherwise, I wouldn't set foot there with much less than a reinforced rifle company.)

Ken

I only occasionally carry as I become more used to it. I have found my S&W 642 in a pocket DeSantis Nemesis holster is pretty comfortable.

Concealed means concealed. Do you think for one second that a slimeball gives a flying F*** about what the rules are? Carry concealed. No one knows but you. You aren't the bad guy.... but there just might be one there who couldn't care less about HR 4501 or MGL 140 or the EOPS or......

Concealed means concealed.

Are there logistical issues? Yes! Deal with them!

So what happens when the day comes you need to use your firearm and you're restricted? I guess prison is better than being dead...

edit: Not saying I don't want to but if I carry and get caught in a situation then I lose my suitability and I go to prison.

Last edited:
I have my wonderful T&H restriction so I never carry. My friends who live in green towns cannot even fathom not carrying. But since I've never known any other way, I don't feel like I'm missing anything. I sure would like to be able to carry though.

It's tempting sometimes to say "what the heck" and grab a handgun before I go to certain places but I don't give into that temptation. I get mad about it and move on.

Have had my LTC no restrictions for over little over 3 years. I have carried maybe 4 or 5 times. Usually only to the range. One time because i knew i was going into a really shitty place and felt better just having it at 3am there.

Not currently carrying since I am waiting on my new holster.

In Jax?!? [shocked]

I can't carry in the hospital

Is this for legal or practical reasons? Just curious.

http://www.comptonpolicegangs.com/photo-gallery.htm

C53.jpg

[thinking]

edit: Not saying I don't want to but if I carry and get caught in a situation then I lose my suitability and I go to prison.

FYI, while I don't advocate breaking the law or an LTC restriction, just so that everyone is clear on what the law says, violation of a restricted Mass. LTC is not criminal.

MGL 140-131(a)

(a) A Class A license shall entitle a holder thereof to purchase, rent, lease, borrow, possess and carry: (i) firearms, including large capacity firearms, and feeding devices and ammunition therefor, for all lawful purposes, subject to such restrictions relative to the possession, use or carrying of firearms as the licensing authority deems proper; and (ii) rifles and shotguns, including large capacity weapons, and feeding devices and ammunition therefor, for all lawful purposes; provided, however, that the licensing authority may impose such restrictions relative to the possession, use or carrying of large capacity rifles and shotguns as it deems proper. A violation of a restriction imposed by the licensing authority under the provisions of this paragraph shall be cause for suspension or revocation and shall, unless otherwise provided, be punished by a fine of not less than $1,000 nor more than $10,000; provided, however, that the provisions of section 10 of chapter 269 shall not apply to such violation.

Civil fine and loss of LTC/guns, which makes it a very bad idea of course.

I carry almost all the time. The only times I don't are those times I "can't". That is, schools, colleges, court houses (don't spend much time there, thankfully), and whatnot. Also, wherever posted. If an establishment posts that they don't allow firearms, I usually won't spend my money there.

Like WanMan, my carry is the 642. I've grown quite comfortable with it in a Galco Stow & Go, inguinal crease. In winter, I'll use a pocket holster.

The wifey will occasionally brush against it. She doesn't like it, but realizes this:
Bad things happen by bad people everyday. It, for the most part, cannot be predicted. You may or may not be the victim of this behavior. IF the bad guy decides it is going to be you, it is going to happen. You can take it and maybe get out of it ok OR you can not take it and raise your chances of getting out of ok and with your stuff. Righting the scale back to even or to your advantage can save your life.

She trusts my judgement, learning, and temperament. She also knows that, no matter what, I'm not ever going to just let something bad happen to her or the kids.

So what happens when the day comes you need to use your firearm and you're restricted? I guess prison is better than being dead...

You've heard the saying "better judged by twelve than carried by six?"

I was fortunate enough to get an ALP license, but for those that didn't... it's a risk that you need to weigh for yourself.

FYI, while I don't advocate breaking the law or an LTC restriction, just so that everyone is clear on what the law says, violation of a restricted Mass. LTC is not criminal.

MGL 140-131(a)

Civil fine and loss of LTC/guns, which makes it a very bad idea of course.

That's very informative, thank you.

ive had my fid for many years but just turned 21 and havent got a ltc yet so no.

I don't carry all the time, usually just because my required work attire is not ccw friendly (slacks w/a button down). Thinking about picking up a bladetech or a supertuck to remedy that situation though.

That raises an interesting point. Does your work allow firearms on company property? Can't imagine many do. I've checked my employee handbook and its against policy to do so. [sad]

Last edited:
I carry all the time except for work. On work days the first thing I do when I get home is go to the safe.

I feel like I'm missing my wallet or something else if I don't have at least one on me.

I carry virtually always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom