• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Does anyone here get together for any shoots in NH?

Just wondering if any NES people do any sort of get togethers at local clubs or anywhere else. I've been holding out on joining one yet because I've been busy with some other things, but now I'm looking to join one. The closest to here are the Peterborough Sportsmens and Monadnock. Peterborough has an indoor pistol which seems good. Monadnock allows you to get membership for more than one person under a roof (which would allow me to get my girlfriend under the membership so she can shoot occasionally). Too bad they don't have an indoor (at least one they advertise?) or I'd be joining that one for sure. Just looking to get to know some shooters in the area, so I thought I'd start here since there are a lot of friendly and knowledable people; although the population on the boards is mostly in MA. Shooting by myself all winter doesn't sound like a lot of fun! I'll most likely be joining one of those two clubs soon unless I hear of anything that sounds a lot better.

Also, I'm limited to NH ranges since I don't hold an out of state license and my pistols from what I understand wouldn't be legal to cross the border with anyway.

-Tom

Tom, we do indeed plan get togethers and shoots, but all that is done in the NES Members only forum, for paid members only.

We have one such shoot scheduled this weekend (watch for pictures here a day or two afterwards) and a mil-surp shoot scheduled for January.

Over the past 6 months, we've had numerous luncheons, a car shoot in September, plus group purchases of various items.

To date there has been no shoots in NH, only in ME, VT and MA to date. All it takes is for someone to organize one but they have to be a paying member to have it a NES sanctioned event.

Many of us MA folks will commute up to NH for a shoot or get together (one of our first luncheons was at Tortilla Flats in Merrimack, NH).

Just wondering if any NES people do any sort of get togethers at local clubs or anywhere else. I've been holding out on joining one yet because I've been busy with some other things, but now I'm looking to join one. The closest to here are the Peterborough Sportsmens and Monadnock. Peterborough has an indoor pistol which seems good. Monadnock allows you to get membership for more than one person under a roof (which would allow me to get my girlfriend under the membership so she can shoot occasionally). Too bad they don't have an indoor (at least one they advertise?) or I'd be joining that one for sure. Just looking to get to know some shooters in the area, so I thought I'd start here since there are a lot of friendly and knowledable people; although the population on the boards is mostly in MA. Shooting by myself all winter doesn't sound like a lot of fun! I'll most likely be joining one of those two clubs soon unless I hear of anything that sounds a lot better.

Also, I'm limited to NH ranges since I don't hold an out of state license and my pistols from what I understand wouldn't be legal to cross the border with anyway.

-Tom

Well actually Derek (the owner/administrator of NES) is only a few miles from you.

I would also like a few shoots in NH too. But to answer your last point. Although IANAL, my understanding is you can bring your pistols to MA to an organized competition (you'll need 10 round magazines). You can't bring them to a informal get together, but a competition would be fine.

I would suggest becoming a full member of NES, and hopefully we can organize and event in NH soon.

I would like to do a shoot next spring or summer in NH. If you know of a club that will host please let me know and I will get working on it.

I'd love a NH event so everyone could bring their hi-cap mags. My club is way too small to host the event....pelham is huge, though....

I'm a member of Chester Rod and Gun and I'll ask about hosting a shoot. We've got a 150-yd rifle range.

I haven't become an NES paid member yet basically due to laziness but will do so before the week is out.

I'd love a NH event so everyone could bring their hi-cap mags. My club is way too small to host the event....pelham is huge, though....

There was an informal shoot put together at Pelham a few years back that caused a very big problem there that almost lead to the member's membership being revolked. I was there and it was ugly. If someone did get permission again to hold a shoot there, it would be under very close scrutiney. Not that we wouldn't, but we'd have to be on our best behavior.

I'd be up for this - I've got a motorcycle and I'm not afraid to use it!

I'll be watching the member's forum for this.

>>I'm a member of Chester Rod and Gun <<

This is a great club. I shoot sporting clays & 5-stand there. [grin]

Back
Top Bottom