Does anyone have Mass hunting stickers?

apparently hunters were unsafe because our shotguns didn't have enough warnings on them. so here is good old mass we have to put little green stickers on our gun barrels and they have to be in our line of sight when bring the firearm up to aim so we remember to check our target and make sure it isn't a guy in a turkey suit or something, i blame the guys in the woods in turkey suits myself, they caused this whole mess

apparently hunters were unsafe because our shotguns didn't have enough warnings on them. so here is good old mass we have to put little green stickers on our gun barrels and they have to be in our line of sight when bring the firearm up to aim so we remember to check our target and make sure it isn't a guy in a turkey suit or something, i blame the guys in the woods in turkey suits myself, they caused this whole mess

Day 1 of turkey season saw the wooded area north of my turn into a zoo of turkey hunters. I saw tons of hunters come to this area. I had never seen a hunter during turkey season here previously. I used to see twenty hens and a tom or two in the front yard every day. My friends, neighbors, and co-workers are all talking about the massive amounts of turkey. However, since day 1 of the season I have only seen men in camouflage.

I think that the turkeys are lot smarter than people give them credit.

First it was optional. Now it is mandatory. According to the brain trust at the MA F&G, I have to put a bright green sticker on my shotgun to remind myself to be sure that I am shooting at a turkey and not some human dressed in camo squacking on a turkey call.

How insulting!!! Whats next? Sticker photos of a buck deer on your gun to remind you to shoot a buck and not a doe?? If you are in the woods and ready to take a shot and havnt already gone through a mental safety checklist - you shouldnt be in the woods. Who thinks of this stupid sh&%%!!!

I thought this was a joke at first. :(

I was there with a hidden camera ....

MA Legislator #1: So, what group should we mess with today.

MA Legisltoar #2: Umm, dunno, how 'bout the hunters.

MA Legislator #1: You're going places #2, what's that smell, oh, never mind... we can always mess with the hunters.

MA Legislator #2: How about if we make all he hunters jump up and down three times while yelling "Watch out Deer/Turkey/Ducky/Goosey/(other game bird), I'm about to shoot you! Run away!"

MA Legislator #1: Oh... my... God..., You're a freaking genius... we'll save that one for the 2012 elections.

MA Legislator #2: I got nothing else... except for the banning knives and forks idea I've been mullling over....

MA Legislator #1: How about... for now we make the hunter feel so stupid, we turn them off on the sport forever... Maybe we could make them attach a sticker to their guns saying " Hey Dumbass, make sure you're pointing your WEAPON at a turkey before you fire!"

MA Legislator #2: "just to be PC, although the dummy hunters don't care about being PC... Tccchh... we should remove "Hey Dumbass".

MA Legislator #1: Bingo! we nailed it!

MA Legislator #2: I'm good.

MA Legislator #1: Let's go out for a drink to celebrate.

MA Legislator #2: Sorry dude, I'm already way too wasted.

I actually am at a loss for words, I almost was able to comprehend what the hell the good stickers were for but then my brain crashed. If the barrel of a shotgun isn't enough to remind you of whats behind your target while your raising the barrel of a shotgun, you've got problems a green sticker can't solve.

They can tell you the stickers are a reminder of where to point you're shotgun but if I were you I'd use them as a reminder to vote.

I hav been turkey hunting 2 times this week and saw nothing. on the way to work i saw 2 large toms all puted up. there beards must have been atleast 8 inches long.

The original point of this thread was to obtain these stickers from someone who had some extras...

Does anyone have a sticker for me?
Good point.
Do you have a Mass Wildlife District office near you? EPOs usually have them if you see one in the area.

If you can wait, I have some I can snail mail you. I live in Carver, so if I get them in the mail Monday, I guessing you should get them Thursday or Friday.

Kurt

Sorry - We did get off topic but I had to vent. If you are near a F&G office you can stop buy and they'll give you some. I got mine at Westboro office when I got my permit late.

The Massachusetts State Legislature: Still Crazy After All These Years
paul_simon_S.jpg

Ken

This is one of the many reasons I refuse to hunt in MA. I drive 11+ hours south to VA where I can hunt on my own land (1) without a license from anyone alleging that the animals belong to the Commonwealth; (2) without stickers - wtf is that?; (3) without environmental police stalking me; and (4) without the legislature telling me my 15 round magazine is just too dangerous to possess.

Stupid, non-sensical laws passed by people who don't even know how to shoot a gun. Makes perfect sense.

Back
Top Bottom