Does anyone have experience with the Sig 516??

Aim has the uppers for short money. A friend is looking for a new upper for his registered MG lower. I thought this might be a fit.

Thoughts?

Ahh I don't know squat about the full auto parts in action but basically any standard full auto bolt carrier assembly is probably all that's needed..

However these piston uppers might be the one thing that potentially throws a wrench in the works.

There are manufacturers that guarantee uppers for full auto use. Daniel Defense is one. Not that it should make a difference but it means they are not cutting corners and making assumptions about civilian use.

I'm afraid you misunderstood my question. Or I stated it unclearly. ha.

I know it will work. I've actually played around with (legal) select fire AR variants for 20 years.

I'm trying to see if anyone knows how well this actual upper works. Whether its reliable and can stand up to thousands of rounds of full auto, often suppressed, use.

My friend is currently just buying Palmetto State Armory cheapie uppers and then selling them for pennies when they get burned up. I thought that a piston upper from a reputable manufacturer, rather than one of the flash in the pan manufacturers that popped up 10 years ago when pistons were all the rage, might be worthlooking at.

Much less maintenance and cleaning in theory when shooting large volumes full auto with a can.

Resurrecting this thread. I have a 516 upper in front of me that someone gave me to evaluate. It does not have the piston. It has a tube and gas block. Did Sig make a 516 non-piston upper?

I'm afraid you misunderstood my question. Or I stated it unclearly. ha.

I know it will work. I've actually played around with (legal) select fire AR variants for 20 years.

I'm trying to see if anyone knows how well this actual upper works. Whether its reliable and can stand up to thousands of rounds of full auto, often suppressed, use.

My friend is currently just buying Palmetto State Armory cheapie uppers and then selling them for pennies when they get burned up. I thought that a piston upper from a reputable manufacturer, rather than one of the flash in the pan manufacturers that popped up 10 years ago when pistons were all the rage, might be worthlooking at.

Much less maintenance and cleaning in theory when shooting large volumes full auto with a can.
If he has that kind of money who cares he should just be buying them and testing them out on a lark if it's junk it's not like he's going to be bankrupt.. 🤣 tell him to grow a pair and buy a couple

Back
Top Bottom