Does anyone have a Ruger Charger 22?

VetteGirlMA

NES Member
If you do, I'd be interested in what plus or minuses you may have about it. I came across it online but I have never seen one in person. I would to hear what someone who owns one thinks about it. Is it too heavy to hold or just right? Is it accurate? etc.

Pretty sure it's considered an "Assault weapon" in MA. Pistol with a detachable mag in front of the grip.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to confirm or deny

Man this state just keeps sucking and sucking. All I want to do is to get a really cool .22, not anything high powered or anything crazy, just something for fun. What a bunch of crap. What are my options, old timey huntin' rifle looking things or a MA neutered 15-22?

Ruger charger is next best thing to an SBR'd 10/22

If you do, I'd be interested in what plus or minuses you may have about it. I came across it online but I have never seen one in person. I would to hear what someone who owns one thinks about it. Is it too heavy to hold or just right? Is it accurate? etc.
Riley's usually has one or two Chargers in stock -- last case on the right immediately after you walk in the door, with the 2245's and all the other .22 pistols.

The charger is a little heavy and oddly balanced for offhand shooting, mine came with the new BX-15 magazine, works great on a bipod, no less accurate than any other 10/22.

All I want to do is to get a really cool .22, not anything high powered or anything crazy, just something for fun. What a bunch of crap. What are my options, old timey huntin' rifle looking things or a MA neutered 15-22?
Well, I do like the CZ 452. But the right answer is clearly that you need to get a machine gun license and pick up a nice American 180, only $12K. Or go for a M11/9 with a Lage upper.

Last edited:
Man this state just keeps sucking and sucking. All I want to do is to get a really cool .22, not anything high powered or anything crazy, just something for fun. What a bunch of crap. What are my options, old timey huntin' rifle looking things or a MA neutered 15-22?

The AWB is exactly about banning really cool things. Power has nothing to do with AWB, just cool.

If you want one badly enough, you can make a 10/22 SBR legally, assuming you jump through all the hoops on a federal level.

I came across a LNIB take-down charger for 248.00 in my LGS and snapped it up. Tons of fun ringing steel flip-up galleries at the range. I don't think I'd hunt with it, I've got better pistols for that, it's strictly a bench/range toy. Wife loves it.

I bought one years ago, mainly for the "coolness" factor. Fun to blast away with, much the same as with my Drako, without the muzzle blast.

Ruger 10-22 target tactical. Amazing looking and awesome 10-22! The bull barrel is perfect at keeping the rifle on target when using the bipod due to the weight......FAST follow up shots are so damn fun......we hit the metal plates at 50 and 100 yards as fast as you can squeeze the trigger.....ping ping ping ping! So steady you can see the bullet impact the steel with a good scope! Still balanced well enough to shoot off hand for rim fire plate competitions. My son has shot many "clean" matches at the club shooting off hand. And they just look so amazing.

pic216-vi.jpgwm_2929394.jpg

Last edited:
Could always get 2 10-22 rifles, add the Gatling kit and really annoy a liberal.

204671_ts.jpg

Or, if you have some extra cash lying around, start looking for one of these...

hqdefault.jpg

Full auto belt fed 1919 scale model in .22

Back
Top Bottom