• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Does anyone else have this problem with 1911's

I just ordered one of the Harrison triggers. I'm having Lou at BEC fit mine for me as I don't trust myself doing it haha.

I have long fingers and prefer the "long" triggers since it will be more comfortable for my long trigger finger. I think if I went with the short trigger, I would be able to wrap my finger around the trigger and touch the frame by a lot. I already have a tough time making room for my support hand on the side of the frame since my fingers (on strong hand) wrap around the frame so much lol.

Now please school me in the difference between small, medium and long triggers, I do not tinker with gunsmithing especially on one of my carry guns, so I will have it done by a professional.

It just affects reach. If you get an SVI trigger you can experiment with different inserts.

Now please school me in the difference between small, medium and long triggers, I do not tinker with gunsmithing especially on one of my carry guns, so I will have it done by a professional.

Length .
60d92da0b9171685e4686f128c2c488d.jpg

Go to a hardware store or Walmart and get a hard eraser, cut a piece, glue it in the hole and your done...

You can also buy wood plugs that are used for filling a hole, glue one of those in and sand it down...

Cheap, Easy Fix that should last for awhile (or forever)...

You might even get away with something like JB Weld, put some of that in the hole, sand it down and that should last forever also...

Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom