Does Anyone Appendix Carry?

And the bigger question...Does anyone find it comfortable? I will disclose that I am trying it with a rather heavy revolver (all steel Ruger Speed Six with 2.75" barrel). It's fine when standing but sitting is not all that comfortable. There are two benefits that I have found though. 1, I can conceal a decent size firearm quite well and 2, the draw is very quick. Anyone have any luck with specific holsters for appendix carry? I will give this a try for a bit, but may have to switch to a hybrid holster carried in the 3-5 o'clock position for the comfort factor.

I carry a sig .239 in about the 1oclock position in a Crossbreed Supertuck appendix carry. It's awesome. I do find it uncomfortable trying to bend over and tie my right shoe sometimes, that's about it. I also carry mine very low it seems compared to others

I have been practicing drawing from a seated position in a car with the seatbelt on as it is something I think of as a con to the position

Last edited:
Glock 17 here, you wouldn't even know it's there. Again, personal preference, body type have a lot to do with it. I find it comfortable, no problem sitting laying, crawling etc.

What kind of holster are you rocking?
Pics of how it sits?

I usually have to make a slight adjustment when getting in a vehicle or sitting down.

G26 appendix in a 508 Holster is my preferred spot.

Last edited:
I'm a skinny guy and I appendix carry my PM9 in a High Noon Upper Cut holster. It rides higher above the belt, which is way more comfortable for me. I find it's easier to draw and the muzzle isn't pushing into my leg when seated or crouching.

I don't think High Noon makes revolver holsters, but I'm sure there's another brand that rides high and may be more comfortable with your Ruger. Assuming it's a muzzle jabbing your leg issue.

Last edited:
I've tried it, but haven't been able to make it work yet. I'm 5' 9", 180 lbs, and a good 20 lbs overweight, so I've got a gut. I have two problems with appendix carry which I have been unable to solve: 1) my gut pushes the butt of the gun outwards, resulting in a lot of printing and 2) when sitting down the muzzle jabs into me, and becomes painful relatively quickly.

I've tried appendix carry with a Glock 19/23, and I found that the butt just printed too much. None of the appendix holsters that I've tried pulled the butt in tight enough. I ended up switching to a Glock 26, which helped the printing somewhat. The shorter butt of the Glock 26 made it easier to conceal, but it was still thick, and my gut still made it print.

I tried the Raven Concealment VG2. It is a minimalist holsters, with very little bulk. It was the most comfortable. Unfortunately, it let the gun move around too much. The gun would rotate butt downwards, and the butt would print like crap.

I tried the Comp Tac 2 o'clock holster. I found it terribly uncomfortable and it didn't hold the gun in tight enough.

I tried the Edgeworks Incog holster. It was more comfortable than the Comp Tac, less comfortable than the VG2, and still printed too much.

Perhaps my next try with appendix carry should be with one of my Kahrs. They are a lot thinner than the Glocks. I've got no idea how some of you can appendix carry a gun as large as a Glock 17. If I sat down, that slide would be jammed into my pelvis, the butt would be levered out by my gut, and I would be one unhappy camper.

Raven Concealment has come out with a new appendix carry holster, the Eidolon. It looks to solve the problem of the butt sticking out, but it looks bulky as hell.

I appendix carry my Kahr PM9 at 1pm in a PJ’s kydex holster with a J-hook. The gun is small and very light, so I can carry there all day long. J-hook allows for quick on/off.

I’m not sure that I could appendix carry a large revolver. I doubt it, actually.

I appendix carry my Kahr PM9 at 1pm in a PJ’s kydex holster with a J-hook. The gun is small and very light, so I can carry there all day long. J-hook allows for quick on/off.

I’m not sure that I could appendix carry a large revolver. I doubt it, actually.

Yeah, I hear you. It's not super comfortable. Probably not the best CCW piece, but it does have a great trigger and the weight makes shooting it more comfortable. Also, I have the option of carrying it with .357 loads.

I'm a skinny guy and I appendix carry my PM9 in a High Noon Upper Cut holster. It rides higher above the belt, which is way more comfortable for me. I find it's easier to draw and the muzzle isn't pushing into my leg when seated or crouching.

I don't think High Noon makes revolver holsters, but I'm sure there's another brand that rides high and may be more comfortable with your Ruger. Assuming it's a muzzle jabbing your leg issue.

Yup, the muzzle digging into my leg while seated is the biggest issue.

Yup, the muzzle digging into my leg while seated is the biggest issue.
maybe try a holster that sits a little higher, or is adjustable so you can cant it if needed? I had this issue with my sig and my g19 but was able to get comfortable with both by adjusting the holsters

for reference I am 6' 225lb, but my body is wide, hips are wide and much of my fat is on my sides, made carrying anywhere near the hip almost impossible for me to conceal

When carrying my 642 or 638 I appendix carry in a Desantis Summer Heat if I'm not pocket carrying in a Mika holster.
-mike

I appendix carry either my Springfield XD sub-compact or Sig P938; both are in DeSantis Tuck This II holsters. Standing is comfortable, sitting is ok. In the car I almost always take it out and put it in the door. Easy to grab and in case of a car accident I don't have it slamming into my abdomen by the seatbelt.

Comp-Tac 2-O'Clock and Alpha Concealment offer very good appendix holsters.

Just goes to show how personal holster fit is. IIRC, you carry a Glock 19. I tried carrying a Glock 23 in a Comp Tac 2 O'clock holster. I found it to be very uncomfortable. The muzzle dug in to my leg. And it didn't hold the butt of the gun close enough to stop it from printing. Also, with a single clip, I found that it wasn't stable. If I sat down and then stood up, I had to adjust the holster because it had rotated.

So it works great for you, but it was a miss for me. One more addition to the box of holsters in the basement...

I'm quite sure that I couldn't.

- - - Updated - - -

A big issue for me as well.

You need to try my 229 with the Dale Fricke Archangel with the Butt Tuck adapter and the Extra girth pad. I also went with the hard loop and really like the holster.

I also use a Custom Carry Concepts Shaggy for my Shield and one for a Sig P6. They also tuck the butt against the body but not quite as comfortable as the Fricke holster.

I recently started appendix carrying a Glock 26 in a G-Code INCOG. I've got a little bit of a belly, but not so much that it causes problems. As far as sitting down goes, I've found it helpful to hike up my pants a bit before I sit. Makes it a bit more comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom