Does Anybody Have a Mr. Bulletfeeder?

EddieCoyle

Consigliere
NES Member
I got a Mr. Bulletfeeder for my 1050 and I'm using Xtreme 9mm 147 Gr HPs. My problem is that about every 5th bullet feeds upside down. Does anybody have any insight as to how to correct this? If it keeps up, I'm sending it back.

I didn't watch the video posted by @dgrantdoherty but their setup vids on YouTube are pretty helpful.

Basically, you have to fool around with the plastic shims for the bullet you are using to get the correct rotation. It helps being above the bullet feeder while it's running just so you can see what's going on.

I try to keep a chart for what bullets require what shim stacks, as the height may change, even going from one bullet to another in the same caliber.

I didn't watch the video posted by @dgrantdoherty but their setup vids on YouTube are pretty helpful.

Basically, you have to fool around with the plastic shims for the bullet you are using to get the correct rotation. It helps being above the bullet feeder while it's running just so you can see what's going on.

I try to keep a chart for what bullets require what shim stacks, as the height may change, even going from one bullet to another in the same caliber.
Glad you liked the video [rofl] .

I got a Mr. Bulletfeeder for my 1050 and I'm using Xtreme 9mm 147 Gr HPs. My problem is that about every 5th bullet feeds upside down. Does anybody have any insight as to how to correct this? If it keeps up, I'm sending it back.
Mine was doing that, its the angle you set the hopper. Its very touchy for that round. Assuming the spacers are correct. Also the spacers can loosen. I tape mine now on the edge.

I have one on my XL650, but haven't used it much lately. It is very temperamental. You have to have everything configured just right - angle of the hopper, the right number of shims, etc. The online videos are very helpful, but I still have never gotten it to 100%.

I have a 3d printed "copy" - needed to create a new flipper plate to get reliable feeding (nose up or down)

Those bullets should flip reliably.

Are you getting base down bullets that are flipping or nose down that aren't sliding out to be flipped?

@EddieCoyle do you have an auto drive setup or hand cranking it? I did have issues every now and again with my auto drive. The machine was a little faster than the bullet feeder, so with the bullet feel cranked at full speed, I would get a flipped bullet every few hundred or so. But not the rate at which you are experiencing.

I have one on my XL 650 ( load 380,9mm,40cal,45acp ) , it did take a little patience and adjustment, watch a few You Tube videos and make some small adjustments it works great including Rifle ( .223, 300 BLK ).

@EddieCoyle do you have an auto drive setup or hand cranking it? I did have issues every now and again with my auto drive. The machine was a little faster than the bullet feeder, so with the bullet feel cranked at full speed, I would get a flipped bullet every few hundred or so. But not the rate at which you are experiencing.
Nope. I'm pulling the handle.

I found that by getting a stool and looking inside to watch exactly what was happening, I was able to adjust the ramp parts into the sweet spot.

As already mentioned you need to play around with the plastic shims. I found that using one fat one was better than a bunch of skinny one. But it did take a while to die tune it. Also, what the overall angle on the MrBuller feeder bowl as that will effect the projectiles.

Learned a little more today. The stack of bullets in the feeder die assist in setting the bullet properly in the case if the bell mouth is correct. If a 380 sneaks through it won’t set properly. We all know that. If a slightly over size case gets in the weight of the bullet stack drives it too deep. Deep enough to drop two bullets. Also if the bullet size is slightly under same thing happens. I am getting roughly 3 oversized cases per 300, I can live with that. I get about the same on undersized bullets. I have my machine set to load 800 bph which seems to be my machines sweetspot. Plenty fast for me.

Last edited:
I'm late to the party again but I found that you can play with shims but increasing the angle of the Hopper solved all my issues. My hopper is over

Anyone play around with one of these?
Was thinking of picking one up for those 4-600 batch runs

Lead lube hangs it up at times and I keep a few loose on my tray to pop in and give the tower a tap to settle them. Coated and jacketed work smoothly. Not ideal for lead but I'm not bothered by the occasional hang ups.

Anyone play around with one of these?
Was thinking of picking one up for those 4-600 batch runs

I had one, upgraded to its father I liked it so much.

Back
Top Bottom