• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Does a Out of State Florida License to carry allow MA residents to buy guns in NH?

Hey guys a fellow co-worker told me that a Fl out of state LTC allows me to buy guns in NH, I think hes just lying but does anyone know if this is correct? And I have an Out of state LTC for NH I just want to know if either qualifies me to buy guns in NH say the Kittery trading post? I cant seem to get the rest of this website to work on my phone so I'm just asking thanks guys

You can buy long guns in any state, but handgun purchases in other states have to go from an FFL in that state to one in your home state to you.

Carry licenses have absolutely nothing to do with buying handguns.

You cannot buy a handgun direct in another state other than your state of residency. You can buy something out of state but it has to be transferred in, via an MA FFL (I'm guessing you live in MA, otherwise you wouldn't have bothered asking this question) and all the wonderful compliance c-blocking that (might) comes with that.

This is mandated by federal law and not state law. So this "problem" exists everywhere in the US, although its less noticeable in the rest of the country because outside of the communist states, transferring a handgun isn't usually a
big deal.

-Mike

Last edited:
I bet his co-worker has a CCW badge.
I thought CCW sashes where the in-thing now? [wink]

images

Doesn't KTP have a "satellite" store in NH for gun sales?

Used to, I imagine it's still there so us free staters can buy tax free kittery firearms. Though... I don't shop at KTP ever since they pulled that stunt doing a FOIA request for all hunting license data a couple years ago... scum bags...

KTP doesn't have a satellite store in NH. They have their one store, but if you are a NH resident and buy a pistol, they will drive it across the border for you and you take delivery of it in a small room on the route 1 bypass.

My understanding is they are set up as a NH FFL and ME FFL. The financial transaction was done in the ME store but no tax was charged and I believe it was rung in differently in their system to reflect a NH transaction. Then we drove down Rt 1 to NH to this little store front and I remember signing the paperwork in NH. This was 2 years ago as I recall.

Probably not, but a florida drivers license will, with the exception of handguns which must go through an ffl in home state. Kittery does have an ffl in nh but theyre in kittery maine.

No. Just no.

Actually, if his co-worker is only into long guns, it is true. A lot of gun owners have multiple trap guns or hunting guns but not a single hand gun so as far as it affects them, its true. Fortunately, if he was referring to hand guns, he wouldn't be able to get himself into trouble over bad advice since no dealer would sell to him.

If I recall correctly, Kittery ran the NH FFL subsidiary ever since the contiguous state law went into effect. That is no longer in effect, but when it was, it opened up MA and VT for transfers via a NH FFL when ME could not due to not being a contiguous state. These days, a 7% ME sales tax is a sum that can kill a deal on a couple grand worth of weapons when you consider another state.

Back
Top Bottom