• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Doctor won't OK LTC in North Andover

MA sucks when it comes to guns... and it's crazy to hear that he needs a note like that... but on the other hand why not just just get a physical and get it over with. The reward is two fold... not only will he get the letter but also know his health condition. A doctor could detect such things as cancer during a routine screening... it's only to his benefit...

mass firearms training course - $100

license application fee - $100

having to get your balls fondled and prostate checked in order to legally own a firearm - PRICELESS.

Last edited:
How odd that the lawyers feel a 'strategic litigation fund' would be the best use of funds collected.

FWIW I'm not a lawyer and I agree.

Except for the fact that jcohen has stated repeatedly that he would not accept payment from the fund.

I have nothing but respect for Jesse, but he's not the only lawyer in MA. If he wants to work pro-bono, that's great and I applaud him, but not everyone can. (Or should.)

mass firearms training course - $100

license application fee - $100

having to get your balls fondled and prostate checked in order to legally own a firearm - PRICELESS.

it's really worth it... I'd want to be around to shoot for many years than not know I have cancer...

How odd that the lawyers feel a 'strategic litigation fund' would be the best use of funds collected.

Yeah...maybe they should take their practices and do something more lucrative...that way we'll have no one to defend us. I don't think supporting them here could hurt really.

Plus Jesse gives a lot of free stuff away..... [wink][wink]

If that is the case, then how can anyone who has not had the same doctor for their entire life get a doctor to sign off on this?

No shit............Where did the idea that one is obligated to keep going to the same doctor come from?

They are just service providers like everyone else. If they suck they get fired.

Have you tried getting a primary care physician in MA recently?! Took me six months, Its almost worse than trying to get an LTC in this state. Hell it'd be faster to just suck it up and get a physical after the doc gives you your letter call him a few choice words and move on.

Yeah...maybe they should take their practices and do something more lucrative...that way we'll have no one to defend us. I don't think supporting them here could hurt really.

Plus Jesse gives a lot of free stuff away..... [wink][wink]

Scrivener has a practice? With clients?

Just pointing out the obvious self interest of lawyers in a litigation fund.

Jesse IS a great guy.

I say submit the app without the letter and let COP deny the application on those grounds. Then hand it over to GOAL or one of our esteemed barristers from there.

Nice! This may ultimately be the answer, though I doubt you'll have an easy time getting anyone to step up to the plate.

I say submit the app without the letter and let COP deny the application on those grounds. Then hand it over to GOAL or one of our esteemed barristers from there.

That's like being in a fist fight and letting the other guy hit you first.

Back
Top Bottom