• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Doctor ‘removed’ from Cape Cod Hospital in Hyannis for having unloaded rifle

It occurs to me...

That most of us are expressing opinions about this without knowing exactly what went down, how, and what kind of rifle the good Dr actually had.

Unless there has been a follow-up to the story answering all these questions.
That’s why Internet forums were created. To fill in blanks with speculation, misinformation, conspiracy theories and such. With the occasional personal attack or insult thrown in.

In my training it was specifically mentioned that it was. Can you point me to the mgl that says it is not? Thanks!
I have no doubt that they mentioned it that way. There are two possibilities here: ...
1. The people spouting this actually believe it,
2. They are intentionally spouting internal policy/rules as law so that there will be no/little push-back that they would have to deal with.
I will more believe readily possibility 2, just like many gun stores tell people something is illegal (but it isn't) to just make them go away and mute any arguments.
At first I thought @bmac10 meant "hospital employee training".

But the more I looked at it, the more I think his "my training" just means
the Mass gun law component of his LTC's mandatory HFS class.

He could of course disambiguate that for us...

At first I thought @bmac10 meant "hospital employee training".

But the more I looked at it, the more I think his "my training" just means
the Mass gun law component of his LTC's mandatory HFS class.

He could of course disambiguate that for us...
Hell, if that is the case, many/most firearms instructors spew BS as "law" when teaching the MA gun law info.

I've personally witnessed NRA Instructors (one was also an FFL and gunsmith) tell the gullible that you can't carry in a bank, synagogue/church, etc. in MA (these places are off-limits in some states, but MA isn't one of those). I've read gun owners spout that since the USPO is a semi-gov't agency that it's legal to carry there . . . no it isn't and a federal court has ruled as such.

Had a Drs appt at the Brigham a couple weeks ago, he brought up shooting to me and said he goes to Fin Fur and Feather to shoot rifle. Hope it’s not the same guy he seemed pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom