• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Doctor ‘removed’ from Cape Cod Hospital in Hyannis for having unloaded rifle

I work for MGB and received a reminder email that firearms, loaded or unloaded are not permitted on any MGB campus.
I guess they really learned their lesson after that patient saved the shrink with some quality marksmanship.

If this doc was a resident, he is doubly screwed as his evaluation would be critical in the next phases of his career - particularly if he wants to get into a lucrative specialty rather than being a primary care doc taking care of low grade stuff and referring patients to $peciali$t$ for the really expen$ive $tuff. I would expect a resident at Cape Cod Hospital would be an MD who did OK in med school and the standardized tests, but it's probably not one of the most selective residency programs.

Last edited:
I’m sorry but can someone point out to me in MGL where his actions were illegal?

This is mASSachusetts. We don't need no stinking MGL. If you're in the right, you can make up laws as you go and you're fine.

This seems to be a case of "poking the bear". When the bear (hospital and cops) poke back, you shouldn't be surprised.

Sad to say, that in this state that probably is irrelevant. Unless you have the money and connections to fight this case in court, you are most likely screwed. Even if you won, you will be remembered as the crazy doctor who brought a gun into a hospital (with unknown intentions).

All of which is just another reason why many of us are leaving or plan to leave this god-forsaken state.

Or he could run for public office.

Oh wait. I'm getting Shivers and the crazy doctor that got busted with a ho and gun and fought the gun charge mixed up, I think. Both seemed a bit off. One was local NES. One was just deranged and trying to explain how he was defrauded of a Senate seat. LOL

I'm ASSuming the rifle was cased, if so, the doctor should have said it is an expensive fishing pole that he didn't feel was safe leaving in his car that was parked in the crime infested hospital parking lot. The doctor in the past could have liked to run his mouth about his collection to scare the sheep around him, like a few I used to work with, and the case instilled fear in the sheep.
The other situation may be that doctors are more transient. They bounce from state to state every couple of years or sooner and forget that each state and hospital has its own firearms laws or policies or just don't care until they caught because they realize how dangerous the job can be and refuse to be a victim. Being threatened, punched, kicked, spit on, is the norm in the ED.
Only the bad guys are allowed to have loaded, not locked or cased, firearms or very large Bowie knives on them when they enter the hospital. Employees find them all the time in the pockets of their Armani suits, inside their custom made high end shoes or boots, under the pillows on the bed, or in the bedside tables / nightstands. Occasionally they get left behind in the parking lot from under the stolen vehicle they left in, along with a bag of coke.
This is another example of there is more to the story that needs to be known.

all of these damn hospitals are woke anti-gun meccas.
this doctor knew this, and probably is WELL AWARE of a NO GUNS ON THE PREMISES rule.

So, i am having a hard time shedding a tear for him.
just leave the frigin rifle in your trunk. its not rocket science

Stupid doctor? How many would say that stupid doctor if the doctor refused the vaccine? It kills me that a mask and a vaccine gets everyone's panties in a twist but your right to bear arms.. Meh.

Paul

Wow!

That is some first post for a supposedly five-year member.

This is why you need to get (Form 4) or make (Form 1) an SBR if you want to legally carry a loaded rifle in MA.
The only form that I ever remember completing is a ATF form at Rileys, which is the only place I have ever bought guns. When I applied for my FID in 1978, Lt. Joseph Golden (Lawrence Police Department) completed some form, had me sign it, charged me $2.00, and asked for my signature. In 1998, an administrative assistant completed the new FID form, took fingerprints and photographs, and had me sign it electronically. I do not remember what those forms were called, but the only guns I have ever owned in my entire life have been rifles and shotguns and the only permits I ever was issued were FID and S1 hunting/fishing combo licenses.

The only form that I ever remember completing is a ATF form at Rileys, which is the only place I have ever bought guns. When I applied for my FID in 1978, Lt. Joseph Golden (Lawrence Police Department) completed some form, had me sign it, charged me $2.00, and asked for my signature. In 1998, an administrative assistant completed the new FID form, took fingerprints and photographs, and had me sign it electronically. I do not remember what those forms were called, but the only guns I have ever owned in my entire life have been rifles and shotguns and the only permits I ever was issued were FID and S1 hunting/fishing combo licenses.
you have renewed your FID....right?

This is in the realm of NFA - not the stuff for long gun and handgun purchases.

I use a heavy duty truck box mounted behind the cab of my Tacoma. It locks securely and would certainly meet the MA standard for a locked container. It also satisfies FOPA, since the rifles and shotguns I transport in there are not accessible by either driver or passengers.
Locked container is not required for storage or transport of a non-large capacity long gun, in DPRM.

I work in Cambridge. If I walked into work with a rifle (cased or not), the city would go into lockdown for about a week. There would be news helicopters in the air for the massive security incident across the river...no word on how many have been killed or wounded

I work in Cambridge. If I walked into work with a rifle (cased or not), the city would go into lockdown for about a week. There would be news helicopters in the air for the massive security incident across the river...no word on how many have been killed or wounded
Up until 1998 people walked down Mass Ave in Cambridge with shotguns slung over their shoulder that they purchased at Roaches or Service Merchandise and no one cared.

The latest...

Nothing really new. Just a few more details (like he never really entered the hospital, just the nearby medical center building).

Hyannis is a shithole with all the bums and junkies. Someone already said it but he probably was worried about leaving it in his vehicle. I wonder if it would have been the same reaction if he was carrying a pistol on his belt(covered of course)
The Kennedy family should open their properties to the homeless.

The latest...

Nothing really new. Just a few more details (like he never really entered the hospital, just the nearby medical center building).

"Cape Cod Healthcare officials "will cooperate fully" with the police investigation, Kane said in an earlier written statement."

If he had an LTC and was willing to leave when told to, then what are the police investigating?

"Cape Cod Healthcare officials "will cooperate fully" with the police investigation, Kane said in an earlier written statement."

If he had an LTC and was willing to leave when told to, then what are the police investigating?
Don't know, but I'm sure they'll do their best to come up with something. [thinking]

Hyannis is a shithole with all the bums and junkies. ... The Kennedy family should open their properties to the homeless.
You mean besides all the bums and junkies
in the Kennedy family itself, right?

I love the photo of the spice rack which is better than Homer Simpson's.

And how excited must the Cape Cod Times reporter have been
to spot issues of the Cape Cod Times at the homeless encampment?
I'm thinking, more excited than Imus spotting a Jeep at Arafat's burial.

Probably just came back from Toby’s.
This is the only Tobie's I know of:
Try to keep up.

And that's WRONG. We need to work hard to teach the morons of mASSachusetts that their normal "lurnd-on-tee-vee" reaction is WRONG!

Back
Top Bottom