Doctor ‘removed’ from Cape Cod Hospital in Hyannis for having unloaded rifle

When I lived on the Cape (86 to 90) Hyannis' cops were wound tighter than regular ones and the summer cops were total dips. Has to be more to this story. Why was it not in a case? Heck, he could have wrapped it in his doctor coat!

He was dime'd out.
The headlines misleading.

I'll take a swing at how this went-
Doc picks up a new rifle at bass pro or used florbert rifle out of the n.e.s. classifieds on the way into work.
Guy walks to his office with a long black case.
Someone sees case and assumes its either a mark 19 or an m249.
After making a few virtue signaling tok-face videos, that someone calls the police (while filming on tok-face)
Cops show up with 2 Bradley tanks, a swat team and a surplus ah-64 to apprehend said potential killing machine.

Maybe it was cased - the article says

A spokesperson for Cape Cod Hospital says a worker at the Hyannis campus reported to officials about the possibility that a physician walked into the hospital carrying a rifle on Thursday.

So, it seems like a see (or suspect) something, say something deal. Guess security's frequent rounds and video monitoring missed it....

Article should have stated clearly no laws were broken or violated. The rifle on the property is between the owner and the employer. The hospital will be in a much worse position for their attitude now as doctors are in short supply at Cape Cod Hospital.

This seems to be a case of "poking the bear". When the bear (hospital and cops) poke back, you shouldn't be surprised.

I’m sorry but can someone point out to me in MGL where his actions were illegal?

Sad to say, that in this state that probably is irrelevant. Unless you have the money and connections to fight this case in court, you are most likely screwed. Even if you won, you will be remembered as the crazy doctor who brought a gun into a hospital (with unknown intentions).

All of which is just another reason why many of us are leaving or plan to leave this god-forsaken state.

This seems to be a case of "poking the bear". When the bear (hospital and cops) poke back, you shouldn't be surprised.

Sad to say, that in this state that probably is irrelevant. Unless you have the money and connections to fight this case in court, you are most likely screwed. Even if you won, you will be remembered as the crazy doctor who brought a gun into a hospital (with unknown intentions).

All of which is just another reason why many of us are leaving or plan to leave this god-forsaken state.
So what would the charges read like? What law was broken?
I’m not being a dick. I’m asking a real question.

So what would the charges read like? What law was broken?
I’m not being a dick. I’m asking a real question.

You are asking the wrong guy. I'm not going to try to second-guess the legal system. Or give their actions any validity.

If the hospital has a no-weapons policy they will probably use that as a basis. That and the over-whelming tactical response.

You are asking the wrong guy. I'm not going to try to second-guess the legal system. Or give their actions any validity.

If the hospital has a no-weapons policy they will probably use that as a basis. That and the over-whelming tactical response.
They will charge him with disorderly conduct or some crap catch all charge

Assume for the moment that there was no evil intent to bringing in teh gun.
Assume he was inevitably getting fired and/or losing his visiting privs.

But "they" "confiscated" the rifle.
On what pretext?

I wonder what would have happened
if as soon as he realized that the situation was going pear-shaped,
he noped the F out of there with the gun,
and straight-armed everyone who tried to detain or disarm him
with "I have to leave the premises to avoid committing criminal trespass"?

Because at the macro level it's no different than getting booted out of
any other commercial (civil, non-statutory) GFZ.
It's only a crime if you refuse to leave.

Wait.

People here want to dogpile on the doc for being stupid.

NO!!! The hospital and the Karens who ratted him out are stupid. WTH we are our own worst enemies sometimes.

ETA. Unloaded rifle. Probably in a case. Probably bringing it to his own personal office.

Literally nothing wrong with that.

Wait.

People here want to dogpile on the doc for being stupid.

NO!!! The hospital and the Karens who ratted him out are stupid. WTH we are our own worst enemies sometimes.

ETA. Unloaded rifle. Probably in a case. Probably bringing it to his own personal office.

Literally nothing wrong with that.
Literally is used literally too much.

And, it was not his personal office. It was a room in the hospital he was allowed to use.

Calm down.

The Dr is an idiot plain and simple.
Some doctors think they are above it all. Likely thought he could do whatever he wanted to do. Maybe it was Dr Fauci?

I'd be surprised if the Hospital did not have one of those "no weapons allowed" policies.........and yet again he must have thought that rules was certainly NOT for him. I do agree with those who say he likely broke no laws but he we might have a case of rules for thee and not for me attitude.

We are going to only hear or see what sells news papers or sells commercials and not the whole story, unfortunately

Some doctors think they are above it all. Likely thought he could do whatever he wanted to do. Maybe it was Dr Fauci?

I'd be surprised if the Hospital did not have one of those "no weapons allowed" policies.........and yet again he must have thought that rules was certainly NOT for him. I do agree with those who say he likely broke no laws but he we might have a case of rules for thee and not for me attitude.
Probably a good assumption.

Don’t get me wrong I got no problems with anyone carrying a rifle wherever but at a hospital where it’s probably prohibited is not a good play

Back
Top Bottom