• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Doberman breeder

MXD

Can anyone recommend a good breeder? My wife and I had to put out dog down this week so I want to get the ball rolling on getting a new one.

I had a Red Doberman for years, Moose. He was the BEST dog I have ever come across. He was smart, loving, loyal, scary looking, defensive, softie of a dog I could ever ask for. He had to be put down the day before I left for boot camp from complications of a misdiagnosed cancer.

He was such a good dog, I do not want get an other one, because he left big shoes to fill. You will not be disappointed with a Dobie. Good luck in your search.

Last edited:
I never knew this until recently, but I saw on some TV show that Doberman's are the third smartest breed of dog. I knew German Shepard's were smart, but that fact surprised me.

They are a VERY misunderstood breed. They are also as loyal and loving to their owner and family as they are smart. They look after infants/children like they were their own pups. Add to that the fact that they are fearless and you have yourself one of the best family guardians that you could ask for.

The one major downside is that because they are so attached and loyal, they need to always be with the family. They are very emotional and will definitely feel neglected if they are only allowed in certain rooms or not allowed to sleep in the same room as the owner. For me and my wife, that's a no brainer. Our dogs are like part of our family but that's not always the case with some owners. They also need structured training and a strong commitment from the owner. They are so smart that if you don't challenge them (the structure and training) they will get bored and eventually just do their own thing.

Last edited:
I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. I've had Dobie's my entire life. My most recent, I acquired through a breeder in Harvard, MA. This is Tessa. PM me if you want info on the breeder. These are serious Dobie lines and not cheap money.

Tessa (Large).JPG

Last edited:
Dobermans are awesome. There was one that lived near the inlaws, she would walk over and actually lean on me while I scratched her head. Such a sweet dog.

Back
Top Bottom