• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

DOB required for letter of reference - Waltham

I'm basically just looking for feedback here. I am writing a letter for a friend in Waltham, and in addition to my name, address, and telephone number, they want my date of birth.

I presume they mean to use it to run a CORI on me, or something similar. Basically, I prefer to give my friend the letter without my DOB, but don't want them to get jammed up over it.

From my perspective, it's more a matter of principle than anything else because I know they could easily get this info and I know a background check won't turn up anything, except maybe my membership in the notorious NES gang.

Thoughts?

They probably just want to make sure that you are at least 21. They can probably CORI you without you DOB.. but my quess is its to make sure that the person that is making the recommendation (you) is an adult. Not sure how they would react if you left it out. I had to provide 3 letters of recommendation to the police chief here, no request for DOB and I am almost sure they didnt call any of them.

Last edited:
Just a letter stating how long you have known the person, that he is "law abiding, " responsible and good personal character also that you see no reason that he should not be given a LTC. It is doubtful they will even call to check with the writer. They did not in my case. You do have to put your DOB on it. I doubt if they cori you just because you wrote the letter.

They don't even read those letters. They do all that to make you jump through ridiculous hoops to make getting your ltc a pain in the ass.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

They don't even read those letters. They do all that to make you jump through ridiculous hoops to make getting your ltc a pain in the ass.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, that seems to be consensus, and I don't know of anyone used as a reference who has actually been called.

That is part of the objection.

Back
Top Bottom