• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Doall clay cannon......worth every penny.

whacko

NES Member
$80 as bass pro. I was skeptical took a chance on it. It works awesome. Singles. Stacked doubles. Wide doubles. Any angel you want to hold it at. It's as much fun trying to confuse the shooter as it is shooting. Very easy to cock and load. I just spent a full hour using it with my son and we laughed our asses off at the crazy angles you can get it to do. Not even tired from using it. The old aluminum slinger we have is a bitch to cock and load. This thing is awesome. 20200517_171752.jpg

That thing looks awesome will have to check it out now never heard of it before. I agree the old spring style one I have is a Pain

That is pretty cool.... those guys are going to be rich because of this rona bullshit has shut down most of the skeet/trap deals in a lot of states.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-JLo-SuAoA

We are open for trap but members only yo keep the numbers down. I shot trap this morning then went back this afternoon to try out this contraption. It really is a nice slinger lots of fun.

That thing looks awesome will have to check it out now never heard of it before. I agree the old spring style one I have is a Pain
It has some bad reviews on some sights that is why i said I took a chance. Don't know what there would be to complain about. You can stack clays and sling a double that has em close together on the same arc.....or put them in touching side by side against the curve on the arm and throw a wide pair. You can hold it upright and throw a high arc......hold it on a canted slant and the clays curve through the air! It's is fun as hell and you can throw come challenging angles with it.

My old aluminum ground slinger with the rope trigger I'd leave the range after 20 minutes frigging exhausted and you don't have that many options to make it "random" to the shooter.

$80 as bass pro. I was skeptical took a chance on it. It works awesome. Singles. Stacked doubles. Wide doubles. Any angel you want to hold it at. It's as much fun trying to confuse the shooter as it is shooting. Very easy to cock and load. I just spent a full hour using it with my son and we laughed our asses off at the crazy angles you can get it to do. Not even tired from using it. The old aluminum slinger we have is a bitch to cock and load. This thing is awesome.View attachment 357958
Spring-powered, battery or AC? I agree! Not much into trap or skeet but looks like this contraption could be a real challenge!

I got one for my Birthday last week from the girlfriend. That afternoon we went through a box of 90 Clay's no problem.

It really is hard to predict where the clays are going to end up. But that makes it a hell of a lot of fun. With the tension all the way up, it launches the clay very respectfully quick for a handheld spring powered unit. Doubles are a blast.

Not to jack the thread, but does BassPro have clay pigeons as well? I assume they do. I used to get them at Walmart but haven’t seen them in a while. Nearest BassPro to me is 40 minutes away and I can’t think of any LGS that stock them.
Think I have to take a drive and pick up enough to make it worth it.

Some day I'm gonna have a big-ass piece of land and I'll have something like this. I love shooting trap. I just never get to do it. Far more fun than static targets.

Not to jack the thread, but does BassPro have clay pigeons as well? I assume they do. I used to get them at Walmart but haven’t seen them in a while. Nearest BassPro to me is 40 minutes away and I can’t think of any LGS that stock them.
Hookset had plenty of clays in stock.

Some day I'm gonna have a big-ass piece of land and I'll have something like this. I love shooting trap. I just never get to do it. Far more fun than static targets.
For $80 this thing is an absolute hoot. We went through 3 boxes of .410 in my Henry lever action shooting doubles! Laughing our asses off the whole time. It's a challenge with a lever action and really teaches you how to work the lever and follow through to the second clay.

They're $6.88/90 at Walmart. You can use the Walmart website to check for stocking locations.

if I didn't already have a wheelybird i'd definitely buy one. Looks fun!
The Wheelybird is definitely a better unit. Does it do doubles?

With this DoAll Clay Cannon, you could potentially slay 3-4 clays in a sitting with both units being used... too much fun.

With this DoAll Clay Cannon, you could potentially slay 3-4 clays in a sitting with both units being used... too much fun.

not simultaneously no, but you can do serial pairs pretty quickly

And it has the added benefit of not being able to rip off your fingers like most manual throwers I've seen
Or smack you in the shins like the aluminum ones that are on the ground!

It's much safer.

For anyone that has one, can the spring be adjusted to regulate speed?
The orange knob is the tensioner. The speed on this thing is definitely not like sporting clays and trap slinger speed. It can be adjusted though yes. I have mine at about half way and it is admittedly pretty slow.....but still a ton of fun.

If anyone gets one don't insert the clays and let them slide all the way to the back of the "arm" they will break coming out. Leave them in the arc of the arm or just below it. Took me about 4 busted clays to figure that out. Then I read the instructions and it actually says it (I'm a man .....so reading instructions is always the last resort).

I like the looks of this. Straight level throws. . . or not as you desire.

I've got a hand-thrower on a fiberglass pole. It LAUNCHES them, but you've got to be really steady to keep it on the proper angle. It's like shooting doves who are going in straight lines. Just F-A-S-T.

I've also got a shove-in-the-ground one. After 10-20 shots, it works itself out of the ground.

Damn. Now I need to buy a piece of land.

Got one ordered .
The wife is really wanting to try it .
She has a real hard time with the hand thrower.
Pro tip, never tell a woman with a shotgun she throws like a girl. [rofl]

the big difference is the speed. The WB can throw em like 60 yards which is good practice for real clays. But this looks fun and simple

Back
Top Bottom