• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

'Do Your Job': Mayor Walsh, Hundreds of Activists Call for Stricter Gun Control Measures

mikeyp

NES Member
I can't way what I wish would happen or I'd get myself in trouble lol

'Do Your Job': Boston Mayor Calls for Gun Reform at Rally

Hundreds of people packed Boston City Hall Plaza Sunday afternoon, calling for gun reform and urging senators to return from their summer recess to vote on a background checks bill.

The rally, organized by the gun reform groups Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America and Everytown for Gun Safety, came two weeks after a pair of mass shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, left 31 people dead.

Organizers, volunteers, politicians and gun violence survivors spoke at the Boston rally.

"If they brought a background check bill out for a vote on the senate floor, it would pass," Ruth Rollins said. "It's Mitch McConnell who is answering to the NRA not allowing us to have that debate.”

Rollins' son Daniel was shot and killed in 2007.

"Gun violence is not an urban issue," she said. "It is a national issue, and we all have to work together to play our part."

When Boston Mayor Marty Walsh was asked what he can do to help, he responded he could work with other mayors to put pressure on the Senate.

“I have a message for Mitch McConnell — do your job!” Mayor Walsh said.

Walsh, a Democrat, was referring to Republican Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, who has refused to hold a vote on a bipartisan background checks bill that cleared the House in February.

“I should not be here with you today,” Democratic Senator Ed Markey of Massachusetts said. “I should be on the floor of the United States Senate right now.”

Markey said he’s ready to return to Washington any time.

“I think senators across the country would be ready to go back,” he said, “but Mitch McConnell and Donald Trump do not want a vote that in any way irritates the National Rifle Association.”

Similar rallies were held around the country Saturday seeking to pressure Congress to tighten the nation's gun laws after the recent mass shootings

Organizers are pressing Congress to pass legislation to require background checks on all gun sales and a "red flag'' bill to make it easier to take guns from people who may be suicidal or violent to others.

Senator McConnell has said that the gun reform debate will be front and center when the Senate returns next month, but he hasn't promised to hold any votes.

A week after the shootings in El Paso and Dayton, NBC News and the Wall Street Journal asked 1,000 adults about expanding background checks to all gun sales in America, and 89-percent supported the idea.

Which of these shootings would background checks have stopped. As far as EPRO laws go, they have to insure due-process right from the get go, be able to face the accuser, and the accuser has to have hard evidence and be limited as to who can ask for the EPRO and heard before a judge in a true hearing.

"Gun violence is not an urban issue," she said. "It is a national issue, and we all have to work together to play our part."

I like how urbanites project their own issues on all of America. They made their bed they can sleep in it. Their politics ravaged the host and now they must spread to survive. Not gonna fly in the Real American homeland.

This inbred moron should follow his own advice and focus on Boston, not worrying about what the rest of the country is doing.

Ya do your job!!, pass some more paper around with ink on it...THAT'LL STOP THE CRIME...How are those " Gun free Zone " signs working out?

giphy.gif

His job is to uphold his oath to the constitution and secure the blessings of liberty for all. He obviously hasn't been doing his job and it appears he doesn't intend to.

His job is to uphold his oath to the constitution and secure the blessings of liberty for all. He obviously hasn't been doing his job and it appears he doesn't intend to.

Exactly. Do your f***ing job Marty and defend constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic.

anti retard said:
"Gun violence is not an urban issue," she said.

Uhm, who are you kidding, moron? Most people killed by bullets in america die in or near big dump cities, so it most certainly is an urban issue.

"It is a national issue, and we all have to work together to play our part."

(Tucker Carlson sez) "No, it's not. "

-Mike

MA is full on gun control already. What the **** are these dumb***** protesting?

Virtue signaling about crap way out of your purview.territory is the new thing, apparently. I mean look at maura f***face healey, always on these eco nazi confabs and all kinds of other virtue signaling BS that has nothing to do with MA.

-Mike

They keep saying "gun violence" to gloss over the fact the people doing all the shooting and murdering are frequent offenders that Marty and his political buddies keep turning out onto the streets despite lengthy lists of charges and mandatory minimums which otherwise would keep them out of circulations for years if not decades.

Ok Maaaaaaaaahty, You can do all the background checks you want or better yet just take every gun away from every law abiding person in Boston and you will STILL have these shitbag gang bangers and thugs shooting each other and committing crimes. F**KING EYE ROLL

They keep saying "gun violence" to gloss over the fact the people doing all the shooting and murdering are frequent offenders that Marty and his political buddies keep turning out onto the streets despite lengthy lists of charges and mandatory minimums which otherwise would keep them out of circulations for years if not decades.
Makes me think of this article which points out what the real problem is: Sultan Knish: America Doesn't Have a Gun Problem, It Has a Democrat Problem

"It's Mitch McConnell who is answering to the NRA not allowing us to have that debate.”

“I think senators across the country would be ready to go back,” he said, “but Mitch McConnell and Donald Trump do not want a vote that in any way irritates the National Rifle Association.”

Actually, I'm not sure where I sit on this.

On the one hand, from my perspective the NRA is currently a shitshow, torn by internal (executive) strife and external (members) near-revolt. I feel like it's losing a lot of its effectiveness, from a lobbying standpoint.

On the other hand, these morons still see the NRA as their chief protagonist, which probably gives the NRA more credibility from a lobbying standpoint. I'd be more worried if they said "The NRA is a shell of what it once was; now's the time to crush them by passing signature gun control legislation over their rotting corpse."

The rally is, of course, stupid. But, hey, stupid is what they do, and that's their right.

This is why I vehemently oppose one-gun-a-month rules. Some months I can't afford to buy a gun, and I don't think it's fair the law requires me to do so without regard to my finances.
Maybe we can get the government to purchase our monthly guns so that we'll not have to suffer going without during the months that we might be financially strapped.;):D

Isn't there a shooting in Dorchester or Mattapan that this guy can stop?[puke]
Try a rally there late at night sometime there ol Marty boy...[rofl]

More bla, bla, bla, bla..
Less convictions and even less incarcerations of those actually doing these shootings in the city...Boston strong..[angry2]

Last edited:
Who gives a flying f*** what "hundreds of activists" think about anything? It's tyranny of the minority at every turn in Progressistan.

That's funny coming from a guy who can't even get a working public transit system in his city.
Maybe spent less time shaking down concert promoters Mahty.

Rollins' son Daniel was shot and killed in 2007.

She has my sympathies, but did the gun go rouge and starting shooting on it's own or was there some dirtbag behind the trigger ?

That's not a bug in the system , it's a feature for Dems.

Well if they didn't put them back out on the street, they would lose the need to push for more gun control.

Malodave

Note that the lying media is ramping up its efforts to make the white male terrorist public enemy#1. They directly call out violence done by white males, but violence done by black males is "gun violence."

How about stricter controls on Illegals. Now the A%&H*!E is pushing to give them drivers licenses. Pure dirtbag with a hangover, if he's ever sober enough to have one. How many will they kill while driving? Unbelievable

Charlie says he's against giving them drivers licenses

Back
Top Bottom