• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Do you still have your first gun?

Rem 870LW field special, 20G with a 21" barrel. My dad bought it for me from Lew Hortons in 1985. It has killed so many winged, 4 legged critters and clay targets I cant even count them anymore. I still use the gun ( went out this week ) as an upland bird and rabbet killer, even got a wood duck last year with it. Out for Pheasant wood duck spooked up, steel in the pipe, plug in the tube and blamo, wood duck breast for dinner.
I still hunt with ammo I ( over ) bought in the 80's from the Fair in Worc, lol.
The Fair in Worcester ... that's a blast from the past, as is (was) Service merchandise in Auburn, andother place to buy guns and ammo back in the day.

Still have the first three guns I bought.
First was a Mossy 500 that I have not shot in a while, but it is solid and reliable. And every homeowner needs a 12ga pump.
Bought my first two handguns at the same time. S&W 686 - 4" and a Sig 226.. Still shoot them both regularly and the 226 is currently on night stand duty, In a hand gun safe with a couple of loaded pre-bans.

Rem 870LW field special, 20G with a 21" barrel. My dad bought it for me from Lew Hortons in 1985. It has killed so many winged, 4 legged critters and clay targets I cant even count them anymore. I still use the gun ( went out this week ) as an upland bird and rabbet killer, even got a wood duck last year with it. Out for Pheasant wood duck spooked up, steel in the pipe, plug in the tube and blamo, wood duck breast for dinner.
I still hunt with ammo I ( over ) bought in the 80's from the Fair in Worc, lol.

The Fair in Worcester ... that's a blast from the past, as is (was) Service merchandise in Auburn, andother place to buy guns and ammo back in the day.

The Fair had a pretty good selection of guns in its day, I used to love trips to there (and Spag's) when I was a kid. I did hate having to pay a dime to take a leak at the Fair, I had to run around the store and find my mother to get a dime - the bathrooms were right at the entrance but I was too excited to get to the gun counter to waste any time on the way in.

My first ever "gun", yes, a bb/pellet gun.

First ever was a crappy .22 revolver. That's gone. I sold a Daewoo .223. heartbreakingly, an Uzi pistol in .45. That was the last. The next time I part with any, it'll be in my will.

no and no

The first gun I bought on my FID was some cheap BB gun I got for like $25 bucks at Royal in Stoneham a zillion years ago

I think I threw it out at one point many years later

My first pistol was a Raven 25 .... a real POS I paid $49 bucks for.... I gave it to a friend of mine in 1992 and he still has it

Nope, sold her (Tanfoglio TA90 Combat Gold, case hardened finish like this P-19) 10 years after I've bought her
1668361703115.png

and bought a SIG P210-4 of the 1952 contract for the German Border Police. Geez, another 20 years gone by.....

ETA: The 2nd one after the Tanfoglio was a S&W 686-3 6". It's still in this household but legally belongs to the Missus,
who found it under the Christmas tree in 2016.
I've bought that one in early '93 and hauled it to the U.S. and back to have it modified into a 1-of-1 at the Springfield
factory in early '97.

Last edited:
I still have the first firearm I ever bought. Granted a LOT on it has been changed out over the years. I call it my FrankenPara (P14) since the only things still original to it are the slide, barrel and barrel bushing. Well, maybe some of the internal parts on the frame are also original, I can't recall exactly. Bought it in '94, so give me a break. [rofl2]

I do still take it to the range from time to time. Now that I'm thinking about it, I'll probably take it next range trip (might be next weekend depending on the weather).

My dad bought me an Ithaca model 66 Supersingle lever action .410 shotgun back in '68. $35 brand new. I was deadly with it, shooting doves and quail. Did a couple of doubles on doves. Moved up to an old model 12 Winchester 12 gauge my grandfather gave me eventually, and was even MORE deadly. Now I can't hit a friggin thing with the 410. Still use it's serial # in my passwords.

LITTLE KNOWN FACT...

Gunbroker.com pre-dates fire... 🔥

Back
Top Bottom