• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Do you prefer 1873 Cattleman or 1875 SAA revolver?

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Picked up a very nice Uberti 1860 Henry rifle imported by Navy Arms and it's an excellent rifle in 45 Colt. Now I find myself wanting a single action revolver to go with it. For those that have these what do you prefer? I like the Uberti rifle so I'm thinking of getting a Uberti revolver. I'm thinking about the 1873 Cattleman or 1875 SAA, but am leaning towards the SAA. Something about the wedge under the barrel give is a pretty nice look. Unless I'm mistaken they have interchangeable cylinders so you can shoot either 45LC or 45ACP. Don't think I'll get into SASS, but you never know.

I really like my 1873 Uberti Cattleman El Patron in 45 LC. Definitely check out the El Patron...it is the tuned up version for SASS and still affordable. Very nice to shoot.

And it's the Peacemaker (clone)

Last edited:
I've owned both and found very little difference between them. The grip shapes are slightly different and if I remember correctly, the ejection systems are not exactly the same. It will probably come down to which feels better in your hand and which you can find in Ma. I had an 1860 in .45Colt and had a hell of a time finding a load it would shoot accurately.

I have a nickel plated Cattleman and it's a great shooter. I have both .45colt and .45acp cylinders though I rarely shoot the latter through this gun. I bought a die set for .45colt just for the Uberti.

Back
Top Bottom