• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Do you need the pin number to buy firearm from FFL in MA?

I keep mine written on my ltc. That way I never need to look for it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
LOL..
I do that with my ATM cards, because I can never remember my pin. I write it in a computer code like hex or binary, that i know, and just need to remember to convert it to base 10 in my head.

FYI i found out the hard way that you need the PIN to do a FTF transfer over the internet.

I keep mine written on my ltc. That way I never need to look for it.

The paperwork issued with my LTC which contained my PIN specifically stated that the number is NOT to be written on the LTC. The state may consider this a violation of the terms of issuance.

Write your pin on the back of your drivers license. You most likely always have your drivers license on you, so you will never forget your pin.

I keep mine as a contact in my cell phone. My LTC doesn't have a print because the reader at the station was on the fritz when I got mine. After the first dozen uses, I pretty much remember it now.

I keep mine as a contact in my cell phone. My LTC doesn't have a print because the reader at the station was on the fritz when I got mine. After the first dozen uses, I pretty much remember it now.

I dont knopw why I dont have one. When my prints were done it was with ink and paper.are they usually done electronically?

I just put the pin in my cell phone as a contact. If someone has both my wallet and my cell phone, the last thing I'm worried about is that they do a transfer at an FFL with my stolen license.

Unless I'm missing something?

I just put the pin in my cell phone as a contact. If someone has both my wallet and my cell phone, the last thing I'm worried about is that they do a transfer at an FFL with my stolen license.

Unless I'm missing something?

That's what I did, but I just labeled it "PIN" so it's not clear what the PIN works with.

That's what I did, but I just labeled it "PIN" so it's not clear what the PIN works with.

I put it in as "LTC PIN"... I figure most thieves aren't LTC holders and probably don't know what it means in this state.... and again, what good does it do them? Unless they look like me and they are trying to buy a gun through an FFL.

Unless I'm missing something, I don't understand the security aspects of the pin. It's just a way that the state has to prove that you made a transaction. Why they'd need to prove that, I have no idea. Maybe to prove something you did was long planned... but ... well, I don't really know. I can't even think up a plausible need for it.

Maybe if your license was being used on an e-fa10 at a FTF? But again, unless he looks like me...

It's just stupid.

Unless I'm missing something. Anyone?

I would never write my LTC pin on my LTC itself.

I would never write any pin anywhere on any license. That seems pretty silly.

Aside from Zappa's comment above, why not? What is your risk if the pin is on the ltc?
Zappa, I will have to research that. I've never heard such a thing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom