• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Do you love Hurricanes?

Am I the only one that loves a good storm?
Maybe I'm crazy but I love it when I get to pull out the candles, sleeping bags, board games, and soup cans. I like to gather the family together, set up "camp" in the living room and watch movies till the power goes out. Anyone else?

I used to love them, then I bought a house.

*laugh* I agree, was so much better before I got the house.

I also am responsible for 3 offices in Mass, and 2 in NC, so have 5 locations to stress about (plus having drive into the office so I can help the people who stayed home)

Maybe I'm crazy but I love it when I get to pull out the candles, sleeping bags, board games, and soup cans. I like to gather the family together, set up "camp" in the living room and watch movies till the power goes out. Anyone else?

You might not feel like that when the big one takes down 10% of the trees in New England.......and all the power lines.

Last edited:
Storms like this are a great reminder of why its good to prep. It doesn't have to be a lot, just enough to get by for a week or two. I have a BOL just in case things get really bad or utilities are knocked out for a while.

Storms like this are a great reminder of why its good to prep. It doesn't have to be a lot, just enough to get by for a week or two. I have a BOL just in case things get really bad or utilities are knocked out for a while.

Yup, my preps are pretty much for the big hurricane and 30 days without power.

I'm not really all that fond of hurricanes, but I'm also originally from New Orleans. I experienced Andrew in person and lost family in Katrina.

My condolences. Sandy, Irene, and Juno are why I Prep. Sandy Hook and Ferguson are why I carry. I try to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
Appreciated. The biggest takeaway for me is when it's time to bug out, just bug the f*** out.

Is there a hurricane going on now? I saw a couple leaves on the ground in my yard but I assumed that was because it's getting to be fall.

I'm not really all that fond of hurricanes, but I'm also originally from New Orleans. I experienced Andrew in person and lost family in Katrina.

Very sorry to hear about your loss.

Hurricanes may be fun when you are a kid and have no responsibilities. They aren't fun when they land on you and put you, your loved ones or your property at risk

Last edited:

They're exciting yeah, and if they shut down the office I love them. There's always risk of course, one took our the deck railing on our old condo a few years ago.

I used to hate them at my parents house cause the stream would go from 8 feet wide to 150 feet wide and leave all kinds of crap on the back yard including sand bars.

Back
Top Bottom